Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Sorry was wondering if someone could tell me how to do the Project Maths sample paper http://www.examinations.ie/schools/Project_Math_Phase_1_P2_Higher_Level.pdf
    Q5 (a) ?

I'm not sure what they're asking? :/

Don't you just sub in 0 and π/4 etc. for 2x, sin2x etc.??? Or else I'm probably missing out on something here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

kingcobra wrote: »
    Don't you just sub in 0 and π/4 etc. for 2x, sin2x etc.??? Or else I'm probably missing out on something here :pac:

yeh probably just didn't think it was that simple :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Anyone else's room in an absolute wreck?
    :pac:

http://omg.wthax.org/DSC_0166_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Methememb wrote: »

The sraith pictiur :D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

My floor is completely covered in books, sheets etc. can't wait to be finished just to get rid of them all :P

• Advertisement

Jade. wrote: »
    My floor is completely covered in books, sheets etc. can't wait to be finished just to get rid of them all :P

I cant function with all that **** around me, just tidied my whole room :D

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Went to see Two Door cinema Club last night and they were amazing so worth taking the weekend off study! To make things even better, when we were checking out of the hotel this morning we met the lead singer and got our tickets signed! Best end to the worst week ever :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Why must so many people I know have been at TDCC but when it came to asking friends to go with me they tell me "Colm, it's the week before the mocks, you should be studying" and I'm stuck here at home, not even studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I've done absolutely no study whatsoever this weekend. Yesterday was taken up with homework, this morning finishing up the CAO, then going to see Les Mis which was aaamazing amd everyone should go see it. So I have still yet to do any study today........someone needs to slap me. Seriously.

I've done absolutely no study whatsoever this weekend. Yesterday was taken up with homework, this morning finishing up the CAO, then going to see Les Mis which was aaamazing amd everyone should go see it. So I have still yet to do any study today........someone needs to slap me. Seriously.

If the teacher is halfway daycent, the homework should be beneficial anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Went to see Two Door cinema Club last night and they were amazing so worth taking the weekend off study! To make things even better, when we were checking out of the hotel this morning we met the lead singer and got our tickets signed! Best end to the worst week ever :D

I was at the gig too ! Great night, the balloons at the end were a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

MGMTea wrote: »
    I was at the gig too ! Great night, the balloons at the end were a nice touch.

I was right up the front, queued two hours in the cold, but epic gig! The Balloons were a fun way to end the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Didn't do anything this weekend, I literally didn't do anything except write 7 bullet points for an English question which took me 15 minutes, which I did about 20 minutes ago.... Just to make you all feel a little bit better about not doing enough study.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I had great plans to study this weekend, I actually finished my homework yesterday so I could study today, then of course "a family thing" just had to come up. And the 1 thing that has been getting me through the year so far was the belief that I would be going on holidays after the leaving, well that dream just got trampled all over. Today has been absolute shíte! :( I want to cry at this stage, it's been 1 thing after another this week

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DonallFitz

Didn't do anything this weekend, I literally didn't do anything except write 7 bullet points for an English question which took me 15 minutes, which I did about 20 minutes ago.... Just to make you all feel a little bit better about not doing enough study.

You think you got problems, i went to the Philip Champion English Revision Course today, wasted 50 euros and a day of study!

DonallFitz wrote: »
    You think you got problems, i went to the Philip Champion English Revision Course today, wasted 50 euros and a day of study!

In all fairness the book is fairly good, the day itself is poor, but I think the book is worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I had great plans to study this weekend, I actually finished my homework yesterday so I could study today, then of course "a family thing" just had to come up. And the 1 thing that has been getting me through the year so far was the belief that I would be going on holidays after the leaving, well that dream just got trampled all over. Today has been absolute shíte! :( I want to cry at this stage, it's been 1 thing after another this week

Aw hugsie :( Know how ya feel, my Summer plans have recently been shat on as well. But hey, college :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

I spent 3 hours doing an ABQ for business yesterday, and in that time I lit the fire, rebuilt a computer, took the dials out of my car, fixed them, returned them, and finished the question today.

F**K you Leaving Cert Disassociation Affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

+1 for doing nothing this weekend.

Aw hugsie :( Know how ya feel, my Summer plans have recently been shat on as well. But hey, college :D
    I'm not looking forward to college, not one little bit at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 DonallFitz

In all fairness the book is fairly good, the day itself is poor, but I think the book is worth it.

You speak the truth. Haven't gotten the time to look at it yet, it'll be my bedtime reading. But really it was a joke that they spent 15 minutes on each of the poets on the course, we weren't going to learn much from it.

I'm not looking forward to college, not one little bit at this stage.

Ah why's that? :o Think of all the brilliant-nes :D If nothin' else you'll be studying something you actually like rather than crappy LC courses, plus you're going to be with like minded people :)

The thought of college is keeping me going tbh.

Same. Not even that fussed about Summer anymore, just give me college and I'll be happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I was just gonna say. :) UCD website has a great feature where you can look at your course in depth, what each module consists of, the credits, the hours, etc. It's both interesting and motivational. :)

Ah why's that? :o Think of all the brilliant-nes :D If nothin' else you'll be studying something you actually like rather than crappy LC courses, plus you're going to be with like minded people :)
    There's no course I'm interested in, just going to college for the sake if getting a degree, and college is going to be super expensive and the whole social end if it terrifies me :( never mind me, I'm just miserable atm

0mega wrote: »

I was just gonna say. :) UCD website has a great feature where you can look at your course in depth, what each module consists of, the credits, the hours, etc. It's both interesting and motivational. :)
    Maynooth has a similar kind of thing where it gives you all the modules and how it's assessed and everything. I did find a timetable somewhere on it aswell which I must find again and have a look at.

There's no course I'm interested in, just going to college for the sake if getting a degree, and college is going to be super expensive and the whole social end if it terrifies me :( never mind me, I'm just miserable atm

Me too tbh, but I look forward to the terror in a strange sorta way :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I'm not really looking forward to college a whole lot either. I don't get the appeal tbh. I'm only going so I can get a decent job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I have to say I can't wait for college, 'twill be brilliant! I know some people are terrified of the social aspect of making a whole new group of friend but I can't wait to jump into it all!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement