Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Anyone have the edco maths higher level papers handy? sample paper 1 paper D q2 (c) I keep getting an answer for P but it isn't correct. It seems there are a few answers I don't get t?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Anyone signed up to onlinegrinds.ie?

I registered an account but never paid for any grinds. I'm guessing not many people are considering the dreadful publicity stunt they pulled earlier.

I got sent out this email by them:

Grind rudely interrupted

Our apologies

OnlineGrinds.ie would like to apologise most sincerely to any viewers who took offence at the man who barged his way into one of our grinds on 20/3/13.

Click here to see the video of the man barging his way into the grind.

Here is the video... might have been funny about a month ago:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2nIeqfOtI8

(I realise that I'm giving them publicity by posting this, but god this was cringe.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Suppose they're just trying to run a business...
    I'm considering paying for one month and getting as much as possible out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

0mega wrote: »
    Anyone signed up to onlinegrinds.ie?
    .)

Yeah I am. Use it for OL maths and hl English. It's decent. The English teacher is very good IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I signed up for a month and I think they are quite. I find them helpful especially maths and Irish :) I'm gonna try watch most of the archived grinds over the Easter :) but ya I will probably pay for another month again :) I have to say the maths and Irish is good cause we haven't done many essays in school and they do them :)

But ya I sign up to everything so I tell my mom it'll be good and she gives the credit card ;) I signed up to clever notes for 25 euro as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

Jade. wrote: »
    For the susi grant, the income limits and stuff on the site is that before or after tax? I'm a bit slow when it comes to understanding this whole grant system :P

Hi there,

The income thresholds stated on the income thresholds table is indeed the total gross income before tax is deducted.

These can be found on page 36 in the following link:

http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1339418623/Student_Grant_Scheme_2012.pdf

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

I signed up for onlinegrinds. I'd highly recommend it. I paid €150 for 90 days unlimited access. I never watch any of them live though, especially maths cos I like to pause it and complete the sum ahead of the tutor just to see if i know what i'm doing.
    Their English tutor is brilliant, great notes. I'm actually hoping for a high B (and i'm a C student). It's a pity there's so few subjects, would have liked if they did grinds in chemistry and OL Irish.
    Before xmas i was paying €40 a week for one maths grinds, and these grinds are far better. I forgot to mention I'm an external student so need tutorials to help me along!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone want to give me ideas for a two page essay on things that fill you with wonder? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Anyone want to give me ideas for a two page essay on things that fill you with wonder? :)
    The strange back of the couch from which the SEC pull out such nonsense questions? :pac:

I'm always really tempted to write a satirical essay for English, but I bet it would just go *whoosh* over the examiner's head if I did.

Something like Jonathan Swift's book where he recommends the people of Ireland should eat their own children to solve the economic problem, being deadly serious throughout. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Quick question for my fellow German speakers;
    I'm doing my oral project on a German band called Cinema Bizarre and I'm just finishing up my scrapbook. One of my points is their best selling single is ...etc etc,
    They sing in English, and as you can't put your presentation sentences into the scrapbook would it be alright if I put their lyrics on one of the pages? Even though they're in english? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Does anyone have a maths mock scanned up on their computer to post here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I have a massive craving for a kinderbueno milkshake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

decisions wrote: »
    I have a massive craving for a kinderbueno milkshake.

Wow. That sounds amazing! Is there such a thing? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I may well have had dinner already today but hey that's not going to stop me having a Chinese take-away given the chance!

You my friend have been missing out big time!
    http://www.shakeaway.com/MilkshakeMenu/

Can also be done with a smoothie maker/food processer, vanilla icecream, a little bit of milk and bueno or 2.

I've a bunch of unneeded Chemistry Notes from Leeson street if anyone wants them. First to PM gets them

*David1994 is currently first in line.

You my friend have been missing out big time!
    http://www.shakeaway.com/MilkshakeMenu/

Can also be done with a smoothie maker/food processer, vanilla icecream, a little bit of milk and bueno or 2.

My God...I'd say that is fecking lovely :D Wouldn't mind one now... :P

David 1994 was first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Anyone have any leeson Notes? Ill give them back just to photocopy??

Also Marking Schemes from Mocks? #lost

• Advertisement

This time last year I was delighted for Easter break.

This year on the other hand it is daunting as hell. 3 weeks to the orals!

This time last year I was delighted for Easter break.

This year on the other hand it is daunting as hell. 3 weeks to the orals!

There you have said it. I left school happy as larry that we had holidays...Then I realised that they won't be that fun after all. :P

Kinda knew it had to be done so wasn't really let down when I got home and had to study :P
    70 something days left, no time for mucking about.

That said, my motto for Easter is Work hard, play hard. Definitely going out a few nights.

So I finished my German project last night ahead of my oral next Monday.

Someone mucked around with my bag at lunch and put an opened Capri sun into it, messed up my books and my project is in s**t.

Fuming. :(

Sorry to hear that

-

Selling a Galaxy S3 a few minutes ago to an Indian chap. Pulls up in an 08 Mercedes, leather interior the whole lot. Starts making ridiculous offers under what we agreed on the phone. Spent literally 15 minutes bargaining on a tenner. Pulls the money out from a wallet full of 50's,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Aww yeah, 16 day weekend :pac:

peekachoo wrote: »
    So I finished my German project last night ahead of my oral next Monday.

Someone mucked around with my bag at lunch and put an opened Capri sun into it, messed up my books and my project is in s**t.

Fuming. :(

That's not even funny. You think people would have grown up by now.

Ugh I know, thank god I've only two months left in that hell hole. Seriously though idk what I'm gonna do for my oral D:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Wow, I'm glad that Easter is here, finally I will be able to study properly. Well, starting on monday :D .

• Advertisement

Could work to your advantage. Prepare a bit on how someone broke into your bag and ruined your project. Include loads of descriptions and ****e and it'll fill a few minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement