Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm definitely going to be taking some time over the next two weekends to relax (as we should all, seriously lads you won't get another chance until June, yes work but set out chilling time too!) but even with that, these are looking to be the worst holidays ever. :( Was in no way excited/relieved going home today, I genuinely prefer school than being at home and feeling obliged to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I have felt so motivated to study all day for the two weeks so let's hope it happens!

Finally got all my pres back ended up being 50 points under what I need but considering my Art and Home Ec were about 4/5 grands under my usual all is good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Slow Show wrote: »
    I genuinely prefer school than being at home and feeling obliged to study.

I wish I had that attitude. I don't feel obliged to anything:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Methememb wrote: »
    Could work to your advantage. Prepare a bit on how someone broke into your bag and ruined your project. Include loads of descriptions and ****e and it'll fill a few minutes.

I like how you think ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

peekachoo wrote: »

I like how you think ;)
    I think you should do that too works to your advantage in the end giving you even more to talk about considering you spent so much time on it shouldn't let immature people ruin if for you :D

• Advertisement

Never would have thought of this! Thanks guys, I guess it's not all bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Easter :)
    Study :(

3 weeks to French oral :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,691 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Today was a weird day.

We were in Physics for the first class and the principal came in and called out a list of names who he said he wanted to see. About 30 or so 6th years. So the lads go out and about ten minutes later the first one comes back. About 3 years ago someone made a fake facebook page for a teacher who had run for local election, and over the past few years there were some fairly funny statuses put up about him, but they were fairly derogatory. Page had nearly 500 likes. So this morning the principal pulled 30 6th years one by one into his office, and read them out a list of statuses they had liked on the page. He did this for 60 students in 5th and 6th year altogether. Keep in mind the page is 3 years old, and said teacher's son commented on it two years ago, and last year.

They've all been told they're being suspended after Easter, and a letter's going home to say for how long.

I understand it's abuse of a teacher and everything, but suspending 60 students for merely 'liking' the status, including 30 6th years?

In other news, anyone else heading to this maths crash course in Trinity tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

This became a huge issue in my little town. First a memes page or something in a girls school, 200 suspended, many with detentions, than in all boys school, same actions expected, in similar numbers. Lawyers getting involved et cetera. I don't know what did they expect, people were even taking pictures of teachers in class!

In moments like that I'm glad I don't have Facebook :) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Today was a weird day.

We were in Physics for the first class and the principal came in and called out a list of names who he said he wanted to see. About 30 or so 6th years. So the lads go out and about ten minutes later the first one comes back. About 3 years ago someone made a fake facebook page for a teacher who had run for local election, and over the past few years there were some fairly funny statuses put up about him, but they were fairly derogatory. Page had nearly 500 likes. So this morning the principal pulled 30 6th years one by one into his office, and read them out a list of statuses they had liked on the page. He did this for 60 students in 5th and 6th year altogether. Keep in mind the page is 3 years old, and said teacher's son commented on it two years ago, and last year.

They've all been told they're being suspended after Easter, and a letter's going home to say for how long.

I understand it's abuse of a teacher and everything, but suspending 60 students for merely 'liking' the status, including 30 6th years?

This <snip>? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Not on Facebook :D

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    This <snip>? :P

Possibly. Maybe. Yes? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Possibly. Maybe. Yes? :P
    I know it is ;) and I'm not from <snip> but my school is just across the road from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Colm vs. The Fact My Maths Teacher Found My YouTube Channel

She loves it, but I had to beg her not to show the Irish teacher :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'd say your Irish teacher will love it, my Irish teacher thinks its brilliant.

So does mine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Theory test tomorrow :D

My dad just got a text from some randomer saying "Hey baby, you want to come over my parents are out?"

He replied with no thanks and then got another one saying "Why not baby?"

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Someone in my school made up a facebook page for the principle and made like photos saying extremely derogatory comments about the teachers :) safe to say they were expelled! Of course I accepted the friend request but thankfully they went no further after expelling one student :)

• Advertisement

My dad just got a text from some randomer saying "Hey baby, you want to come over my parents are out?"

He replied with no thanks and then got another one saying "Why not baby?"
    He didn't reply to this and is just after getting another one: "What's wrong? Xxx"

He didn't reply to this and is just after getting another one: "What's wrong? Xxx"
    Oh wow, tell him to "break up" with her or something :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Tell him to take advantage of what is obviously a very funny mistake. "I'm sorry, but this isn't working out". Lawl, think of the hilarity. Then again that's kinda messing with people so maybe not either.

EDIT - Beaten to it! Peekachoo, we think alike :p

Great minds...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Tell him to take advantage of what is obviously a very funny mistake. "I'm sorry, but this isn't working out". Lawl, think of the hilarity. Then again that's kinda messing with people so maybe not either.

EDIT - Beaten to it! Peekachoo, we think alike :p

Scratch that, there's funnier ways to go about this. Get him to put a random girl's name with a question mark at the end. "Shauna?" :pac: If her name actually turns out to be Shauna then that's just bad luck :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Got my school report with my mock results home today, maths teacher reckons I can get a C, I got 37% in the mock. I hope he's right!

Anyone have a link for some calculus notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

When are ye lads planning to begin Easter homework or whatever? I'm thinking Monday, maybe, but if I'm bored over the weekend I may start.

On a completely different note, do people doing HL Irish find that it requires a lot of work and study like similar to the hours spent at HL English? I came up to HL half way through 5th year after doing OL for JC, and honestly I was expecting myself to find it almost impossible, and to be scraping D's/C's in tests. But honestly, I was doing fairly well, getting B's and I wasn't spending that long studying it. I don't mean to sound like 'oh I'm so great', I'm just curious as to what other people think of HL Irish? I was told by many people (teachers and previous HL students) that it requires so much time and study, but I honestly don't hold the same opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

^ I find LC irish is taking me far less time than it did in the Jc! I find i'm actually enjoying the course as well a lot more than i used to!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Nah not for me, I did very little for JC Irish and got an A but find that I really have to work for it for LC. However, I would never compare English with Irish because I spend many times more time on Irish than English.:p I guess everyone's different!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Yeah, I think me liking Irish may play a part in not having to spend a long time studying it. The Irish tape is my worst though. Coming up from OL to HL was a huge change, mostly with the difficulty with the tape!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement