Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

My emails are going mental from following this thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Methememb wrote: »
    Colm doesn't like me D:
    People aren't obliged to like each other.
    Jade. wrote: »
    Change your subscription setting for the thread! Might be worth changing the default setting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

ray2012 wrote: »
    Does anyone who listen to French music know any good songs? I have a few of them, but just looking for a few more. :P Songs that are catchy!
    Should I suggest Coeur de Pirate or is that too obvious an answer?
    You might want to turn off the emails notifications if we're planning on making it to OT #2!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

This escalated quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

peekachoo wrote: »
    This escalated quickly.

So much unnecessary anger! D=

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

In my defence I had had a bad day.

I will admit I reacted like a bollix however. Apologies.

How does this always happen? xD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Yeah, you want to subscribe to thread, but not to instant email alerts. Cause there are other 4000 posts to go, and you don't want 4000 emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

You might want to turn off the emails notifications if we're planning on making it to OT #2!
    My phone likes to turn them back on :P Suppose they'll keep me occupied deleting them I love a distraction

I just noticed that the chat log is heavily edited. Shame on you.

This is the real one:
    http://pastebin.com/dyd5dd0M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Should I suggest Coeur de Pirate or is that too obvious an answer?

I swear I've been told about Coeur de Pirate around 500 times by now. They don't appeal to me too much tbh !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Does anyone who listen to French music know any good songs? I have a few of them, but just looking for a few more. :P Songs that are catchy!

Zaz?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

decisions wrote: »
    Zaz?

Listening to Zaz - On Ira now, and it's catchy as hell!
    Thanks for suggesting!

I swear I've been told about Coeur de Pirate around 500 times by now. They don't appeal to me too much tbh !
    :eek: Coeur de Pirate <3 I haven't a clue what she's saying half the time though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Joe le Taxi and Voyage Voyage. And as much as I don't like Rap, in French it sounds amazing, too bad I have trouble finding it.

Listening to Zaz - On Ira now, and it's catchy as hell!
    Thanks for suggesting!

Serge in the institute mentioned her at Christmas, have her songs stuck in my head since.

Does listening to French music actually help all that much? I'm a tad skeptical about it, I only really listen to it because it's catchy.

I dont think so, but listening to French podcasts on the way to school has improved my oral and aural.

I dont think so, but listening to French podcasts on the way to school has improved my oral and aural.
    I always have great intentions to listen to French/Irish aural stuff on my 20 minute walk every morning but I never get past the first 3 minutes. I had the French CD in my hi-fi aswell but I never actually used it.....it has now been replaced by the Jake Bugg CD (<3) I got for my birthday.

Music wins over aural every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

I always have great intentions to listen to French/Irish aural stuff on my 20 minute walk every morning but I never get past the first 3 minutes. I had the French CD in my hi-fi aswell but I never actually used it.....it has now been replaced by the Jake Bugg CD (<3) I got for my birthday.

Music wins over aural every time.

I would pick him over french cds anyday :)

• Advertisement

No clue who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

How do ya get podcast?

No clue who he is.
    My best friend who gave it to me didn't think I would either. She wrote me this practically half page essay about him and his style and how I probably didn't know him and how he was recommended to her by the lad in the sop who she's slightly in love with and how she hopes I'd like it. As I was reading this very long birthday card I was getting a sneaking suspicion that it was hime because she'd been singing one of his songs all week!

This just reminded me of something! Today I watched a French movie called Skate or Die. The title put me off a little, but it was just starting so I thought I'd give it a watch, and it was all right. Though it contained one of the worst special effects I have ever seen, if you ever get to watch you'll know what I mean :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lolno

usually despise rap,
    but i listen to youssoupha - viens the odd time
    haven't a clue what he's saying just it sound class :cool:

and had a mock oral the other day, and got a b2, usually my usual teacher usually gives me d's, but we spent most of the oral talking about justin bieber? maybe she was a belieber:confused:

That's..only..slightly..weird.. ?

And remember the classic - Stromae - Alors On Danse .

Now instead of doing something constructive I'm looking for French songs on YT :D . At least they're etter than German. Either Rammstein, or some Techno. Jeez.

German music is unreal!
    Look up Cro - Du, insanely catchy :)

Out of them all I like Die Toten Hosen the most. I still remember my father playing their cassetes :D .

This one's fairly easy to follow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BAKb2p450Q .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Methememb wrote: »
    Someone called Tyrrell, but not SteTyrrell. Colm knows him. Just came on and started taking the piss
    Hey bro, since you're not filling everyone's drama quota here's what I actually said, with your lovely "calm" responses. Ignore the 05 before my timecodes, that's colouration so I can identify parts, joins and my own posts.

http://pastebin.com/VRn91sr3

Edit: Link sanitised for QOL's Sanity.
    Option 1: Kiss and make up (figuratively or literally, suit yourself!)

Option 2: Ignore one another.

Non-optional: Don't drag arguments from IRC or elsewhere in here.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

this is possibly the greatest german song ever. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement