Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

the background picture of the mountains etc is a pic i took in tibet :) just posted about being a teenager in ireland today and my leaving cert experiences would love some feedback :)

http://alwaysrunningalwaysdreaming.wordpress.com/

What I want to know is what does the photo look like under the side that has the actual bloggy bit on it. It's just such an amazing photo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

just posted the full picture on the blog! its a lovely country! the picture is brilliant was my first time to use a proper professional camera and i can see why people use them! the brother is a computer genius and fine tuned the quality of the pic!

i am only 8 views away from 300 to win 60 euro please dont let me down :P

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

just posted the full picture on the blog! its a lovely country! the picture is brilliant was my first time to use a proper professional camera and i can see why people use them! the brother is a computer genius and fine tuned the quality of the pic!

i am only 8 views away from 300 to win 60 euro please dont let me down :P

That picture is stunning! Well done on it, seems like something you'd see in a movie! Amazing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Prodigious wrote: »
    Last night I got refused from an 18's club and got into a 21's club. This is the third time its happened. Because fcuk logic...

This always happens me I always just walk into over 21's/23's but anytime a club is over 18 I'm asked for iD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

peekachoo wrote: »
    same thing happens to me regularly, oh Ireland

Its such bullish.t .. All the lads are 19/20 and can't get in there, but I get in every time. As a result we're always separated. Bollix.

Anyone going out tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I'm staying in tonight :( all my crowd are getting a bus away and I don't have ID, I can get into places in town alright without ID but not outside of town. Boring night ahead, i may even...study :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Its such bullish.t .. All the lads are 19/20 and can't get in there, but I get in every time. As a result we're always separated. Bollix.

Anyone going out tonight?

I was going to but a combination of no lift/money/place to stay means I'm gonna chill at home for the night and eat my body weight in chocolate. I am very okay with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

thanks a million really appreciate it! broke the 300 mark now sitting pretty at 324 :) delighted :D thanks to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'm not bothering going out tonight as most of my friends are 18, while I'm only 17 and IDless. I never get into the nightclub without ID so I just couldn't be bothered, would have to go home at around 12ish... Hate being the youngest -__-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

ray2012 wrote: »
    I'm not bothering going out tonight as most of my friends are 18, while I'm only 17 and IDless. I never get into the nightclub without ID so I just couldn't be bothered, would have to go home at around 12ish... Hate being the youngest -__-

Worst thing ever. I have fake ID but it works 50% of the time only...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I couldn't be bothered to go out at the moment, I'm broke and I need new clothes. My last good dress got eaten by the washing machine :(

decisions wrote: »
    I couldn't be bothered to go out at the moment, I'm broke and I need new clothes. My last good dress got eaten by the washing machine :(

You probably already know all this but when you have money.. ASOS do free delivery to Ireland and boohoo do sometimes too, combine their sale section with a student discount (can't remember the company, could be unidays?) and it is beautifuuuul! The danger is always the over spend though :/

They have seriously nice stuff, and I'm definatly picking up a few new dresses after the orals because I should have cash by then and I have a load of 18ths coming up after them. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

How much maths hw did ye get?? I got four maths papers to do and have revision course all week so I don't know how I'm going to get it all done :(

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

You probably already know all this but when you have money.. ASOS do free delivery to Ireland and boohoo do sometimes too, combine their sale section with a student discount (can't remember the company, could be unidays?) and it is beautifuuuul! The danger is always the over spend though :/

Missguided also have really nice clothes, especially dresses!

How much maths hw did ye get?? I got four maths papers to do and have revision course all week so I don't know how I'm going to get it all done :(

All we got was the 2011 paper 1. I have the majority of it done since Christmas. :L

Anyone not going out feel like joining me on IRC later?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

None but I did get 5 English essays :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

And theres me moping over my essay I've to do on Hopkins, which I've done a good job putting off. Tomorrow maybe:pac:

My maths hw at this rate will be done the night before school. I just keep putting it off along with French oral stuff.

5 :O that's fairly harsh! It take me hours to just writte one which is all I have to do! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

5 :O that's fairly harsh! It take me hours to just writte one which is all I have to do! :)
    And I haven't even started one yet :P

Anyone not going out feel like joining me on IRC later?

Yeah sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kenbob

Last night I got refused from an 18's club and got into a 21's club. This is the third time its happened. Because fcuk logic...

That made me laugh it actually always happens! Met my third year maths teacher out last night he hangs around quite a young bar in town by himself with loads of students around him! and he told me how crap I was at maths (I wasn't too bad I got a b?!?)and not even he could have thought me the same guy only had TWO honours maths leaving cert students last year because he's so bad and half of his pass leaving certs failed their mock this year confronted him about this and he said 'does it look like I care?professionalism at it's best!! Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Went out last night and going out tomorrow night... what lc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Only studied half the days this week, needed a break, gonna really push it hard this week though! Have a lot to get through...many people take today off to honour Jebus? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

I got a full mock maths paper, two irish prós question, a physics mock and a full fricking english paper 1 and 2 to do. And I've only made a start on physics so far. Did they not realise that I have orals to study for as well?!

Was meant to be going out, but changed my mind. Too tired. :(

Starting a diet tomorrow! :rolleyes:

I'm planning on doing the same, the boards summer challenge peatered out after a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Had the ultimate procrastination day today! We drove to Limerick had macdonalds then drove up to the house they film Father Ted at in Ennis. Then went to the Lmerick Macdonalds again. Then drove to Kilarney and went for a walk then back home to Cork.

Only spent 10 hours driving around :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement