Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

My view on college is that it can't get any worse than secondary school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

The one thing that keeps me going:
    The thought of buying an xbox 360 on June 21st, heading home, and playing Halo 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

I have to say I can't wait for college, 'twill be brilliant! I know some people are terrified of the social aspect of making a whole new group of friend but I can't wait to jump into it all!

+1 +100 :D

College is going to be unreal. Free time, better social life, more freedom, studying something you want to do, new friends, better parties, I'll be over 18. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

HugsiePie wrote: »
    There's no course I'm interested in, just going to college for the sake if getting a degree, and college is going to be super expensive and the whole social end if it terrifies me :( never mind me, I'm just miserable atm
    I 100% agree with the social thing. It'll be a million miles away from anything I'd ever be likely to do if I was left to my own devices. The thought of walking into a lecture hall full of 200-odd people completely alone, without knowing a single person is terrifying me to tell the truth. I'd much prefer to curl up in a ball in a corner and hide from the world forever.

But look it, shure we'll be grand. Who doesn't love adreneline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

I can't wait for college, mainly to get away from my friends at the moment and make new ones, I love talking to new people, and there is so much drama with my friends at the moment, it'll be a relief to get away from them :P And getting to study something I actually like will be amazing :3

Wonder what's the best thing to say to someone like brand new... Hello? Sounds too formal. Well? What if they're not from culchie land like me and don't use well. Hi? Too girly. I really do worry about strange things :rolleyes:

Wonder what's the best thing to say to someone like brand new... Hello? Sounds too formal. Well? What if they're not from culchie land like me and don't use well. Hi? Too girly. I really do worry about strange things :rolleyes:

I tend to worry about the leaving cert first, I'll brush up the social skills after.

In response, I think "Hey" would be a happy medium.

I usually say hi, but I think it depends how you say stuff more than what you actually say really. Like, if I were to say hi, I could either make it sound super preppy, or like I'm really chilled out :cool:

In July I hope I will think about the leaving cert and laugh at it. Right now its hard to think of it as anything but an obstacle blocking me from what I want to do in the future. But I see it as an obstacle which will will be fair in letting me get past if I approach it the right way.

(My mind is all over the place tonight)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

College is definitely what's keeping me going too, I've been looking forward to it for so long. Really looking forward to meeting lots of new people, the freedom living in a decent place where I can do things when I please, studying subjects I really like...if it's a let down I'll be so disappointed. :p

The only thing I'm worried about for college is if the fact that I don't drink will be a major deal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

My view on college is that it can't get any worse than secondary school.
    I thought the same thing when I was making the transition from primary to secondary (I.e that secondary would be better than primary) I was soon proven wrong :(

Ah I think I'll just use well :pac: They'll figure it out. Or "hows things" perhaps, if I'm trying to be polite...

The only thing I'm worried about for college is if the fact that I don't drink will be a major deal :P

Neither do I. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Ah I think I'll just use well :pac: They'll figure it out. Or "hows things" perhaps, if I'm trying to be polite...

Or for the ladies:

"Shtory, cúnt flaps"

No.

I thought the same thing when I was making the transition from primary to secondary (I.e that secondary would be better than primary) I was soon proven wrong :(

I knew secondary school was going to be tough. I mean you were going from a relaxed learning environment to one filled with exams and stress. Going to college will hopefully be like going back to the relaxed learning environment where things are actually of interest and your life is more free and perhaps fun.

Be optimistic. :)

No more of these :(

I knew secondary school was going to be tough. I mean you were going from a relaxed learning environment to one filled with exams and stress. Going to college will hopefully be like going back to the relaxed learning environment where things are actually of interest and your life is more free and perhaps fun.

Be optimistic. :)

No more of these :(
    Yeah, sorry just a lot has happened this week so I'm really down in the dumps recently, I shouldn't go online when I feel like this, I'll just end up spreading the misery. Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I'm mostly worried that I'll end up living with people I won't get along with very well or that I'll dislike the people in my course. I'd hate to be living with people I hate, that's my biggest worry.

• Advertisement

Optimism is definitely the way to go. :)

We're all going to smash the LC and then really get into college life.

Yeah, sorry just a lot has happened this week so I'm really down in the dumps recently, I shouldn't go online when I feel like this, I'll just end up spreading the misery. Sorry

I'm sure most people including myself don't mind. Sure where else can one vent our anger and sadness nowadays? Has to come out somewhere :D

Methememb wrote: »

Please say you're going to galway :)

I'm mostly worried that I'll end up living with people I won't get along with very well or that I'll dislike the people in my course. I'd hate to be living with people I hate, that's my biggest worry.

I have begged my parents to let me have my own room and bathroom, just incase the worst comes to the worst and I end up living with people I don't get along with. That way, i figure I can hide a good 90% of the time, emerging only for food :p

Nor do I

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Why are you looking forward to being over 18 if you don't drink? Are you itchin' to get buying a few scratchcards and putting on the lotto? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I think the whole college thing is quite scary :P doesn't feel like I should be going this year at all, I feel too young!

Please say you're going to galway :)

Trinners :pac:

Ah well. Few naggins, be grand.... Oh wait :pac:

0mega wrote: »
    Why are you looking forward to being over 18 if you don't drink? Are you itchin' to get buying a few scratchcards and putting on the lotto? :)

Maybe getting into nightclubs? But yeah, if I'm feeling particularly crazy I might just buy a lotto ticket.

Ah well. Few naggins, be grand.... Oh wait :pac:

Maybe getting into nightclubs? But yeah, if I'm feeling particularly crazy I might just buy a lotto ticket.
    You might even go a step further and I dunno, donate blood or something,

• Advertisement

Curses, anyone going to Galway? I do not know anyone in that province :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement