Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Grays is the only series I make any kind of effort to follow, and I'm watching it at us pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

yournerd wrote: »
    REVENGE guys REVENGE is the bomb

Agreed, revenge is brilliant! But you know what's better? The Walking Dead, yeah its just amazing!

I've heard good things about both but I haven't sat down and watched either yet. Maybe after the mocks I might stream a few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

can ANYONE help with comparative? my mocks are on tuesday and i havent got any sample answer prepared :(

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

I don't suppose anyone here watches Grey's Anatomy no? :P

Absolutely in love with this show <3 I'm still not fully over last years finale yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Do people still watch Big Bang Theory or are most people over it at this stage?

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I'm over it, it was genius but then it got a bit meh.

You'd know I had mocks tomorrow wouldn't you :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

What texts are you doing for the comparative?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

I'm not over it, i still love it,but it's not my favourtie show anymore either

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

decisions wrote: »
    Grays is the only series I make any kind of effort to follow, and I'm watching it at us pace.

Me too, it's totally addictive.

@Glee, I think I have PTSD from it or something, it was so crazily dramatic, part of me hopes they do some flash backs to it at some stage. I'm kinda worried about how they'll try top it this year!

• Advertisement

Going to the cinema later .... with a girl :D

Me too, it's totally addictive.

@Glee, I think I have PTSD from it or something, it was so crazily dramatic, part of me hopes they do some flash backs to it at some stage. I'm kinda worried about how they'll try top it this year!
    We have have had a plane crash, a mass shooting and a bus accident. I hope it's not another load of deaths tbh. Something semi happy would be nice.

What do you think of the new interns?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I never got into it really. Some of it was funny but then there were other parts that it felt like it was trying too hard to be funny.

We're getting very lovey-dovey in here lately :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I must be on a completely different wavelength to you guys but I used to love GA before they decided they needed to fulfil a quota of one massive disaster every few episodes. And constantly, blatantly (and generally successfully) tugging on heartstrings. I haven't watched it for a while now so this may not even be the case but yeah, that irritated me a lot, totally unrealistic and I thought it was kind of a cheap way of grabbing attention. I mean I think those crazy things are good in small doses (I remember the bomb episode in S2 being rather incredible, and the mass shooting one was such a surprise at the end of whatever season that was) but it's kinda like they realised it was getting viewers, latched onto it, and lathered, rinsed and repeated indefinitely. :p

That's just my opinion though, I totally get why people would love it but it's definitely not for me anymore. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

For the comparative lads, if I do cultural context and theme and issue am I guaranteed one of them? And how many comparisons should an A1 essay have?

We have have had a plane crash, a mass shooting and a bus accident. I hope it's not another load of deaths tbh. Something semi happy would be nice.

What do you think of the new interns?

Yeah all the death and doom and gloom is getting faintly ridiculous, even Cristina said it early this season! :P

The interns are growing on me, I like Jo the most and Ross and his kind of creepy man crush on Derek.

What do you make of Arizona's injury(no idea how to spoiler on my phone) in still trying to figure out how they do it!

For the comparative lads, if I do cultural context and theme and issue am I guaranteed one of them? And how many comparisons should an A1 essay have?

Yes. It's not about the number of comparisons. I'll post a guide in the leaving cert forum later today.

Yeah all the death and doom and gloom is getting faintly ridiculous, even Cristina said it early this season! :P

The interns are growing on me, I like Jo the most and Ross and his kind of creepy man crush on Derek.

What do you make of Arizona's injury(no idea how to spoiler on my phone) in still trying to figure out how they do it!
    I really like Jo and Ross the rest of 'em not so much.

Arizonas injury, I don't know it's like they ran out if ideas on how to fúck up the relatinship. It makes it intresting anyway but PTSD would have done the same thing. (Well other than the whole you cut off my leg thing, which didnt last long anyway)You don't see her leg and her head in the same shot much but I don't have a clue how they do it either.

Lexi was my favourite character and I loved Mark. :(

It the old cliche quality not quantity but I aim for one every 8-10 lines. Otherwise it just turns into a mini essay on each point.

I really like Jo and Ross the rest of 'em not so much.

Arizonas injury, I don't know it's like they ran out if ideas on how to fúck up the relatinship. It makes it intresting anyway but PTSD would have done the same thing. (Well other than the whole you cut off my leg thing, which didnt last long anyway)You don't see her leg and her head in the same shot much but I don't have a clue how they do it either.

Lexi was my favourite character and I loved Mark. :(

On the interns, there's one that kind of reminds me of Erica Hahn, REALLY don't like her :P

Yeah I do not like them messing with Callie and Arizona. Callie is my favourite character by far, with Bailey a close second. Yeah the episode where you see her standing looking at the mirror freaked me out totally!

I adored Mark Sloan and Lexipedia was great too. Also Teddy, I really miss Teddy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I haven't watched the latest season of Grey's yet (no Saorview in my bedroom, TV in sitting room is consistently hogged :P) but you've all compelled me to go and catch up now, so I will! The last season finale was tragic, and I've always wondered how it played out..

Shows I've recently watched are Breaking Bad (all 4 and half series of it over Christmas!), The Walking Dead (been following for a while), and Sherlock (watching both series over midterm, loved it!) which are all immensely popular and deservedly so I think. Any more suggestions for me, based on those? Though I guess I won't have much time to get into a new show now, not until Summer. :(

On the interns, there's one that kind of reminds me of Erica Hahn, REALLY don't like her :P
    She annoys the hell out of me, and I'm not sure what I think of Edwards (Avery really?).

Out of the characters left Alex, Callie and Christina are probably my favorites.

Anyway this has nothing to do with "Madra at Strae" I need to go back to work.

I haven't watched the latest season of Grey's yet (no Saorview in my bedroom, TV in sitting room is consistently hogged :P) but you've all compelled me to go and catch up now, so I will! The last season finale was tragic, and I've always wondered how it played out..

Shows I've recently watched are Breaking Bad (all 4 and half series of it over Christmas!), The Walking Dead (been following for a while), and Sherlock (watching both series over midterm, loved it!) which are all immensely popular and deservedly so I think. Any more suggestions for me, based on those? Though I guess I won't have much time to get into a new show now, not until Summer. :(
    There is a website that colm(I think) posted up here a while ago that suggests music, games, movies, books and TV shows based on your likes. Can't remember what it was called but I was brilliant.

There is a website that colm(I think) posted up here a while ago that suggests music, games, movies, books and TV shows based on your likes. Can't remember what it was called but I was brilliant.

Aannnd you're back :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

That sounds cool! I'll try to find it! :)

Another fecking bird hit my window!

Shenanigans!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Another fecking bird hit my window!
    It's a sign.

I have such a list of tv shows to watch sometime. Looks like it'll be summer before I get around to any of them though at this rate. I also have to find somewhere to watch them as well, I used to have a couple of sites but it's been so long I can barely remember them now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I keep falling behind on my shows recently! It doesn't help that the two I follow are uploaded on a Wednesday

I have so much plans for watching shows though after June lets see how that goes :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

Anyone watch House? I can't get enough of it. His cynicism is just so good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement