Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

I'm doing 8 subjects, Applied Maths is my 8th, I don't find it massively taxing, but then again I finished the course sometime in November so since then it has just been revision, and now this year it's all very easy when last year is was all greek to me!

Would you recommend taking it up? I'm only in 5th year now and I was considering taking it up. I looked at some of the questions and stuff though and it was a bit intimidating tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

CatEyed92 wrote: »
    Anyone else think that's out of order to say to someone? During a leaving cert year? I thought teachers were meant to encourage you to succeed?

:confused:
    I think thats so out of order, things like that should be said in private, its unfair on you for the teacher to be broadcasting your private business to the rest of the class! It's probably not worth making an offical complaint about, but maybe you could just talk to the teacher after class someday?
    A teacher in my school on friday told their 6th year class that they are all going to end up working in mcdonalds they are so bad... what makes it worse is one girl in that class's mother works in Mcdonalds, she was just lucky not to be in when the teacher said that. And they were being 100% serious when they said it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Would you recommend taking it up? I'm only in 5th year now and I was considering taking it up. I looked at some of the questions and stuff though and it was a bit intimidating tbh...

I would. It's very manageable. You need to do 6 questions out of 10 on the day. The 6 easiest are :
    Linear motion
    Projectiles
    Relative velocity
    Impacts and collisions
    Connected particles
    Differential equations.

If you have a grasp of trigonometry you can do applied Maths. It's all about triangles. It may look intimidating from a quick look, but if you take it chapter by chapter I think it's definitely possible to achieve in it.

Anyone use eircom study hub? Is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Today was just one of those days where nothing at all went my way. Just want to curl up on the couch with a tub of Ben and Jerry's and watch Grays. But I can't because I have 3 tests tomorrow :'(

decisions wrote: »
    Today was just one of those days where nothing at all went my way. Just want to curl up on the couch with a tub of Ben and Jerry's and watch Grays. But I can't because I have 3 tests tomorrow :'(

I know the feeling. Sometimes I just want to beat the sh!t out of something...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

I had one of those days last week, there is nothing better than a good cry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Principal called is out for a chat about the debs today. Our school doesn't organise it anymore as someone got sick on a teacher TWICE two years ago. €70 each for a ticket and its on in the strand hotel limerick. Gonna be expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Principal called is out for a chat about the debs today. Our school doesn't organise it anymore as someone got sick on a teacher TWICE two years ago. €70 each for a ticket and its on in the strand hotel limerick. Gonna be expensive

You'll probably find it better, I'm assuming no teachers will be there this time?

Ours are €80... It's worth it though :D

0mega wrote: »

You'll probably find it better, I'm assuming no teachers will be there this time?

Ya no teachers will be there.

• Advertisement

Methememb wrote: »

Ours are €80... It's worth it though :D

What does the €80 get ye though? €70 just gets us the food, bus is extra

The whole night: Bus, food and nightclub

The whole night: Bus, food and nightclub

Were being ripped off!

Were being ripped off!

Tell whoever is organising it to bargain with the hotel. They're not going to refuse 100 odd customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Debs last year in my school cost 55 Euro I think. Bus, food and nightclub all included. I'd imagine it'd be the same this year. It's always organised by the students.

Debs last year in my school cost 55 Euro I think. Bus, food and nightclub all included. I'd imagine it'd be the same this year. It's always organised by the students.

That's some deal!

Tell whoever is organising it to bargain with the hotel. They're not going to refuse 100 odd customers

I think (could be wrong) its being organised by a external company, I think its called big boss or something. They are probably taking a cut out of the 70 and rest goes go the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Ours is €65 each so €130 for your two tickets and that's just the hotel/food price! Pictures are €35 etc on top of all that

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I think (could be wrong) its being organised by a external company, I think its called big boss or something. They are probably taking a cut out of the 70 and rest goes go the hotel.

Our debs was organised by Big Boss last year and it was around 70 euro ish. And it didn't include the bus. It was great though!

Flabangav wrote: »

Our debs was organised by Big Boss last year and it was around 70 euro ish. And it didn't include the bus. It was great though!

So ye just got the food so?

• Advertisement

Paid for the Debs at the start of the year but I'm not sure if I'm going to go tbh, can't stand most of my year.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

So ye just got the food so?

Well food, band and a DJ.

Paid for the Debs at the start of the year but I'm not sure if I'm going to go tbh, can't stand most of my year.

Trust me, it's a great night. I was the same last year (got invited). Disliked 80% of the year but still had class Craic

Anyway, went to the shops and got large quantities of chocolate and Fish food. Grays is downloading as I type this, so I'm off for the night.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Ours is €100 (Have to get 2 tickets, all girls school) everythings included though; the food, band etc..
    Still undecided if its a rip off though.

deise_girl wrote: »
    Ours is €100 (Have to get 2 tickets, all girls school) everythings included though; the food, band etc..
    Still undecided if its a rip off though.

Its certainly enough. I suppose it depends on the quality of the night. Word of warning: Choose a date carefully !

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Its certainly enough. I suppose it depends on the quality of the night. Word of warning: ChooseFind a date carefullyANYONE !

Haha Fixed your post :P

deise_girl wrote: »
    Haha Fixed your post :P

Niiiiiice :P

Ah no, be grand! I havent invited anyone yet either. Just pick a good friend and enjoy yourself :D

Anything im missing here in this list:
    Tux - will probably rent one
    Shoes
    Flowers/Chocolates for dates mother
    Haircut
    Corsage
    Tickets
    Money for drink

• Advertisement

Anything im missing here in this list: