Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Methememb wrote: »
    *puke*

I'm a slight hypocrite, as I type this on my Macbook. :P I can understand to a degree the love of Apple, but when it comes to phones the Samsung Galaxy S3 is just far superior.

I just love iPhones, I don't know why. I wish I had one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

You know who to call if you're delighted with your mocks results :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

What ye get in pres? I got 485 happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

What ye get in pres? I got 485 happy enough

I can't believe you have your results already, i've only had one exam so far! I just wish they were over:(

Hopefully I'm getting the results by the end of the week. Apparently they came in the post to the school today :D

• Advertisement

In other news my dinner smells unbelievable.

Yeah swift enough... still waiting on DCG result so hopefully bump me up past 500

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

Yeah swift enough... still waiting on DCG result so hopefully bump me up past 500

How did you get that name..

How did you get that name..
    Haha no idea how it wasn't taken, only set account up couple of months ago too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

DonallFitz wrote: »
    So we're advertising here...I got a standing ticket for Biffy Clyro in the O2 on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 18:30 Any takers?

I can't go since I'm signed up for a study course :(

How much would you want for that? Not sure if I'd be able to go, it's a school night as far as I can remember.. (edit: or not, that's Easter isn't it?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

New study method number 6. In the foetal position under my desk trying to learn a sraith pictiur :P

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Just found out today I have an Irish oral Friday :( 20 sraith pictiurs in three nights?? :(

My teacher pads our sraith pictúir's with such much filler. She starts every single one with "Lá brea samraidh a bhí ann. Bhí an ghrian at taitneamh go h-ard sa speire agus ní raibh puth gaoithe ag seideadh" despite the fact that most clearly are not happening during the summer. :P

She always makes seemingly ordinary sentences into big deals with more filler phrases "Bhí siad ag leamh alt sa nuachtán, creid no ná creid!!!"

She's great though! I'm learning more from her in pass than I ever did back in honours!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I love teachers that are genuinely interested in teaching their subject and make it enjoyable. Some of the teachers I have seem like they absolutely detest the subject they teach, which makes it extremely boring for the students. Whether you like/dislike a subject really depends on the teacher you have in many cases!

ray2012 wrote: »
    I love teachers that are genuinely interested in teaching their subject and make it enjoyable. Some of the teachers I have seem like they absolutely detest the subject they teach, which makes it extremely boring for the students. Whether you like/dislike a subject really depends on the teacher you have in many cases!

I agree. When a teacher is passionate about their subject then nine times out of ten it will make them a much better teacher! Though to be fair that's not always the case; my physics teacher appears genuinely fascinated and enthusiastic and all with physics, but he's woefully bad at teaching it to us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I always complain with my friends about the bad teachers who just do the bare minimum, but if I'm completely honest I'd be the exact same. If I was ever to become a teacher (not planning to) all I would do is sit at the top of the class and play Football Manager on my laptop while the students take down notes.

I reckon if I became a teacher I'd be super enthusiastic for the first while, planning out my classes and trying to engage the students and being the strict but somehow likeable teacher that all the other teachers strive to be...

... but then years of uninterested and sulky students would wear me down to the point where I became one of the teachers I currently dislike and just be a grumpy eejit that reads from the book and hands out homework..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Just to warn everyone there's an exam brief supplement on Maths in tomorrow (Wednesday's) Irish independent , I dunno how good it will be but the last time when there was one in the Irish Times it was fairly good and a load of people missed out on it so just giving ye a heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

cried for the first time today. omg

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kenbob

yournerd wrote: »
    cried for the first time today. omg
    Really?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Pres started yesterday, not going too badly, English paper 1 and German went well :)

However, we have English paper 2 today, and the school feels so confident in our abilities that they forgot about the extra 20 minutes and only put down 3 hours on the timetable :P Thankfully its getting sorted, paper 2 is hard enough without a mere 25 minutes left for seen poetry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Surprised at how well the pres are going would love if these were the real papers

Got 74% in English :/

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

My hand is killing me after english paper 2 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Mocks finished! Maths Paper 2 went much better than paper 1 and hopefully I may have salvaged a pass.

Gonna spend the night relaxing and watching the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

5 down. 5 to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Had DCG and Maths P2. It was absolute piss easy compared to Maths P1. Hopefully that'll help me to scrape an easy C or maybe low B. French and English P2 tomorrow...

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Had DCG and Maths P2. It was absolute piss easy compared to Maths P1. Hopefully that'll help me to scrape an easy C or maybe low B. French and English P2 tomorrow...
    How did DCG go for ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

How did DCG go for ya?

It went well I thought. Couldn't figure out the section a questions. Got perspective and planes and lamina. Nothing too difficult. In section c, did road geometry and structural forms. Simple stuff but I reckon I'll get at least an B2 due to incomplete section a questions. Only managed 1 and half of question.

• Advertisement

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    It went well I thought. Couldn't figure out the section a questions. Got perspective and planes and lamina. Nothing too difficult. In section c, did road geometry and structural forms. Simple stuff but I reckon I'll get at least an B2 due to incomplete section a questions. Only managed 1 and half of question.
    I hate structural forms and any focal spheres stuff... section I thought was alright but section c not so much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement