Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I seem to find structural forms very easy and same with perspective. I hate inter penetration as they make no sense! Road geometry isn't too bad I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I hate structural forms and any focal spheres stuff... section I thought was alright but section c not so much.
    Does anyone do dynamic mechanisms in section C or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Done them before but certainly not my forté

I wanted to try it but my teacher hasn't taught me how to do it. Probably won't seeing that we've two topics covered for section c. What's it like?

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I wanted to try it but my teacher hasn't taught me how to do it. Probably won't seeing that we've two topics covered for section c. What's it like?

They're not bad, quite easy to visualise!

• Advertisement

They're not bad, quite easy to visualise!

Could you teach it yourself? If my teacher doesn't show us how it's done, I'll teach it myself. Wouldn't hurt to have a backup if it doesn't turn out to my liking on the day.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Could you teach it yourself? If my teacher doesn't show us how it's done, I'll teach it myself. Wouldn't hurt to have a backup if it doesn't turn out to my liking on the day.

I suppose if you have a textbook showing you you definitely could (god knows I've teached myself better methods for other questions!) We've done the cams and linkages and that seems to be it for dynamic mechanisms, they're not bad at all!

I suppose if you have a textbook showing you you definitely could (god knows I've teached myself better methods for other questions!) We've done the cams and linkages and that seems to be it for dynamic mechanisms, they're not bad at all!

Well I'll try it myself sometime next week. Have three more papers to finish this week and relax for the weekend.

I'll report back to you next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Anyone have any ideas on how to learn economy markets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I have returned from dinner with the family. I have to say it was THE nicest dinner I've had in months.

Warm chocolate brownie with ice cream and cream......*drools*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

yournerd wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas on how to learn economy markets?

Just study the diagram and the notes. Then attempt to draw out the diagram, and don't stop until you get it right. There's no other way really. Make sure you know how to explain it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Tomorrow is gonna be awful had no motivation to study

I it just me or can anyone else just not do geometry. Trig never goes great either......

I it just me or can anyone else just not do geometry. Trig never goes great either......
    Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you just decide not to do Geometry in Question 6B and do the theorem in 6A instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

THEOREMS? Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Nothing worse than statistics.. Ew :/

I don't suppose anyone has a link to all the chemistry experiments?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Nothing worse than statistics.. Ew :/

Really? That the only topic Im halfway decent at!

I just all round hate trig, ewwwwwwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Methememb wrote: »
    I don't suppose anyone has a link to all the chemistry experiments?

I use this link the files are good, some unnecessary stuff so i usually edit them myself but still not too bad http://chemistry.slss.ie/ch_mandatoryexperiments.html

I use this link the files are good, some unnecessary stuff so i usually edit them myself but still not too bad http://chemistry.slss.ie/ch_mandatoryexperiments.html

Some job, thanks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'm here recording myself speaking French, trying to perfect my accent. I can always do the French accent (gutteral 'R' and all the rest) when I'm just messing around with friends, talking around the house or talking to myself in French. But then in class, I can never get it. I think I just freeze completely and get a little embarrassed of the accent. I don't know why. I know it sounds weird but it really happens, I just can't do it when the teacher asks me something. :/ I need a little more confidence talking in French I think!

ray2012 wrote: »
    I'm here recording myself speaking French, trying to perfect my accent. I can always do the French accent (gutteral 'R' and all the rest) when I'm just messing around with friends, talking around the house or talking to myself in French. But then in class, I can never get it. I think I just freeze completely and get a little embarrassed of the accent. I don't know why. I know it sounds weird but it really happens, I just can't do it when the teacher asks me something. :/ I need a little more confidence talking in French I think!

At least in the actual oral there won't be a room full of your mates to listen in, you'll be more calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

At least in the actual oral there won't be a room full of your mates to listen in, you'll be more calm.

That's what I'm hoping. :p

ray2012 wrote: »
    That's what I'm hoping. :p

Talking in a ridiculous French accent as stupid as you sound is most likely worth it, like if you throw in a word or two of English in a real French accent the examiner would most likely give you the benefit of the doubt!

On a different note, I've an Irish oral tomorrow, I have so much work to do right now that I just sort of gave up and went on my laptop! Does anyone else have that problem that when they've so much work they just sort of give and go for a nap or something?

Talking in a ridiculous French accent as stupid as you sound is most likely worth it, like if you throw in a word or two of English in a real French accent the examiner would most likely give you the benefit of the doubt!

On a different note, I've an Irish oral tomorrow, I have so much work to do right now that I just sort of gave up and went on my laptop! Does anyone else have that problem that when they've so much work they just sort of give and go for a nap or something?

I reckon if you get an authentic Irish accent prepared you've a good chance of winging it. :rolleyes:

I reckon if you get an authentic Irish accent prepared you've a good chance of winging it. :rolleyes:

Hehehe I always go mad with my 'h's ;) but I always get a bit nervous and royally mess up my grammer and in turn ruining my cruinnis marks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Maths was horrible, I hate everything, biology can **** off, kthanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you just decide not to do Geometry in Question 6B and do the theorem in 6A instead?
    That's what I was thinking. Just didn't have exam papers handy to check it out.

Deise, I agree with you completely. Give me stats and probability any day over geometry and trig. I thought I was complete weirdo because nobody else seem to like stats and probability, I'm not alone now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

That's what I was thinking. Just didn't have exam papers handy to check it out.

Deise, I agree with you completely. Give me stats and probability any day over geometry and trig. I thought I was complete weirdo because nobody else seem to like stats and probability, I'm not alone now :)

You are a complete weirdo trig is beautiful! So clear cut and straightforward once you get it!

(having an engineer for a dad probably helps! :P )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

I love Irish oral :') Seriously, I'd talk Irish all day if there was someone to listen to me :rolleyes: It's how the language is meant to be used; for actual speaking, rather than all the crap we have to do for the LC course (filíocht and prós namely). I think it's my (amazing!) teacher who I've had since first year who instilled this love of Irish in me but either way, actually speaking the language is just brilliant I think <3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement