Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Finished it aswell, tbh one of the guys on the team that won is a genius, but it was still fun. The highlight of my night was finding out that my team beat the other team from my school :) and also winning malteasers :D

The highlight of my night was getting the second pizza, I was like AW YEAH! IN all honesty neither teams wanted to know how we did in the end so we never found out our final results!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Anyone else getting sick lately like a really sore throat, runny nose and watery eyes.. Woke up this morning and couldn't talk at all but still had to go to school for Irish aural for the mocks! :(

Yep, feels like I've been dying all day but I persevered at any rate. So many people in school have been sick this week though, it's just going around! I'm just glad I'll have it over with before the mocks. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

The highlight of my night was getting the second pizza, I was like AW YEAH! IN all honesty neither teams wanted to know how we did in the end so we never found out our final results!

It was actually the other team who wanted to know how they got on and so our teacher found out our result as well, The pizza was a nice surprise alright, i wasn't really especting anything from it. By the end of it I was getting really into it, and the night just seemed to go really quickly :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I won! XD

Representing Wexford in the final now.. The other team from our school came second, clean sweep. =P

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

I won! XD

Representing Wexford in the final now.. The other team from our school came second, clean sweep. =P

Congrats :)

• Advertisement

It was actually the other team who wanted to know how they got on and so our teacher found out our result as well, The pizza was a nice surprise alright, i wasn't really especting anything from it. By the end of it I was getting really into it, and the night just seemed to go really quickly :p

You it seemed to be like: We're taking up this round, here's the other round, are you finished with it yet? Very quickfire!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Congrats :)

It was so last minute, we weren't expecting to do well at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Finished the maths quiz (in Cork) did disasterously, though it was nothing like when we practiced it, I was like where did the 6 minutes go every time!

There was so many questions that my team only started figuring out as the bell rang xD like there was one with an equation and 3 points and you had to find the product of ABC... we only copped after 5 minutes that it was simultaneous equations and ran out of time to finish it :pac:

Nice pizza though! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

My brother told me earlier that he'll disown me if I do Arts next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I don't get the big deal about Arts. Is it really that much of a crime to not be sure what you want to study yet? :P

• Advertisement

Do you want fries with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Today is going to be awful with the amount of homework/study I need to get done! Doesn't help that I have zero motivation today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Jade. wrote: »
    Today is going to be awful with the amount of homework/study I need to get done! Doesn't help that I have zero motivation today!

Omg same. I did about an hour of chemistry but only a little bit went into my head. Have to do some Biology in a while too! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

Knackered :(
    FML

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Ya know things are bad when ya reward yourself for studying Maths by studying Biology :p Not food or a proper break just the fact that I get to study something I like :rolleyes: Mocks, kindly go away...

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Can honestly say I haven't opened a book today instead stayed in bed all day with the flu :( don't know what to do about these mocks on Tuesday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Finished my mocks yesterday. Don't worry about them too much, there's not a hope in hell you can be fully ready for them (believe me, I tried). The teachers don't expect you to be ready either. You're preparing for June, not January or February..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

First time at Saturday morning study today in school. Absolutely torturous going in but it was well worth it having 3 hours done by 12 o clock.

Only got my timetable for my mocks on Friday. I have Biology Thursday morning, then I'm off Thursday evening and off all day Friday! Busy week the week after, only one half day. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

**** my life. Adverts user scammed me for €300

Methememb wrote: »
    **** my life. Adverts user scammed me for €300
    What! How?

• Advertisement

Buying Justin bibber tickets and one direction tickets for my little sister. He had feedback and the whole lot. Just got the Pm from Eddie saying he's banned and whatnot.

Wow that sucks, no chance of getting the payment reversed?

Buying Justin bibber tickets and one direction tickets for my little sister. He had feedback and the whole lot. Just got the Pm from Eddie saying he's banned and whatnot.
    That is so lousy!

Cash lodgement to his account, so basically no. I'm getting in touch with people he's dealt with before to try and get his address, hopefully one of them will come through

Wouldn't you love to find these kind of people!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Cash lodgement to his account, so basically no. I'm getting in touch with people he's dealt with before to try and get his address, hopefully one of them will come through
    Yeah adverts can be dodgy at times so thats why I never buy concert tickets or anything worth over €50

I blame Justin Bieber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

That's pretty rubbish. Good luck trying to track yer man down.

Ive an idea of where he lives now. Hopefully he'll just give a refund with no hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I hope you get your money back, what an asshole.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement