Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

You still get a thanks if it makes you feel better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

You have to use the trig identities in the tables and you need to be able to identify that what you have is the same as cos a cos b - sin a sin b. So you take a and b (x+pi and x-pi) and put them into cos (a+b)c the pis cancel so it is cos 2x.
    Don't know if I've explained that right but if you don't understand just ask :) hope I have that right now too :P
    Just wondering where you got that code from? My papers don't have that code :/

Thanks I get it now, I was actually typing out a confused response but somewhere in the midst I got it. OK but just one, probably very stupid question. Where's the actual differentiation in that?

Also I got that one but thank you Eurovisionmad for the effort, I appreciate it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Slow Show wrote: »

Thanks I get it now, I was actually typing out a confused response but somewhere in the midst I got it. OK but just one, probably very stupid question. Where's the actual differentiation in that?

Also I got that one but thank you Eurovisionmad for the effort, I appreciate it. :)
    You have to use the product rule at the beginning to get it into the form of the identity. So you use to product rule to get cos (x+pi).cos(x-pi) + sin(x-pi).-sin(x+pi). Then you can change it into the identity I get your answer.
    Was that code in your papers? I am missing loads of codes for a few papers, thought they just didn't do solutions for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

There should be a thread for all the maths sample paper q's...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

You have to use the product rule at the beginning to get it into the form of the identity. So you use to product rule to get cos (x+pi).cos(x-pi) + sin(x-pi).-sin(x+pi). Then you can change it into the identity I get your answer.
    Was that code in your papers? I am missing loads of codes for a few papers, thought they just didn't do solutions for them!

Ah sorry meant to reply to that! Ermm yeah it's in mine, it's at the very end of the question though after the last c part?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Slow Show wrote: »

Ah sorry meant to reply to that! Ermm yeah it's in mine, it's at the very end of the question though after the last c part?
    Silly me, didn't see the last part! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

decisions wrote: »
    I'm getting really sick of this bloody weather, it's snowing. Again! And it's nearly April ffs!
    I felt like it was the summer holidays today in the car then :P it was so sunny and roasting in the car not so much outside though...

And to make the day even better I bought half of river island in the sales

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Serious procrastinating being done over here - would anyone like to recommend good songs to learn on bass? It's been forever since I learned something new!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

decisions wrote: »
    I'm getting really sick of this bloody weather, it's snowing. Again! And it's nearly April ffs!

And for an even bigger kick in the teeth, this is Met Éireann's Monthly Summary for March last year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

peekachoo wrote: »
    Serious procrastinating being done over here - would anyone like to recommend good songs to learn on bass? It's been forever since I learned something new!

"Higher ground" by Stevie Wonder or if you prefer RHCP :) There is a nice bit of slapping in it and is so fun to play!

I haven't played bass in ages and really need to start again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

4.30! How did you manage to get up at 10.15!

I left IRC at about 2, set the alarm for 9.15, heard it, ignored it, managed to drag myself out of bed just before 11. Sure the day's nearly over already.
    I dragged myself out of bed at 11:30 anyhow. My iPod kept me company for the morning. I left IRC at 2am too, but then my phone started ringing... That conversation went on for a bit :P

David1994 wrote: »

"Higher ground" by Stevie Wonder or if you prefer RHCP :) There is a nice bit of slapping in it and is so fun to play!

I haven't played bass in ages and really need to start again.

I'm on it! If you start playing again soon, I just learned Still Into You, the new paramore song. Not particularly challenging but great fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

If you want something fun to play I recommend "How You Like Me Now" by The Heavy. Not a bassist myself, but that is a ****ing glorious bassline

Edit: seriously why does boards need a ****ing swear filter

My phone now changes **** to fúck automatically because of the amount of times I've done it on boards :pac:

peekachoo wrote: »
    I'm on it! If you start playing again soon, I just learned Still Into You, the new paramore song. Not particularly challenging but great fun :D

Yeah I definitely intend over the summer to start playing again.
    I will check out the song but I'm sure I will like it anyways..It is paramore like! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Currently feel like I live in an igloo and we've run out of tea bags, the end of the world is finally happening!

I was never much of a musical type, more of a take electrical goods apart, figure out how they work and put em back together type.

Granted that it is PARAMORE and all, it's still a very poppy (autocorrect made that "poopy") song. Good all the same. :)

Anyone else watching the Irish match?

You couldn't pay me to watch the Irish soccer team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Is it just here or has it been snowing pretty much all day and not sticking anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I picked a random Sraith picture and tried to talk about it like in the real oral... It went horrible :|
    I think I've forgotten all my Irish.. since last week. I have a mock oral Friday so major studying for it will take place after the Ireland game up until Friday!

One of my worst SP has to be the one where the family go to Malaga/The cleaning community one/ the fashion show. I hope I get a good one in the real oral, it's all just luck and I hate it -__-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

ray2012 wrote: »
    I picked a random Sraith picture and tried to talk about it like in the real oral... It went horrible :|
    I think I've forgotten all my Irish.. since last week. I have a mock oral Friday so major studying for it will take place after the Ireland game up until Friday!

One of my worst SP has to be the one where the family go to Malaga/The cleaning community one/ the fashion show. I hope I get a good one in the real oral, it's all just luck and I hate it -__-

Can't stand No. 19, which is the one in the mountains, been putting off learning it for ages!

10 minutes in and Ireland are 1 goal down already...Ah jaysus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Can't stand No. 19, which is the one in the mountains, been putting off learning it for ages!
    I hate 19 as well. Next on my hate list is the tidy towns one, then probably the 2 cooking ones even though they must be the 2 easiest ones I just can't seem to do them right.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Theres a load of those pictures we never actually learnt.. We were just photocopied notes for them and never tested on them, so a heap of them Ill be learning for the first time this Easter. Yippeeee -.-
    I like the Tidy Towns one though, its one the few Id have a reasonable idea of!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

hows everyones studies going?:)

Shíte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Ireland are playing well for the last 10. Could have done without half time, it came at the wrong time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Same here.. I am getting a bit done everyday though I'm way off schedule.. Ended up spending way too long doing applied maths today and forgot about everything else :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement