Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I'm not a fan of tea either. I only drink it if there's some bikkies to go with it.

And someone doesn't like hot chocolate? ;o I'm gonna have to teach my younger brother that asking girls out for a cup of chocolate doesn't work anymore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

WHOA NOW YOU GUYS ARE NOT TAKING ON THE GLORIOUS REIGN OF BARRY'S TEA IN THIS HERE SUBFORUM
    although coffee is overrated. though I've had some great mochas in my time, I just can't get into normal coffee. I want to try a coldbrew sometime though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Lads, I'm curious. Without tea, what's your excuse for breaks from studying? There's nothin' like making tea to provide a brief 2 minute relief

"BrownBear*, what are you doing downstairs?"
    "Just makin' tea, Mam"
    "Aw grand so, make me a cup!"

*No, my mother does not actually call me BrownBear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Macbeth, I'm assuming? Damn I shouldn't have dropped English, now I'll never get your witty Shakespeare references

Don't worry I do Macbeth and still don't get the majority of the Shakespeare references!

Lads, I'm curious. Without tea, what's your excuse for breaks from studying? There's nothin' like making tea to provide a brief 2 minute relief

"BrownBear*, what are you doing downstairs?"
    "Just makin' tea, Mam"
    "Aw grand so, make me a cup!"

*No, my mother does not actually call me BrownBear

I'm convinced I'd get a lot more work done if I had a kettle and a mini-fridge in my room to make tea!

Unfortunately the old dear doesn't see it that way :( (needless to say she isn't a tea drinker!)

• Advertisement

I'm convinced I'd get a lot more work done if I had a kettle and a mini-fridge in my room to make tea!

Unfortunately the old dear doesn't see it that way :( (needless to say she isn't a tea drinker!)
    See, if i did have a kettle in my room I probably wouldn't even want tea (as much :o). Half of the appeal is the mini break which goes with it.

Having said that, I fully intend to have both a minifridge and a kettle in my room for college

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I do most of my study in the kitchen so really it's like a constant break......the press is always no more than 5 steps away. Usually the radio is on as well and the tv once it hits 6 so obviously I have a perfect study environment :P

I do most of my study in the kitchen so really it's like a constant break......the press is always no more than 5 steps away. Usually the radio is on as well and the tv once it hits 6 so obviously I have a perfect study environment :P

I like it! Might consider that, study wouldn't seem such a chore then

I have two study areas, up in my room and then we have what Dad calls "the office". It's not as fancy as it sounds, it's a table and a chair with a few shelves on the wall. Why he insists on calling it"the office" I'll never know :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I love a cup of Barry's tea with some nice mcvities choc digestives :D

I like it! Might consider that, study wouldn't seem such a chore then

I have two study areas, up in my room and then we have what Dad calls "the office". It's not as fancy as it sounds, it's a table and a chair with a few shelves on the wall. Why he insists on calling it"the office" I'll never know :rolleyes:
    The kitchen is my only option, my room isn't anywhere near big enough to accommodate a desk. The kitchen used to have a breakfast table kinda thing with 2 high stools that I've practically always used for my homework. About 2 years ago it was replaced with a counter-top so I now, for want of a better expression, do my homework at the kitchen counter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I do a lot of my work lying on my floor or bed, I only sit at my desk if I'm doing exam questions or if I'm giving myself a quick test on something. I don't know what it is, but I'm so much more comfortable on the floor or walking around with flash cards than I am in my comfortable office chair at my desk.

The kitchen is my only option, my room isn't anywhere near big enough to accommodate a desk. The kitchen used to have a breakfast table kinda thing with 2 high stools that I've practically always used for my homework. About 2 years ago it was replaced with a counter-top so I now, for want of a better expression, do my homework at the kitchen counter.

No way we have that as well :D It's used for actual eating once a year at Christmas when we have guests over and for the other 364 days it's just a drop spot for the mother's handbag or keys or purse or work stuff or all of the above :p What, are the highstools gone like? Tell me ya don't do your hw standing up? :p

decisions wrote: »
    I do a lot of my work lying on my floor or bed, I only sit at my desk if I'm doing exam questions or if I'm giving myself a quick test on something. I don't know what it is, but I'm so much more comfortable on the floor or walking around with flash cards than I am in my comfortable office chair at my desk.

Dangerous though. I find studying anywhere near my bed is just asking for trouble, in the form of naps mostly

No way we have that as well :D It's used for actual eating once a year at Christmas when we have guests over and for the other 364 days it's just a drop spot for the mother's handbag or keys or purse or work stuff or all of the above :p What, are the highstools gone like? Tell me ya don't do your hw standing up? :p
    Nope the stools are still there, it's only the table that's gone. The table had it's legs broken off when it was replaced and I wouldn't mind but I was kind of attached to that table :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AwesomeSauce

Does anyone else feel like if they study for 4 hours they still feel like they're getting nowhere? I'm loosing it a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Does anyone else feel like if they study for 4 hours they still feel like they're getting nowhere? I'm loosing it a bit.
    I feel your pain I forget almost everything. I study in the exam and remember it when I cone out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Anyone going to the match tonight? I'm leaving in an hour.

BIAŁO-CZERWONE, TO BARWY NIEZWYCIĘŻONE!

Chemistry and English Paper 2 tomorrow D: I should be studying but clearly taking a nap was the best course of action instead!

Literally English 2 is liable to be a total disaster, I will be delighted if I know the names of the poems of the poet who comes up tomorrow, after that I haven't much hope!

LADS I'M ON MIDTERM NOW, DAFUQ DO I DO?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Colm! wrote: »

I WANT TO BE YOU SO BAD OMFGZZZZZZZ
    /cries

• Advertisement

I just failed maths paper 1 :( the most horrible paper EVER :(

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Colm! wrote: »

ME TOO!
    I'm at a total loss as to what to do with myself...

ME TOO!
    I'm at a total loss as to what to do with myself...
    How are ye on midterm? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I just have one left on Friday. Feels like I'm off already!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Had my accountancy mock today. Horrible isn't even the right word to describe it...

Chemistry and English Paper 2 tomorrow D: I should be studying but clearly taking a nap was the best course of action instead!

Literally English 2 is liable to be a total disaster, I will be delighted if I know the names of the poems of the poet who comes up tomorrow, after that I haven't much hope!

I have chemistry tomorrow too, not looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

How are ye on midterm? :(

Had my last mock exam this morning, I know people who've been off since Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Chemistry people need to experiment with anal ;)

Chemistry people need to beware of suckback. ;)

(please don't tell me this is starting a trend of awkward chemistry innuendos)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Mine was a genuine tip ... But on the subject.

Yo bluejaymraz

Do you happen to have eleven electrons?
    Cos you're sodium fine ;)

• Advertisement

I've got my ion ye.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement