Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Ive only had one exam this week so far and that was LCVP. I can honestly say LCVP is the most BORING subject in the world!! Its just a load of pointless questions but yet I stayed writing till the end? :confused:
    Lets just say I never want to see another LCVP exam in my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭David086

Ive only had one exam this week so far and that was LCVP. I can honestly say LCVP is the most BORING subject in the world!! Its just a load of pointless questions but yet I stayed writing till the end? :confused:
    Lets just say I never want to see another LCVP exam in my life!

LCVP is a doss, an easy 50 points or 70 if your lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Biology went brilliantly! So happy with it. Couldn't get over the specificity of some of the questions, just proves how the exams are going. No room to bluff answers really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Does anyone know if there are any definition you can be asked in maths paper 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

In the 2011 SEC Sample Paper they asked essentially the definition of a rational number so you never know! But they won't ask the statistics or the theorem definitions in paper 1

• Advertisement

In the 2011 SEC Sample Paper they asked essentially the definition of a rational number so you never know! But they won't ask the statistics or the theorem definitions in paper 1
    I think I could handle that.. I'll just have to cram for paper 2 on Monday.. Thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

I think the only "bookwork" is differentiation from first principles, the volume of a cone and sphere in integration and then the definitions of things rational numbers and integers and stuff like that :)

I think the only "bookwork" is differentiation from first principles, the volume of a cone and sphere in integration and then the definitions of things rational numbers and integers and stuff like that :)
    Forgot about studying first principles! I think I'll just go through a few sections. Be grand!

Anyone wanna help me out?? I just caught my sister stealing 20 euro from my mom cause her 'free text ran out' and i asked her about it and she says she will pay it back tomorrow? I dont know if i should tell my parents or not?? :confused: Shes 13 and started in first year and failed 6 subjects!
    When i asked her about taking the money she begged me not to tell and says she will pay it back and when my mom went out of the kitchen she says that she put a fiver into her purse cause that was all she had, so i decided to look for this fiver.. and there isnt one!!
    I dont know if i should tell or not and let her pay it back but the thng is if i didnt find out would she ever pay it back? :confused:

Anyone wanna help me out?? I just caught my sister stealing 20 euro from my mom cause her 'free text ran out' and i asked her about it and she says she will pay it back tomorrow? I dont know if i should tell my parents or not?? :confused: Shes 13 and started in first year and failed 6 subjects!
    When i asked her about taking the money she begged me not to tell and says she will pay it back and when my mom went out of the kitchen she says that she put a fiver into her purse cause that was all she had, so i decided to look for this fiver.. and there isnt one!!
    I dont know if i should tell or not and let her pay it back but the thng is if i didnt find out would she ever pay it back? :confused:

In all honesty if you're looking for moral advice on Boards, you're definitely in the wrong place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I'd just basically make her put the money back and tell her that if it happens again you're going to tell them.

I'd be lying if I said I've never taken some money from my parents before without asking when I'm stuck. It's common enough, unless it becomes a regular thing and she's robbing them blind. :pac:

I don't see what the correlation between failing subjects and theft is though?

0mega wrote: »
    I'd just basically make her put the money back and tell her that if it happens again you're going to tell them.

I'd be lying if I said I've never taken some money from my parents before without asking when I'm stuck. It's common enough, unless it becomes a regular thing and she's robbing them blind. :pac:

I don't see what the correlation between failing subjects and theft is though?

Its just since she started secondary school that shes changed so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Its just since she started secondary school that shes changed so much!

Happens to everyone - particularly first year, it's just something that you have to accept and wait for them to go back to how they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

if your worried about her, going down a bad path maybe you should just talk to your mother and tell her you think something's wrong with her. Don't mention the stealing but just put it out there that she's changing a lot and maybe something is up?

Getting ready for a serious cramming session now .. Should be fun :) French tomorrow :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

My mocks don't start until monday, I am feeling seriously grateful :) although I do have a week of them after midterm too, so midterm is ruined :l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

My mocks aren't for ages compared to you guys. I have 2 before the break, and the rest after.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

I have four before midterm, three after, and then music way off in the distant future because i do it as an extra :P Delighted that maths is on after midterm

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

For those of you interested in Part 2 of my maths paper saga, ye'll be glad to know that for the most part Paper 2 was a major success. I'm fairly confident that I've dragged my grade out of the gutter.

Exactly the same for me, so glad maths is out of the way now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I'm in the middle of watching a Facebook fight here unravel, tis quite amusing! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Resisting the temptarion to stay out of the mocks spoilers thread is harder than I thought it'd be.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I actually only have two days of school (four mocks) before my midterm - French, Applied Maths, Physics, Business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I have Monday off and the 1 exam a day for the next 4 days. They're all in the morning aswell so I'll still have to get up at 7.15 :(

In other news, I've just played the piano for the first time in about a month, feels like longer I was so awful.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Thought I was going to be sitting a Maths paper today, turns out it was physics and college accountancy :rolleyes:

Did Maths paper 1 today thought it was graaaannnddd! But then again other people thought it was fairly disastrous so either I was just lucky to get them all out or my confidence is totally misplaced and I in fact failed dismally ;)

One thing I did notice and it was not just in the pres but in some of the sample papers from the SEC is that they tend to use business terms a lot without clarifying their meaning, which is sort of unfair if you don't have a great grasp or interest in business!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Really happy with how my Maths Paper 1 went too, think I got most things right (obviously including a good few blunders and the like as I'm fairly terrible at getting the right answer due to some combination of signs and forgetting numbers exist etc.) and I got English Paper 2 done with a few minutes to spare to my surprise. :) I would've always said Paper 1 was my strongest paper but that didn't go too well and Paper 2 went quite well (I hope) so good day really. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Resisting the temptarion to stay out of the mocks spoilers thread is harder than I thought it'd be.....

One eejit came into my school the other day waving around a slip of paper telling everyone he knew what essays were coming up in English.. Making a massive deal out of it and everything, gathering big huddles of people around him, he felt really popular........

....... he was wrong. :P

I don't care too much for predictions any more. If I hear them I'll make sure I know what I've heard just in case, but I don't put any weight in them because then you end up like that fella I just mentioned.

Chemistry was easier than I expected, our teacher really has done a good job with us since fifth year. I know way more than I thought I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Had my maths paper 1 today as well. It went ok, not as good as I would've hoped! Is it just me or are the questions sometimes HORRIBLY phrased? Certain questions on the paper I couldn't even make out what I was suppose to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

ray2012 wrote: »
    Had my maths paper 1 today as well. It went ok, not as good as I would've hoped! Is it just me or are the questions sometimes HORRIBLY phrased? Certain questions on the paper I couldn't even make out what I was suppose to do!

Looking through sample papers I get the same impression. My maths paper 1 is my last mock and it's this Friday, so it's kind of on the long finger at the moment. You're all scaring me! I need to start practising..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

For those have ye that had a DEB paper for maths paper 1, for the
    simultaneous equations did ye get

10, 10, 0

Spoilers please ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement