Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Maths is just f***. I spend ages doing it today and still didn't get it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Homework finally finished, remind me never to take the weekend off again!!!

I'm loving maths so far :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

I have to say, I'm finding HL maths refreshingly easy :D
    I was expecting the hardest thing ever :P but it's actually graaaand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

decisions wrote: »
    I'm loving maths so far :D

Seriously envious of ye. :P

Vectors are starting to do my head in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Vectors are starting to do my head in.

because they're really difficult or because there are so many of them? I dont start App Maths until Saturday :)

because they're really difficult or because there are so many of them? I dont start App Maths until Saturday :)

So many of them, but we are almost finished the chapter :D. The end is in sight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

After the first day, I was terrified of Maths but it is fine now. Long, but not overly hard. An hour work each night, but generally pretty manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Jackobyte wrote: »

After the first day, I was terrified of Maths but it is fine now. Long, but not overly hard. An hour work each night, but generally pretty manageable.[/]
    we get like 20 mins max for me :P love maths (H) and love accounting :D 5th year isn't too bad so far! Feels like we've been back ages though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Maths class, every morning at 8 o'clock.
    For two whole years.
    71176_193726421090_8349741_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

Colm! wrote: »
    For two whole years.

8 O'Clock?! My first class isn't until 9:10am!

we get like 20 mins max for me :P love maths (H) and love accounting :D 5th year isn't too bad so far! Feels like we've been back ages though.
    We get at least an hour of work, without looking at the solutions from the previous night or reviewing inclass work. Still probably my favorite subject, and then Chemistry. We did the Lithium/Sodium/Potassium with Water demonstration today. We then watched videos of Rubidium, Caesium, Francium reacting with water. It was very cool. Alkali Metals are pretty damn awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

For the first day in about the past week I've actually been able to do my maths homework successfully and maths used to be my thing. It makes slightly more sense but still damn you co-ordinate geometry and it's line!

Colm! wrote: »
    For two whole years.

Woah!!! what is your school doing starting at 8 o clock! Thats ridiculous... I don't start classes until 9. For your sake, I hope you live near your school or else you'd have to leave really, really early to be there for 8!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I do live near my school, but no. My school doesn't start at 8... my maths teacher does. That's completely brilliant in one way, but I'd prefer if he did it after school.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Maths hasn't been horrible, some stuff we've been doing this week has been wrecking my head a bit though, but in the end I'm able to do everything. Granted I haven't been getting a lot of homework thus far, so most of the things I struggle with are explained fairly quickly to me. Anyone else doing cubic equations/factors/I don't even know the name for what they are but we're doing them.

Other subjects are grand out, finding Chemistry to be a bit more intense on the whole listening-attentively-in-class thing. Thankfully I understand everything thus far but it's probably up there with maths as my more difficult subjects.

Slow Show wrote: »
    Maths hasn't been horrible, some stuff we've been doing this week has been wrecking my head a bit though, but in the end I'm able to do everything. Granted I haven't been getting a lot of homework thus far, so most of the things I struggle with are explained fairly quickly to me. Anyone else doing cubic equations/factors/I don't even know the name for what they are but we're doing them.

We did them in Accelerated Maths in TY they are quite easy :D

Other subjects are grand out, finding Chemistry to be a bit more intense on the whole listening-attentively-in-class thing. Thankfully I understand everything thus far but it's probably up there with maths as my more difficult subjects.

We're doing those cubic factors things as well. I like them. They aren't that bad, if I must say so myself. We've already managed to answer an exam question (only a part (a) but still!) on factors...my class and I felt quite chuffed with ourselves when we got it right :)

What is everybody doing for their English studied texts? I am doing Macbeth but we haven't chosen the novel yet. I have to say, atm I am really loving Macbeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Yeah the cubic factors are alright, like they're grand out, slightly above the level of a JC C part but I thought I was great being fairly well able to do something on the honours paper. If it gets a lot harder...oh. Oh. :pac:

Ya, we finished that section on Tuesday. We are now doing surds, though the lower honours class are still only on very basic square/cubic equations.

• Advertisement

Anyone else doing the 5th year french classes in IoE on Sat..?

Anyone else doing the 5th year french classes in IoE on Sat..?

Not me but I am doing the Applied Maths classes in there Saturday. :)

What time..?

What time..?

9am until 10.30. What time for you? :)

10:45 - 12:30 I think

10:45 - 12:30 I think

I wish I had that time...I'll have to be leaving at 8am on a Saturday morning. The horror!! :eek:

I wish I had that time...I'll have to be leaving at 8am on a Saturday morning. The horror!! :eek:

Ouch!

Applied maths is good overall so far and if you like physics you should enjoy it :)

Ouch!

Applied maths is good overall so far and if you like physics you should enjoy it :)

That's good to know. I am actually really looking forward to it because I love physics and maths so I really want to start Applied Maths. I wish my school could teach it then I wouldn't have to have the hassle of doing it outside school!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

I'm finding HL Maths alright, It certainly aint easy but im getting by

• Advertisement

That's good to know. I am actually really looking forward to it because I love physics and maths so I really want to start Applied Maths. I wish my school could teach it then I wouldn't have to have the hassle of doing it outside school!

Sounds like we would get on quite well, us nerds should stick together :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement