Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

Anyone doing Applied Maths? :P
    Just wondering what you all think of it? Personally , I think it's great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

I am doing it as an extra subject but I don't start it until this Saturday in the Institute. My school doesn't teach it. I am really looking forward to starting it! Is it good? Do you do physics with it or just on its own as a matter of interest.

I am doing it as an extra subject but I don't start it until this Saturday in the Institute. My school doesn't teach it. I am really looking forward to starting it! Is it good? Do you do physics with it or just on its own as a matter of interest.

I'm doing all three sciences, Spanish and App. Maths.
    It's so interesting, but it helps that I have an amazing teacher, The concepts are hard to grasp at first but once ya get it it's easy to do problems, I have five classes a week so I'm after making good progress. We did vectors , which are easy enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I'm doing it as an eighth subject outside of school as well. Starting it on the 22nd.
    I'm doing all three sciences, Spanish and App. Maths.
    We are doing identical subjects, just that my App. Maths is outside school. :D

Jackobyte wrote: »
    We are doing identical subjects, just that my App. Maths is outside school. :D

What a coincidence :pac:

What's your favourite outta the three sciences?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Anyone doing HL irish?
    Theres 30 in my year and theres only me and another person doing HL -.-
    And we are starting off exam papers which i find really hard to understand but i can hardly remember anything after TY with most my subjects anyway.

Anyone else like this?
    Thinks i might get rosetta stone xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Gaw_ wrote: »
    45 people? That could not be right, I was under the assumption that the absolute maximum class size was 30?

Non-union teacher. Yes, they actually exist.

What a coincidence :pac:

What's your favourite outta the three sciences?

So far it is Physics but we have done practically no Chem yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

Curse you Boards.ie and your propensity to interrupt my Irish homework. :p

Jackobyte wrote: »
    So far it is Physics but we have done practically no Chem yet.

Ah Chemistry is great :D

The light questions at the back of the chapter on Geometrical Optics make my mind melt. I'm finding them really difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

The light questions at the back of the chapter on Geometrical Optics make my mind melt. I'm finding them really difficult.

Ya, we have started on light aswell, but haven't tackled the questions yet.. Not looking forward to either from the sounds of that!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

DarkDusk wrote: »
    Ya, we have started on light aswell, but haven't tackled the questions yet.. Not looking forward to either from the sounds of that!:p

There not that bad.

decisions wrote: »
    There not that bad.

I actually find the Light chapter so interesting and I have looked at the Physics questions and they seem ok. I assume everybody is using Real World Physics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

TY has deleted all the French in my head (not that there was that much in there to begin with). A year of watching Friends in French hasn't got me anywhere ending in me having to google the answers for my French homework all week. Damn verbs and passe compose. Seriously out of 20 questions on the passe compose where all we had to do was fill in the blanks I couldn't do one of them so Im currently in the process of googling al the answers.

TY has deleted all the French in my head (not that there was that much in there to begin with). A year of watching Friends in French hasn't got me anywhere ending in me having to google the answers for my French homework all week. Damn verbs and passe compose. Seriously out of 20 questions on the passe compose where all we had to do was fill in the blanks I couldn't do one of them so Im currently in the process of googling al the answers.

Oh my God, I am the exact same! I have been googling my french homework all week...thank god somebody else is in the same position as me! I can't remember anything and unlike other subjects, you can't revise an entire language in a short amount of time. And to top it all off, my french teacher asked me to be on the senior french debating team with the first debate at the end of this month. I can hardly answer "ca va?" anymore let alone argue a point across in a debate! Help!

I had to google all my Spanish answers... :o

Started my homework around 7.45 and finished around 10.45 or so. 1 and a half hours on HL Maths :o

I actually find the Light chapter so interesting and I have looked at the Physics questions and they seem ok. I assume everybody is using Real World Physics?

Yep.

I did f all over the weekend and now I have 2 days of homework to do tonight :(:mad::p:pac::(

And I have no clue how to read/translate/form sentences in French :(

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

I assume everybody is using Real World Physics?
    decisions wrote: »
    Yep.

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

6-page English essay to do for homework. Which actually didn't sound too bad to me in the beginning, like on occasion (well, once) I'd end up on a fifth page for JC essays. Then we get given titles that I can barely string two pages out of...I started mine in class and I'm nearly halfway through with my idea and only just finishing the first page...gonna have to create some serious conflict to drag it out. And this is short story form (well, personal essay says the title but I'm doing it like an anecdotal story), I don't know how I could prattle on for six pages about issues and feelings. I mean, I loved some of the titles more than the one I picked but no way could I string any more than a few paragraphs out of it...

This is pointless and overly long but tl;dr, English essays are actually a pain now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Irish is seriously scary this year :eek:

Debating dropping back to pass, i dunno is HL worth the effort tbh :/

Irish is seriously scary this year :eek:

Debating dropping back to pass, i dunno is HL worth the effort tbh :/

Alredy dropped :( and so have 10 others:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

So far, 5th year is actually great, way better than my expectations. I actually think Irish isn't bad at all this year, its slowly turning into one of my favourite subjects. French is grand too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

fjsanchez wrote: »
    So far, 5th year is actually great, way better than my expectations. I actually think Irish isn't bad at all this year, its slowly turning into one of my favourite subjects. French is grand too.

Mental disorders
    >

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

So... Jam making is how many points again? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

Dont mind 5th year so far , hoping to primary teaching but not sure if ill be able to get the points :/

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

We had our first proper physics class today because last week they were trying to sort us out. Covered the whole chapter in 40 mins! Was slightly overwhelmed by it in class but it was grand once i went home and made sense of it in my head :L

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Right I've decided I can't be arsed with HL Maths or Irish, just not worth the trouble :p gonna do everything else higher though...

So much learning to do already :( my brain can't keep it all in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Mental disorders
    >

:pac:

I'll probably start to hate it soon though :pac: only really like it atm cause I have a good teacher as opposed to the one I had last year, God he couldn't teach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

Maths seems managable enough so far. Although we are only doing algebra from an ordinary book right now. Dreading next week when higher level actually begins. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement