Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭conorburke2011

I second that!
    Of course I would! Not a lot available online, but most recentley I took part in a charity campaign to get people to stand up to homophobic bullying. Here's a link on youtube. I'm the guy in the green jumper near the end! Not much to do or say, but it was one of my smaller roles! Sorry to anyone who thinks this is irrelevant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrJxqvalFxM

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

I second that!
    Of course I would! Not a lot available online, but most recentley I took part in a charity campaign to get people to stand up to homophobic bullying. Here's a link on youtube. I'm the guy in the green jumper near the end! Not much to do or say, but it was one of my smaller roles! Sorry to anyone who thinks this is irrelevant!

cool!! That was really, really good! The guy who played the main guy is so familiar...I think I may have met him somewhere during TY. I hate it when you know someone's face but you cant remember where you have seen them! Good job anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

I second that! Great vid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

good vid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

decisions wrote: »
    :( 3 hours worth including a fúck load of Maths and English.
    Holy Sh*t! I was finally convincing myself that school/5th year would be fine and then I saw this.
    Slow Show wrote: »
    I did my homework in fifteen minutes while eating dinner...>.>
    Though this post made me feel a little bit better. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

:( 3 hours worth including a fúck load of Maths and English.

Probably trying to scare ye into thinking that your teachers aren't pushovers tbh. Next week I'm sure it'll be a lot less

Just had a poke around that channel, and I have to say, one of the video's they have favourited is very effective.

Jackobyte wrote: »

Just had a poke around that channel, and I have to say, one of the video's they have favourited is very effective.

Wow that was really good! The videos on that channel are really effective. I cant believe I havent seen those videos on tv or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

deise_girl wrote: »
    Teachers are crazy for streaming classes...
    One example, French: We're using your junior cert marks to determine which class is right for you.
    Example 2, Maths: Anyone who would like to do higher level, please follow me this way! :L
    Ours went exactly the same way and they were French and Maths as well.......:eek:

Very surprisingly though we ended up with 33 people in the higher level maths class.....they obviously never expected that because there weren't even enough seats in the room for everyone.

But all-in-all the first day of 5th year wasn't as bad as I was expecting. :) Thank the lord I ended up in the Irish class that I wanted to be in with the teacher that I had from 1st-3rd year because sheis seriously the most amazing woman ever, only 2 of us from that class are now in her clas and she said welcome back to us and everything when we were on the way in, I felt so special :o.

On the down side, 8 of us from last year's TY class have to take our lockers outside in the prefabs with all of the first years because there isn't enough lockers with the rest of the 5th year lockers or something like that, meaning that we'll have to run in and out to them in all kinds of weather roughly5 times a day.:( The vice-principal pounced on two of us when we were on the way down the stairs and told us that she needed some "senior presence" out there with them because they're so far away from the main school building.

Also seeing as trhe school is [ractically a building site at the moment, a whole load of it is blocked off which is really weird, you walk around expecting to be able to use a door but realise you can't and then have to walk the whole way back to use another door, also 2 of the science labs have been blocked off because of work going on outside them, meaning that we're now down to 1 science lab between 800-ish students :eek: Also, we saw a sign on one set of bathrooms (which is now also cordoned off) saying that they were out of use and had acid in them :confused:

tl;dr: Not a bad first day of 5th year, amazing Irish teacher, weird streaming, lockers outside actual school building on prefabs woth first years for some "senior presence", a building site for a school and acid in toilets.

tl;dr: Not a bad first day of 5th year, amazing Irish teacher, weird streaming, lockers outside actual school building on prefabs woth first years for some "senior presence", a building site for a school and acid in toilets.

Lol! So, I'm in for two hours tomorrow. Am I right to just expect an introduction/timetable/"knuckle down" speech?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Lol! So, I'm in for two hours tomorrow. Am I right to just expect an introduction/timetable/"knuckle down" speech?
    In two hours, I'd say so. In our whole day we didn't really get a speech on putting in hard work, effort and sheer grafting which is strange because usually we'd be getting it every 2 minutes.

Must have been the new principals influence, I been back one day and I like her already, She really couldn't be worse than the old one though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Not back til Wednesday but feel bad already! We have a new principal and apparently she is really strict and scary! She was checking sock colour and handing out wipes to take make up off.. Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

Not back til Wednesday but feel bad already! We have a new principal and apparently she is really strict and scary! She was checking sock colour and handing out wipes to take make up off.. Yikes!

Well, I must say that's a bit extreme isn't it?!:eek: I'm back tomorrow aswell.. I still can't get my head around that I'm actually going back, hols over...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

DarkDusk wrote: »

Well, I must say that's a bit extreme isn't it?!:eek: I'm back tomorrow aswell.. I still can't get my head around that I'm actually going back, hols over...:(

I know it's such a horrible feeling! Have to get everything ready.. :(

First day of real classes today...got homework in every subject :eek: Should take me a couple of hours...we Also started the higher level maths course which so far, isnt too bad...but obviously that is going to change!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Got back today. Got homework in French. I don't have my french book. yaaaaay.

Unfortunately, I have to do History. Not that I don't like History, it's awesome. I just don't want to do it.
    I spent days stressing over the History\Accounting decision and now it's been made for me? :/

Good day though, got myself into some brilliant classes. Got all the classes I wanted (other than accounting), and managed to get all the teachers I want (other than Physics, our teacher is just mad)

Today was great. My form class is great, and I have at least one good friend in every class. In the highest maths class, and got the best English teacher in the school IMO(weren't told whether this was the highest class or not, but I'm guessing it is by the students). Irish teacher is grand. Of the 4 teaching HL Irish, she is definitely number 1 or 2 so all good.

tl;dr:
    Happiez so far! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

First day back today!

Wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, no one mentioned the LC which was great!

Timetable could be better: Tuesday and Wednesday mornings are the same, which sucks. On Mondays I have maths, english, then more maths.

Still don't know who my Irish or English teachers are, and I have Irish first thing in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

First Day back.

Loads of Applied Maths homework and it's bloody difficult :\
    Plus, One of my teachers was imitating us about not doing our homework and he said "Fcuk tha poliec" 'twas fairly unreal.

Good day overall though.

Homework not that bad today only got about 30min :D
    oh and I <3 Ap. Maths :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

Homework not that bad today only got about 30min :D
    oh and I <3 Ap. Maths :D

App. Maths is super interesting , but alot of homework sucks no matter what subject. The bloody vectors got me for a while :P

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

Seems like I'm the only person who didn't get any homework on the first day...

App. Maths is super interesting , but alot of homework sucks no matter what subject. The bloody vectors got me for a while :P
    Love the problem solving side of it but then doing 20 identical questions all done the same way is no fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

If anyone cares about my maths question saga, I was completely misreading what the question was about and I totally get it now...damn Project Maths with all its words and downright odd questions. But I am improving, one many-worded question after the next!

I know, I know, my life is just one sequence of exciting events after the next.

In other news, after finally having a Chemistry class, I can finally say with full conviction:

LC Sciences > JC Science x10000000.

Slow Show wrote: »
    In other news, after finally having a Chemistry class, I can finally say with full conviction:

LC Sciences > JC Science x10000000.

Today in physics we learned how to draw a graph :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Today in physics we learned how to draw a graph :rolleyes:

You can lose marks for drawing a sh*tty graph iirc! :P They have to be the dots with circles around them and the graph has to be labeled! :pac:

You can lose marks for drawing a sh*tty graph iirc! :P They have to be the dots with circles around them and the graph has to be labeled! :pac:

I know, but what is worrying is that 4/6 in the class didn't :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

here's something i never thought i'd say: fifth year is p. awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

5th year IS pretty awesome
    but on another note, I've just realised I can transfer to History (which I didn't choose to do) to Business. I just want whichever subject is easier... what do I side with? :L

• Advertisement

In other news, for English I'm doing Macbeth, Wuthering Heights (sp?), Casablanca and The Great Gatsby. What is everyone else doing..?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement