Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Anyone in twitter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Got just two hours sleep last night, exams went okay but were very tiring. Wrote between twenty and twenty four A4 pages in business. D: Tomorrow I have Maths Paper 1, it's going to be carnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I'm in a bit of a state of shock, for the first time ever I got an A in English, I've never in all my Secondary School years gotten an A in English! Having said that though, the teacher who corrected it wasn't our own teacher and I think she might've been a bit too generous! Still and all I should savour the moment ;) it's fairly miraculous considering I went into paper two saying I'd be happy of I knew the names of the poems of the poets who came up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I'm in a bit of a state of shock, for the first time ever I got an A in English, I've never in all my Secondary School years gotten an A in English! Having said that though, the teacher who corrected it wasn't our own teacher and I think she might've been a bit too generous! Still and all I should savour the moment ;) it's fairly miraculous considering I went into paper two saying I'd be happy of I knew the names of the poems of the poets who came up!
    Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Happy with English Paper 1 and Home Ec today! :D

Now it all goes downhill tomorrow with English paper 2 and Maths Paper 1 :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Methememb wrote: »
    Right lads. This is it. No more fcuking about. 110 days. Literally. No more bullsh1t about being tired or having parties to go to. Get your head straight. Priorities. 110 days and we're there. The key to out future. Enough tv, enough gay's anatomy. Focus on what you want, and obtain it. By any means necessary. Cut out the timewasters in your life: tv, Facebook, pronhub. Even friends that are holding you back. Be selfish. This is about you. This is about achieving your potential. Carpe diem. Seize the day.
    ...few naggins, be grand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Colm! wrote: »
    ...few naggins, be grand?

Be grand no longer, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Got my first mock result back today ... It was English ... and I got an A2 :D I was beyond shocked, as I was expecting to get a B3 if I was lucky. My first A EVER in English. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

Maths Paper 1 today, ah, it was a massacre :O like, the words made sense on their own, but when put together in those orders? not a chance =P

Just read over last years Irish oral thread ... Really not looking forward to our orals (especially Irish). I'm usually grand with talking in Irish it's just I blank out and don't know what to say even in English! I'm just dreading that moment when I'm waiting outside the door where the orals are being held and the examiner tells me to go in. :O

Have ye done much preparation so far for the orals? French will be grand I'd say, as it's my favourite subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

ray2012 wrote: »
    Just read over last years Irish oral thread ... Really not looking forward to our orals (especially Irish). I'm usually grand with talking in Irish it's just I blank out and don't know what to say even in English! I'm just dreading that moment when I'm waiting outside the door where the orals are being held and the examiner tells me to go in. :O

Have ye done much preparation so far for the orals? French will be grand I'd say, as it's my favourite subject.

A fair bit, we had mock orals in Irish before the pre's (they weren't graded though) and graded ones in Spanish that went towards our pre's (93/100 :D). We still haven't our sraith pictiuirs done though, 3 more to go. Dreading the Irish one too!

Out of curiosity, did you send away your English mock? If you did, how long did it take to come back? :)

kevin12345 wrote: »
    A fair bit, we had mock orals in Irish before the pre's (they weren't graded though) and graded ones in Spanish that went towards our pre's (93/100 :D). We still haven't our sraith pictiuirs done though, 3 more to go. Dreading the Irish one too!

Out of curiosity, did you send away your English mock? If you did, how long did it take to come back? :)

We didn't have any mock orals, sadly! But we're getting some for Easter I think. Well done! :D Same, I've 1 or 2 more to do. I just have that feeling that I'll be sitting in the room on front of the examiner and I'll forget all my Irish I've ever learned, and that I'll fail miserably. I get awful nervous before any oral exams so that doesn't help :confused:

Yep, we did. Well English is the only exam I have back (so early), the other exams aren't back until like next week at the earliest. I think we got English back cause it was the first exams we did and my teacher may have sent them away to get corrected that very day we finished it. We did it just two weeks ago.

We were told we are getting all our mocks returned at the same time, thursday or friday this week. We did them for the two weeks before midterm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I see an English trend starting here now. :) It'll still probably be aaaages before we get ours back but I really can't wait. It's kind of exciting for some reason. Yes, I am a slight weirdo at times.....

Domino's pizza for dinner tonight. I could quite happily die now I think. Going out for dinner with the parents, brother and his girlfriend on Wednesday evening too. Sooooo much food.

Has anyone else got anything in the post from any colleges they applied to? I got a yoke from Griffith College earlier and I can't even remember what I applied for. All I remember is that it was something in my Level 6/7.....I couldn't be bothered checking right now. I didn't even bother looking at it really, I never really intend on going there, just filled it in for the sake of it really.

We do proper Irish orals all the time for exams like the real thing! My teacher blocks off two days and does them in the oral room and you go by order like the way you do on the day! She records us in all like the real thing she gets very into it because she does the orals herself! :P

Jade. wrote: »
    We do proper Irish orals all the time for exams like the real thing! My teacher blocks off two days and does them in the oral room and you go by order like the way you do on the day! She records us in all like the real thing she gets very into it because she does the orals herself! :P

That sounds really handy! Would love if we did more practice orals, but I suppose my teacher doesn't have the time :rolleyes:

The next 5 weeks (until Easter holidays) we are spending on oral work though so we should be well prepared, or I hope! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

How did you manage that???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Has anyone else got anything in the post from any colleges they applied to? I got a yoke from Griffith College earlier and I can't even remember what I applied for. All I remember is that it was something in my Level 6/7.....I couldn't be bothered checking right now. I didn't even bother looking at it really, I never really intend on going there, just filled it in for the sake of it really.

They don't hang around do they?! The late application deadline was only 2 weeks ago!

That sounds really handy! Would love if we did more practice orals, but I suppose my teacher doesn't have the time :rolleyes:

The next 5 weeks (until Easter holidays) we are spending on oral work though so we should be well prepared, or I hope! :D
    Ya I hope the real oral will just seem natural from all the experience.

We're doing the same and she's also coming in for the two weeks of Easter to do orals with anyone who wants to do them so hopefully the Irish oral will go well! :D

Jade. wrote: »
    Ya I hope the real oral will just seem natural from all the experience.

We're doing the same and she's also coming in for the two weeks of Easter to do orals with anyone who wants to do them so hopefully the Irish oral will go well! :D

She sounds like a dedicated teacher!

• Advertisement

Anyone in the market for an iPhone 5? /shameless advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DonallFitz

So we're advertising here...I got a standing ticket for Biffy Clyro in the O2 on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 18:30 Any takers?

I can't go since I'm signed up for a study course :(

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone in the market for an iPhone 5? /shameless advertising.
    Is it in good condition and how much?? :) I've been dying for an iPhone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

How's people results going? Or have ye gotten any? I've gotten 5 back so far and I'm happy out, all of them have been around what I'm aiming for, a little more work and they'll be great :)

Is it in good condition and how much?? :) I've been dying for an iPhone :)

http://www.adverts.ie/mobile-phones/iphone-5-brand-new-vodafone/2679814

Surprised at how well English p2 and Maths p1 went! Pres aren't going too bad! :P

It's how I'm making money for the time being. Buying and selling phones. My phone I have does the job so I have no use for them.

It's how I'm making money for the time being. Buying and selling phones. My phone I have does the job so I have no use for them.

If I ever bought an iPhone 5 and intended on selling it, there would be no way I'd stick to that! My love for Apple products would takeover :cool:

• Advertisement

*puke*

I'm a slight hypocrite, as I type this on my Macbook. :P I can understand to a degree the love of Apple, but when it comes to phones the Samsung Galaxy S3 is just far superior.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement