Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Methememb wrote: »
    Niiiiiice :P

Ah no, be grand! I havent invited anyone yet either. Just pick a good friend and enjoy yourself :D
    I dont think anyone here has really yet! I need to postpone that stress until after the pres at least! Deep breaths and be grand, I hope :L
    Anything im missing here in this list:
    Tux - will probably rent one
    Shoes
    Flowers/Chocolates for dates mother
    Haircut
    Corsage
    Tickets
    Money for drink
    Make sure you smell nice :) (V. Important)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Tbh iv no idea why im listing out things now! Its not on until august!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

It's ridiculous, the second we paid the deposits there was a mad rush of people inviting girls. (Mixed school) Pratically everyone has a date already !

Tbh iv no idea why im listing out things now! Its not on until august!

I was picturing you laying them out on your bedroom floor so you're ready...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Ours are €70 a ticket and I think that's everything included. I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'll bother getting 2 tickets. There's not really any lads I'd bother spending that much money on so I'm not really too bothered about bringing anyone with me. Although I did manage to get a dress which I'm in love with for £22.50 in England so that does give me money to play around with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Anything im missing here in this list:
    Tux - will probably rent one
    Shoes
    Flowers/Chocolates for dates mother
    Haircut
    Corsage
    Tickets
    Money for drink

Money for a bag of chips on the way home? :P Essential for me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Aww Debs talk.. It both terrifies me and gives me butterflies of excitement :P
    So much to do, so much potential for greatness, so much that could go wrong >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I'm actually so excited for the debs, even though I'm still trying to convinve my best friend to go. Last year's wad fairly good even if the food wasn't great and there were a huge amount of fights and stuff, one of which I somehow managed to walk into the middle of.

Methememb wrote: »
    It's ridiculous, the second we paid the deposits there was a mad rush of people inviting girls. (Mixed school) Pratically everyone has a date already !

We've no deposits or anything paid yet but as soon as word got out about the debs, nearly everyone has got a date, including me ;)

David1994 wrote: »

Money for a bag of chips on the way home? :P Essential for me.

Subway :)

• Advertisement

We've no deposits or anything paid yet but as soon as word got out about the debs, nearly everyone has got a date, including me ;)

Good man! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

are ye actually planning on who ye are bringing for the grad/debs already?! Mine will be in September/October and I don't plan on asking someone to go with me until August or that late really.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Ours is always organised by a committee in our school, and we don't use a company to organise it, the teachers are invited by the committee to come, the more sociable ones come the others don't.

Ours is €65 which includes meal, band, DJ and some extra little things, bus isn't included neither is the nightclub!

Most people in my year haven't bothered finding dates yet I am going with a good friend cause we made an agreement :) my best advice is to try pick someone from your year, that way you only have to pay for your own ticket and you don't have to be minding them all night cause they'll know everyone already and wouldn't end up standing in the corner sort of lonely!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

My whole year are so stressed out about getting their dress for the debs now (which isn't until September) but don't care about the leaving cert! I feel like I'm on a different planet to them sometimes...

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

ray2012 wrote: »
    are ye actually planning on who ye are bringing for the grad/debs already?! Mine will be in September/October and I don't plan on asking someone to go with me until August or that late really.. :o

I asked someone in like October :o

You have to be early or you miss out! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

ray2012 wrote: »

I haven't asked anyone either.... going to an all girls school definately has it's disadvantages..... I'll probably ask someone in the summer, or else just ask one of my friends, but yeah i just dont want to even think about that right now. We haven't heard anything about paying for our Debs yet, other than the fact that it's been booked. Just hope its a good night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Jade. wrote: »
    My whole year are so stressed out about getting their dress for the debs now (which isn't until September) but don't care about the leaving cert! I feel like I'm on a different planet to them sometimes...
    Debs, 6th year holidays and 18ths. Only things they are intrested in. I don't get it at all.

I'm purely focused on the Leaving, thank god! Sure the others are useless IMO if you fúck up the leaving...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Yeah, Leaving comes first tbf. Still no harm to have plans though to keep ya sane during these next few awful months

Sad as it sounds, the first thing I'm looking forward to is an Xbox 360 :pac: ... My old one broke back in third year and it hasn't been replaced .... Can't wait now... I just keep picturing Halo 4 and Blacks ops 2 <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Anyone know any good websites or basically anything that can help me with biology? Struggling so much with it and I really need to do higher!

Trying to make my own notes because my teachers make no sense because she downloads her PowerPoints of the Internet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kayleigh01

Jade. wrote: »
    Anyone know any good websites or basically anything that can help me with biology? Struggling so much with it and I really need to do higher!

Trying to make my own notes because my teachers make no sense because she downloads her PowerPoints of the Internet :P

I have notes written & scanned of the entire Bio course! I don't know if they'd help much but if you wanna pm me your email address I'll send them to you tomorrow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Random reminder:

146 days left

Or

20 Weeks

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Random reminder:

146 days left

Or

20 Weeks

shock.gif

shock.gif

Its plenty of time. 146 / 7 subjects = 28 days per subject

Of course no one studies this way though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

A no study update:

I didn't do any study this evening.
    (longcat warning) I made this instead:
    cyclis2t.png
    I already posted it in YLYL, but it's really more suited for here.

A no study update:

I didn't do any study this evening.
    (longcat warning) I made this instead:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I already posted it in YLYL, but it's really more suited for here.

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Mind if I cross-post to my Facebook page?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Colm! wrote: »
    Mind if I cross-post to my Facebook page?

That's the Sraith Pictúir page ya? Hilarious stuff. Hurlamabollocks is now my favourite Prós on the course. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

kevin12345 wrote: »
    That's the Sraith Pictúir page ya? Hilarious stuff. Hurlamabollocks is now my favourite Prós on the course. :D

"Hurlamabollocks". Haha classic! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement