Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Methememb wrote: »
    Trinners :pac:

Ah well. Few naggins, be grand.... Oh wait :pac:

Maybe getting into nightclubs? But yeah, if I'm feeling particularly crazy I might just buy a lotto ticket.

A nightclub is the last place I'd want to be sober tbh :pac:. Some people are social enough to manage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Curses, anyone going to Galway? I do not know anyone in that province :pac:
    Probably, you're not from Connacht? Why would you go to Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

0mega wrote: »
    A nightclub is the last place I'd want to be sober tbh :pac:. Some people are social enough to manage though.

I have class craic when I go out. You're actually presenting one of the prime problems with drinking culture in Ireland's youth. There seems to be a stigma around sobriety in social settings. People see drink as a confidence booster, and as an excuse for stupid behaviour. The majority of young people today are to insecure to enjoy themselves at a party or such without alcohol.

I have class craic when I go out. You're actually presenting one of the prime problems with drinking culture in Ireland's youth. There seems to be a stigma around sobriety in social settings. People see drink as a confidence booster, and as an excuse for stupid behaviour. The majority of young people today are to insecure to enjoy themselves at a party or such without alcohol.

I don't disagree, you've hit the nail on the head. But I'll still continue to do it anyway.

I don't disagree, you've hit the nail on the head. But I'll still continue to do it anyway.

Down with that sort of thing. Lets discuss it over a pint.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I can't remember the last time I had a night out and remained fully sober but I know it was a very long time ago. I just can't enjoy myself without a few drinks. I have nothing against people who don't drink, but it's just not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

I don't overload on drink but enjoy it. Prefer being sober while out though.

I can't remember the last time I had a night out and remained fully sober but I know it was a very long time ago. I just can't enjoy myself without a few drinks. I have nothing against people who don't drink, but it's just not for me.

Boom. Why not?

+1

If I planned on going out without having a drink, I'd just assume that it's going to be boring and awkward.

I have nothing against people who don't drink, I do have something against people who don't drink and watch you all night, then insist on telling everyone, including yourself, all the stupid things you did and said that night.

You know who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Probably, you're not from Connacht? Why would you go to Galway?

I'm from Limerick, I just prefer the course in Galway :pac: Plus, there are many people I dislike in Limerick, no harm to get away from them :D

• Advertisement

I'm from Limerick, I just prefer the course in Galway :pac: Plus, there are many people I dislike in Limerick, no harm to get away from them :D

From limerick too and likewise am getting away from the many people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I've never had a drink so a quick question and please answer honestly does it actually make you more confident and social or does it just lower your inhibitions, like does it just give you a false sense of courage or real courage, if you get what I mean

Ah Limerick, 'tis a silly place :pac:

I've never had a drink so a quick question and please answer honestly does it actually make you more confident and social or does it just lower your inhibitions, like does it just give you a false sense of courage or real courage, if you get what I mean

I've witnessed enough of it, and without experiencing it myself I can say it lowers your inhibitions. Some of my most quiet friends have talked the most outrageous sh1te I've ever heard on nights out.

It lowers your inhibitions, but not necessarily in a bad way. You just don't analyse situations as much as you would sober. Talking to new people, for example, you won't think - what should I say? Will they want to talk to me? How do I start a conversation? You just walk up, say whatever's in your head and it goes from there.

You don't suddenly feel better about yourself and more interesting, more attractive, although you may feel more tough. :D

It undoubtedly makes you more confident and you laugh more , as for courage, it really depends on the person :P

Double chemistry in the morning lads, I'm off! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Curses, anyone going to Galway? I do not know anyone in that province :pac:

Me, hopefully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Boom. Why not?

It would just be boring and awkward, for me anyway. Maybe because I'm naturally introverted.
    I do have something against people who don't drink and watch you all night, then insist on telling everyone, including yourself, all the stupid things you did and said that night.

You know who you are.

Haha, yes. Seriously annoying.

For me I get more talkative and social. I enjoy myself more.

Slow Show wrote: »
    Me, hopefully :)

Awesome, boardsies in Galway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

It lowers your inhibitions, but not necessarily in a bad way. You just don't analyse situations as much as you would sober. Talking to new people, for example, you won't think - what should I say? Will they want to talk to me? How do I start a conversation? You just walk up, say whatever's in your head and it goes from there.

You don't suddenly feel better about yourself and more interesting, more attractive, although you may feel more tough. :D

Well with just a couple of drinks you just feel happy, really just enjoying yourself in general, it's really just the same as being sober.
    However, when you take more than a couple you literally just say the very first thing that comes into your head regardless of what it is. You'd have no fear as well, you'd be talking to every person within earshot of you :pac:

kingcobra wrote: »
    Well with just a couple of drinks you just feel happy, really just enjoying yourself in general, it's really just the same as being sober.
    However, when you take more than a couple you literally just say the very first thing that comes into your head regardless of what it is. You'd have no fear as well, you'd be talking to every person within earshot of you :pac:

You're right.

I think anyone with something to hide or any deep dark secrets should watch how much they drink. I've heard some.. interesting confessions over the years. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Happy most depressing day of the year LCers!

Happy most depressing day of the year LCers!

What makes it the most depressing day of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

It's actually snowing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

What makes it the most depressing day of the year?

It's one of these things that has been calculated by *scientists* and *survey* it's one of those things you hear about at the end of the news when they say "and finally…" TBH I'd say those *scientists* have a bit too much time on their hands!

Also how could it be the most depressing day of the year when IT'S SNOWING! Though I don't think I'll get a snow say :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Please, let's not discredit actual science by giving those hacks the name "scientist" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Trinners :pac:

Ah well. Few naggins, be grand.... Oh wait :pac:

Maybe getting into nightclubs? But yeah, if I'm feeling particularly crazy I might just buy a lotto ticket.
    I'm unsure whether you're a guy or a gal, but I've only even seen girls enjoy themselves sober in a nightclub, and that was cause they actually enjoy dancing with friends. You aren't exactly able to hold an intelligible conversation with anyone in them.
    A nightclub is the last place I'd want to be sober tbh :pac:.
    This pretty much.
    Lots of us leaving Limerick this year it would seem. :pac:
    As an introvert, it makes me less self-conscious, and more likely to engage in conversation with people I don't know. Confidence moreso than courage tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Can anyone point me in the right direction with a maths question?

"P(4,2) is a point of the circle c: x^2 + y^2 = 5x. Plot point P and circle c on the co-ordinate plane."

I presume you have to find the centre, but I can't for the life of me remember how!

I know its probably basic, but we did the circle sooo looong ago :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Lads if any of ye use Sue Honan for Geography do you think most of the answers are full marks? I did an exam the other day and wrote two pages of pretty much an exact copy of one of the answers and only got 26/30? :confused:

Just wondering if that is a reoccuring trend?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement