Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

kayleigh01 wrote: »
    Does anyone wanna scan that Project Maths Supplement that was in the Times? I missed it :(

As illegal as that sounds, I second it! My family don't buy the paper so I miss out on all of these fancy supplements!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

curly135 wrote: »
    Lads, I've a very quick and stupid question :p

My name happens to have a fada in it, which I included in my CAO application. When we got our exam numbers though, and had to check over the details being sent to the SEC with the list of subjects etc. the teacher said it'd be okay to leave it out, which I did. So basically my name without the fada is what was down on the sheet.

Was just wondering, the missing fada won't cause any complications later will it? :confused: The date of birth and everything else is the same, but I can't help but feel slightly paranoid xD

You're safe with your examination number and CAO number, don't worry if your name hasn't a fada in it I'm sure other people have the same issue as you. Just make sure your DOB is correct and address of school and your gaff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    You're safe with your examination number and CAO number, don't worry if your name hasn't a fada in it I'm sure other people have the same issue as you. Just make sure your DOB is correct and address of school and your gaff ;)

Thanks, just needed a bit of reassurance :D xD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

As illegal as that sounds, I second it! My family don't buy the paper so I miss out on all of these fancy supplements!

I would oblige ye if I didn't have my pres tomorrow and also I don't have access to a scanner :(

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

somehow the other night i got access to it online, and saved all the high level stuff to my computer, pm me your email if you want me to send it to you

• Advertisement

Basically me when I get out a tough question in maths ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭David086

Anyone recommend a revision book for economics? Same for biology pleeeeeeaaase!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Which is better??
    REVISE WISE?
    SHORTCUTS TO SUCCESS?
    LESS STRESS FOR SUCCESS?

I do Russian, Economics, Accounting, English, Irish, Maths, French, Biology All HL All in Irish. fml,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

David086 wrote: »
    Haven't a clue for economics but exam essentials for bio, however my advice would be no revision book and make your own notes from the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

David086 wrote: »
    To be honest I wouldn't bother with revision books for economics.

If I were you:

- I draw out mind maps for market structures, elasticitity etc..
    - Download marking schemes for exam papers on examinations.ie
    - Do exam papers with marking schemes
    - Rinse and repeat (use the mindmaps to help jog your memory a couple of weeks before an exam)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

yournerd wrote: »
    Which is better??
    REVISE WISE?
    SHORTCUTS TO SUCCESS?
    LESS STRESS FOR SUCCESS?

I do Russian, Economics, Accounting, English, Irish, Maths, French, Biology All HL All in Irish. fml,

It varies from subject to subject.

Are you Russian?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Anyone know any other language course in the country apart from International Languages UCD, Applied Languages UL and DCU? Anyone know if there's a difference between them, or if one is better than the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Anyone know any other language course in the country apart from International Languages UCD, Applied Languages UL and DCU? Anyone know if there's a difference between them, or if one is better than the other?

There's European Studies in Trinity if that counts? You do two European languages as a part of that. My highest option would be International Languages in UCD but that's more to do with the university itself more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

kingcobra wrote: »
    There's European Studies in Trinity if that counts? You do two European languages as a part of that. My highest option would be International Languages in UCD but that's more to do with the university itself more than anything.

I wonder would Euro Studies give you the same sort of job prospects though. Is it essentially the same degree as the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    I wonder would Euro Studies give you the same sort of job prospects though. Is it essentially the same degree as the others?

To be honest I don't know, I'd say so, but that's only a pure guess

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

GTA V release date put back to September. Aghhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

For those of you interested in Part 2 of my maths paper saga, ye'll be glad to know that for the most part Paper 2 was a major success. I'm fairly confident that I've dragged my grade out of the gutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

And I've found confirmation that I'm definitely not doing the same papers because I hated my paper two.

Colm! wrote: »
    And I've found confirmation that I'm definitely not doing the same papers because I hated my paper two.
    Not so much the genius now are we? :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Oh gosh mocks.. Oh golly gosh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

My mocks starting tomorrow... English Paper 1 and Maths Paper 1 ... can't wait. :|

Not so much the genius now are we? :P
    You gave me that name now didn't you? Looks worse for yourself, almost :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

For those of you interested in Part 2 of my maths paper saga, ye'll be glad to know that for the most part Paper 2 was a major success. I'm fairly confident that I've dragged my grade out of the gutter.
    Oh God.. Paper 2 is my worst.. We haven't done much from it but still it's my worst! Hopefully paper 1 tomorrow will be ok.
    On another note I have absolutely no idea how chemistry went :(

I've a feeling that I'll be doing the same pre as Colm! our maths teacher keeps telling us that Paper 1 will be grand! It'll look terrible! But if you could understand the English it's simple!

She has intentionally not mentioned Paper 2, which is not a good sign!

Did English Paper 1 today, 'twas grand, don't really care about English either way! And also did DCG, I was preparing so much for the tough questions of one section that when a really easy version of it came up I couldn't handle it at all, furious with myself! Having said that I had time to do another question also, but that wasn't plain sailing either so I suppose he'll use which ever is highest in my final mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Only have English Paper 1 over with, don't really know how it went tbh, my comprehension and QB were alright but my essay, I dunno, I'm really horrible to myself after exams but it was definitely lacking. Hate how I have such a wide vocabulary but I'm terrible at utilising it. Didn't get time to look back over my work either which is very helpful (while slightly torturous) for English but I didn't get the full 2hrs50 either so hopefully I'll do a bit better in June. :p We'll see. One paper down, nine to go.

Colm! wrote: »
    You gave me that name now didn't you? Looks worse for yourself, almost :P
    Yeah, almost being the key word in that sentence

Hence it being there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

GTA V release date put back to September. Aghhhhhhh

Probably for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

So I have Maths Paper 2 and English Paper 1 done and dusted. Hopefully got in or around 80% in each but it remains to be seen as to how well in the other two halves of those subjects! :P

Chemistry and Irish Paper 1 tomorrow! Should be okay for both but Chemistry is one of those subjects I always fret about even though I'm usually grand.. Any predictions? Vinegar Titration would be lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Mocks are so tiring, I'm shattered. At the same time, that week was the quickest week in the history of the universe ever! And I never exaggerate :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement