Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

I got like 5 English essays to do! I haven't done anything at all today, just don't feel like it but I really need to :(
    I've felt like this for a while now...im waiting for some inspiration to come out of somewhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

peekachoo wrote: »

So what artists have you covered? I can send you a few if you'd like :D
    Well for European we've all the chapters up as far as Raphael so Michelangelo, Giotto, Ghiberti etc? Anything at all would be of major help if you could :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I have Giotto, Picasso, van Eyck, Monet, Carvaggio, Van Gogh, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Donatelloto to name a few. Then for Irish I have Le Brocquy, Henry, Keating, JB Yeats and I have a few artefacts and stuff. If you want any I can send them on during the week :)

I have Giotto, Picasso, van Eyck, Monet, Carvaggio, Van Gogh, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Donatelloto to name a few. Then for Irish I have Le Brocquy, Henry, Keating, JB Yeats and I have a few artefacts and stuff. If you want any I can send them on during the week :)
    Out of that I have Giotto, Monet, Da Vinci, Michelangelo and Donatello done. We haven't even done any Irish artist only have newgrange Iron Age etc covered so basically anything will do me as I only have the book and no notes :) Thanks for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I hate when you hear your phone vibrate but it actually didn't D:

• Advertisement

Jade. wrote: »
    Out of that I have Giotto, Monet, Da Vinci, Michelangelo and Donatello done. We haven't even done any Irish artist only have newgrange Iron Age etc covered so basically anything will do me as I only have the book and no notes :) Thanks for that!
    I'll get it asap, my scanner is f**ked so it'll prob be webcam pictures or something

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrySeoighe

Jade. wrote: »

I have Stone age and Bronze age studied for section 1
    for section 2 i have Degas, Renoir, and monat
    and section 3 i have the art gallery question.

My art teacher is pure ****e. There are only two of us in the class, TWO... and I got a C3 and my friend got a C1 in our mocks, but we practically thought ourselves. we really need help so if u any of u have any notes that could help me that would be great..

Jaysus lads I thought I had a bad teacher but it seems we have loooads covered :O

I'll get it asap, my scanner is f**ked so it'll prob be webcam pictures or something
    Anything will do there's no rush though! :D

My art teacher is pure ****e. There are only two of us in the class, TWO... and I got a C3 and my friend got a C1 in our mocks, but we practically thought ourselves. we really need help so if u any of u have any notes that could help me that would be great..
    We're the same we have nothing covered! There's 7 in my class and 4 failed the history

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'm studying the sraith pictures again and I can say that my WORST one is number 7 - the 'Obair Dheonach', where the students are helping collect money for 'Clann Siomóin' by bag-packing. Too much writing in the pictures, and it's fairly tough writing.. I have my mock oral Friday so I left looking over the SP fairly late .. I've 1-7 done now. Might leave out 3 or 4 SP's and just hope I don't pick it, but I will have them all revised for the real thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Do my eyes deceive me or are people talking about art?! :D:D:D

Join the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

How's everyone's search for Accommodation going? :) I've mine since January, but a few of my friends haven't even started looking yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrySeoighe

Jaysus lads I thought I had a bad teacher but it seems we have loooads covered :O

Ya we have nothing done. :( so if u have any notes u could sent me that would be great.. if u need my my email i can send it to u through PM

Yeah do PM me, I'll try and get it to you before Saturday! :)

kevin12345 wrote: »
    How's everyone's search for Accommodation going? :) I've mine since January, but a few of my friends haven't even started looking yet.

I've looked, but I'm finding it fairly hard as I'm going to be going to university in a city I've never even been to before! I'll be going for a student accommodation, off-campus though, so I shouldn't really have a problem. Don't think I'll be booking until summer anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Accommodation?! I still haven't even decided if I'm moving or not. Moving's fairly expensive but the 7:30 train is awkward would mean I'd have to get up at like 6. Looks like I'm leaning towards moving.......I'll leave it until summer though because I'm fairly sure it doesn't matter when I apply for on campus accomm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I've applied for accomodation in Mary I and I have paid the deposit and all!
    All I need to do now is just get the points and that. The accomodation is off-campus and that's where all the boys and some girls stay.It's only less than 5 minutes from the college itself so that is good anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Accommodation?! I still haven't even decided if I'm moving or not. Moving's fairly expensive but the 7:30 train is awkward would mean I'd have to get up at like 6. Looks like I'm leaning towards moving.......I'll leave it until summer though because I'm fairly sure it doesn't matter when I apply for on campus accomm.

Normally on-campus is the one that is hugely over booked and goes very quickly! That's the case with most universities anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

David1994 wrote: »
    I've applied for accomodation in Mary I and I have paid the deposit and all!
    All I need to do now is just get the points and that. The accomodation is off-campus and that's where all the boys and some girls stay.It's only less than 5 minutes from the college itself so that is good anyways.

I'm the same. I'm staying in Ashdown though. It's only a few minutes away too, which is great.

• Advertisement

Normally on-campus is the one that is hugely over booked and goes very quickly! That's the case with most universities anyway!
    Well if I'm still planning on going to NUIM in the summer, as far as I'm aware their accom is ramdomly allocated so it doesn't really matter when I apply. On top of that, if I get enough points for the scholarship, which judging by the mocks I should, I think you're automatically given a place if you apply, before the rest of the places are allocated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Well if I'm still planning on going to NUIM in the summer, as far as I'm aware their accom is ramdomly allocated so it doesn't really matter when I apply. On top of that, if I get enough points for the scholarship, which judging by the mocks I should, I think you're automatically given a place if you apply, before the rest of the places are allocated.

Oh right that really is the only University I've heard of that doesn't have a mad rush to book accommodation, I'm planning on staying up until midnight for whatever date in May it is to "register your interest" for UCD on campus accommodation even though it's looking extremely unlikely now that I'll even go there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Whoa.... Haven't even thought about looking yet. I won't until at least after the Leaving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'll worry about accommodation when I have the results in my hand, odds are I'm going to commute anyway.

Lads I went to listen to my iPod for the first time in a week last night when I couldn't sleep (it's usually a sure fire way of falling asleep and a tend to wake up the next morning with the earphones tangled around my arm) but the battery was flat :( I had a crawl to the end of the very warm, comfortable bed, outside the duvet to plug it into the dock. :(

I still have sraith pictures 13-20 and the whole comhrá part of the exam to go over for tomorrow.. Gonna be a long evening. :eek:

If I were to post a package tomorrow, how long would it take to arrive in California?

Well I don't think an post work on Good Friday, but they do on Saturday. Not really too sure how long it takes to get to the US tho, last time I got something delivered from the US it took 6 working days I think.

I know a grand total of 2 Sraith pics.

• Advertisement

Irish oral is cancelled for tomorrow. Couldn't be happier, gives me (well needed!) extra time to revise for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement