Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Someone motivate me to study please I just c a n ' t

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Hopefully planning on doing a bit of study tonight it's the only time I can actually do anything productive

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Jade. wrote: »
    Hopefully planning on doing a bit of study tonight it's the only time I can actually do anything productive
    I can only study at night aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I can only study at night aswell :)
    I learn so much more from it than getting up early I always have more energy at night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I planned to get up early this morning so that I'd have like 2 hours extra study done before the time I'd usually get up at during the holidays. Safe to say that didn't happen.

I've just spent 20 minutes playing the piano in an ice cold sitting room, I now can't feel parts of my fingers.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

how do ye learn sraith pictuirs :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Annnd done. First proper days studying in ages.

Why do we always end up posting about study? This is the OT lads, let me emphasise: the OFF TOPIC.

Why do we always end up posting about study? This is the OT lads, let me emphasise: the OFF TOPIC.

Apologies :o :pac:

So, how about the weather, eh? :pac:

• Advertisement

Fluffy socks are actually the comfiest thing ever.<3

I have an Amazon voucher that I got for Christmas but I can't decide if I should use it now and have whatever I buy before the end of the holidays and then have to resist the urge to use whatever I buy once we go back or leave it until the summer when there's no guilt involved.

Hahaha did ye hear that Kim kardashian wore flats today! :o 'twas in the news and all! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#lc2013

I'll be bantering away on IRC tonight and this time will actually be around to prevent any dramas. Just please don't cause any?

Depends on what you buy ;)

Hahaha did ye hear that Kim kardashian wore flats today! :o 'twas in the news and all! :)
    Must have been a slow news day.

Colm! You know me too well, I was planning on causing trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Reminds me of this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2290568/Hugh-Jackman-leaps-giant-puddle-jetting-rainy-New-York.html

Hilarious. :D

Colm! You know me too well, I was planning on causing trouble.

I'm not ashamed to say that I properly LOL'd at that. And I never properly LOL :pac:

I'm not ashamed to say that I properly LOL'd at that. And I never properly LOL :pac:
    It wasn't that LOL deserving was it?

It wasn't that LOL deserving was it?

Probably not in the least. I've a strange sense of humour

• Advertisement

I actually <3 this song! :D

I just love how they keep using footage from the Aviva for everything!! I was in the front row there and I laugh seeing myself in their music videos :')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'm getting really sick of this bloody weather, it's snowing. Again! And it's nearly April ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I have a cold :(

Prodigious wrote: »
    I have a cold :(
    Same :( it's really annoying like its meant to be the end of march! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

going to bed at 4:30 ftw.

Colm vs. a ****ing normal sleeping pattern

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Has anyone done Edco Sample Paper B in Maths, or does anyone want to do some maths for the bantz? :pac: If so, could someone please explain to me what in the world happened with 8b.(iii) The solution is up on e-xamit and everything, code is fjemoz but yeah, stumped.

Colm! wrote: »
    going to bed at 4:30 ftw.

Colm vs. a ****ing normal sleeping pattern
    4.30! How did you manage to get up at 10.15!

I left IRC at about 2, set the alarm for 9.15, heard it, ignored it, managed to drag myself out of bed just before 11. Sure the day's nearly over already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Slow Show wrote: »
    Has anyone done Edco Sample Paper B in Maths, or does anyone want to do some maths for the bantz? :pac: If so, could someone please explain to me what in the world happened with 8b.(iii) The solution is up on e-xamit and everything, code is fjemoz but yeah, stumped.
    You have to use the trig identities in the tables and you need to be able to identify that what you have is the same as cos a cos b - sin a sin b. So you take a and b (x+pi and x-pi) and put them into cos (a+b)c the pis cancel so it is cos 2x.
    Don't know if I've explained that right but if you don't understand just ask :) hope I have that right now too :P
    Just wondering where you got that code from? My papers don't have that code :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Slow Show wrote: »

I think it's partial fractions, well partial fractions works for this anyway!

Basically you have 1/x(x+1)

And that's made of two different fractions and we want to split the fraction we have into two different ones, and we know the bottom line in each fraction (the denominator) but not the top line (the numerator)

So you can write them as
    A/x + B/(x+1)

Then like normal you get a common denominator which would look like

A(x+1) + B(x)/x(x+1)

then multiply out the top line

Ax+A+Bx/x(x+1)

But Ax + Bx = 0 because there should be no x's on the top line
    if you cancel of the x's in that and move the B over to the other side of the =
    you get B = -A

Going back to the the earlier fraction if Ax and Bx cancel the fraction is left as

A/x(x+1)

but going back to the original fraction it's 1/x(x+1)

so A would have to be equal to 1 and if A = 1 and B = -A
    then B = -1

so you fill that back into the split up fractions you get

1/x + (-1)/(x+1)

which is
    1/x - 1/(x+1)
    QED

I've a feel all of that only makes sense to me in my head but at least I gave it my best shot ;)

EDIT: AHHH balls! Just realised you said 8 B iii not 8 C iii, after going through all that! ><

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement