Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I have a french oral in the morning and i have been dying sick all weekend with a headcold :( its so annoying! Hopefully it doesnt happen for the real thing :) Listening to some of these french songs should help! :)

This thread really picked up in the last few hours! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Someone's gotta do the work.

So, Charlie -
    1516254.jpg

Love this song for the irish oral :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

If I were to say Muzzy the children's cartoon would anyone know what I was on about?

No? Altough I have a huge collection of Donald Duck comics. I love them, and so does my father. I hope my 'lil brothers will do too! They were not only interesting but often soo informative!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Whoever was looking for French music.. Le Sens De La Vie is really good! Also I just listened to Zaz - On Ira and I am in love :P French music is actually quite good!
    Haven't posted in a while, mostly because I am too lazy to sign in. These 2 weeks shall be filled with an attempt to become fluent in French.. fun days ahead! :P

mixery wrote: »
    No? Altough I have a huge collection of Donald Duck comics. I love them, and so does my father. I hope my 'lil brothers will do too! They were not only interesting but often soo informative!

No I didn't think anyone would.

Look on the bright side, you're a hipster! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Is mise Muzzy, Muzzy mór.

Methememb wrote: »
    Is mise Muzzy, Muzzy mór.
    :eek: Je suis Muzzy, le grand Muzzy.

Ours was in French

• Advertisement

What?! Blasphemy!

Methememb wrote: »
    What?! Blasphemy!
    My one friend who's seen it aswell has it in either English or Spanish.

I have no idea how it came up in conversation. I think she mentioned it in passing one day, thinking that no one else would know it, but little did she know that I knew exactly what she was on about. We haven't been able to find anyone else who's heard of it.

Back in my day we watched it in the gaeltacht :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

:eek: Je suis Muzzy, le grand Muzzy.

Ours was in French
    Yo soy Muzzy, el gran Muzzy
    :D;) (growing up in a country where half the population spoke Spanish, this was pretty much all the Spanish I knew :P)
    Out of interest does anyone remember Gumby? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

If I were to say Muzzy the children's cartoon would anyone know what I was on about?

Yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Wahheeyy 400 pages people! 400 pages of awesomeness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

150 on my settings. :cool:

Why is it that I have a French oral in an hour but I decide to stay in bed :(

decisions wrote: »
    150 on my settings. :cool:
    Also 11Charlie11's post made it 500 pages on touch.boards.ie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LiamGGG

So Guys Have any of you started studying yet? I haven't.:o Have an oral today and have a family thing on tuesday.
    Gonna start wednesday hoping for 4 hrs a day. What is everyone else's goals?:D

• Advertisement

Got my milkshake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Jealous D:

I haven't set myself a goal via time, but instead I just made out a plan with different topics for each day, some days they're long and some days they're short. I felt the need to switch it up to avoid feeling like routine D:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Do you think doing one full maths question (from exam papers) every day is enough for a B in HL? I'm doing a topic a week so far, but it's not my strong point :-( The maths itself is fine but i never know how to start the answer or what exactly they're asking... Any advice would be much appreciated :(

My plan is doing one paper a week in one sitting and then spend the week focusing on my weak points from that paper.

borrch wrote: »
    Do you think doing one full maths question (from exam papers) every day is enough for a B in HL? I'm doing a topic a week so far, but it's not my strong point :-( The maths itself is fine but i never know how to start the answer or what exactly they're asking... Any advice would be much appreciated :(

It really depends on where you're coming from, are B's normal results? What did you get in the mocks?

If you normally score B's then that'd be grand, but of you're trying to come up from C's and D's a bit more intensive work it required!

Anyone else got rid of their telly? Painfull, but necessary. Phone, you're next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Anyone else not able to study that well in any place other than your bedroom? I find it just so much easier having a smaller space to study in and due to that there are less distractions :L

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

peekachoo wrote: »

this is possibly the greatest german song ever. :pac:
    It is such a tune. When on ski-tour in TY, our hotel room had MTV Germany, and it was just this song and Duck Sauce-Barbra Streisand on repeat. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Anyone wanna give me a study timetable? im ****e at making one and using it.

• Advertisement

6000 posts of procrastination gone 4000 to go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement