Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I've never really seen why people say that HL Irish is such hard work and has such a huge workload. Yeah it does need work but it's nothing major. There's only a certain amount of questions that can be asked really, not like other subjects such as English where they could practically ask anything under the sun.

Now HL maths on the other hand.........dear god don't get me started on the amount of work needed for that. There just aren't enough hours in the day. I'm not holding out much hope for our class finishing the course in time or getting many exam questions done either. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

In 5th year I spent a fair amount of time at HL Irish, and the workload was fairly ok. However this year I've one barely anything in Irish other than homework (incl. essays) an I'm still somehow doing fairly well in Irish :D The oral Irish itself isn't too bad either because the comhrá is fairly short although the Sraith pictúirí can be a bit of a mess! I've done pretty little in English as well, even a brief knowledge of the comparatives do fine and the only real learning in English is remembering the quotes from the poems and the Single Text, and some of the quotes can be quite catchy.

But on the other hand, HL Maths is where the work is needed! Definitely a huge workload involved with that, along with Biology and Physics for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Which comes first of the french and Irish orals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

German is 15/16th and Irish is 22/23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Which comes first of the french and Irish orals?

Depends where you're from. If you're school is in Dublin Irish is first but if your school is outside Dublin French is first...I think so anyway! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

In Dublin, if your on the NS it's Irish first and if your on the SS it's language first. That's what our teachers keep telling us anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

kingcobra wrote: »

Depends where you're from. If you're school is in Dublin Irish is first but if your school is outside Dublin French is first...I think so anyway! :D
    No I'm in Cork and our Irish orals are a week before our French orals.

With regards to the amount of work needed for each subject I think really it's all relative, like with me for HL Maths I could maybe do a few hours the night before the exam and come out with a really good Mark but then Irish requires me to do a lot of work constantly to get a good Mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Orals depend on which half of the country your in i think, south do irish then language and north do language then irish

Anyone else doing nothing but oral stuff over Easter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

decisions wrote: »

Nope we have loads of homework in allll subjects so..

• Advertisement

I was hoping to get loads of oral done but I'm only allowed out of the house at the weekends :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Methememb wrote: »
    I was hoping to get loads of oral done but I'm only allowed out of the house at the weekends :pac:

Waheeey! Thread needs more innuendo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

decisions wrote: »
    The plan is to get loads of every subject done considering I've done nothing all year so I'm playing catch up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Any MCR fans?
    I used to listen to them when I was about 13ish, nevertheless so sad to see them call it quits :(

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone know if the orals last year were before Easter or are they always after? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

They were after Easter last year. I think they always are unless Easter falls really late in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Does anyone else find the Irish poetry questions they give you on a poem very similar. I am doing a question on Geibheann now and I must say they don't give you must scope to write as the two questions are basically more or less the same thing! :P

Maybe I am just writing my answers with too much analysis(More like the English ones :L ) and am after using my ideas for the second question in the first.

Passed :D

Congrads.

• Advertisement

Sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Good job man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Well done, now time to get a Civic or another Glanza :d . No offense to annyone that drives one of those, cos I know many people that do, and many of ye probably have them also, but what's the point of adding all the mods even though you know that once you put it in it's near worthless(depreciation). And those f...ing exhausts..

mixery wrote: »
    Well done, now time to get a Civic or another Glanza :d . No offense to annyone that drives one of those, cos I know many people that do, and many of ye probably have them also, but what's the point of adding all the mods even though you know that once you put it in it's near worthless(depreciation). And those f...ing exhausts..

Nah sure I'll save money, I just have to drill holes in the exhaust to make it that loud :cool: Main expense is the spoiler, but it'll be worth it, bîtches love it!
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Yes, the holes along with cut out catalytic converter will do you wonders, can't forget about proper end pipe - I suggest http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSx_PL8EG72I0HozV3ovmx8UAiWpIHeLCYuirv9PsHCQAgtTvURQg .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Didn't study today, gonna pretend watching the Munster/Connacht match as gaeilge makes up for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

Did anyone here go to the Maths Seminar in Trinity today? =)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

mulciber wrote: »
    Did anyone here go to the Maths Seminar in Trinity today? =)

Was that higher? I never hear about these things :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

yournerd wrote: »
    Was that higher? I never hear about these things :(

Yeah, it was higher. I thought all schools were told about it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement