Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Jade. wrote: »
    Had the ultimate procrastination day today! We drove to Limerick had macdonalds then drove up to the house they film Father Ted at in Ennis. Then went to the Lmerick Macdonalds again. Then drove to Kilarney and went for a walk then back home to Cork.

Only spent 10 hours driving around :pac:

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

only 4 times I apologise for any inconvenice I have caused you
    No inconvenience, but to avoid running foul of site-wide rules re: spam, putting it in your sig is a good idea! ;)

Gorgeous pic, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Starting a diet tomorrow! :rolleyes:

I'll start that.......eventually :P Possibly after the leaving :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Went out last night and going out tomorrow night... what lc?

Youre going out tonight?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Nice marathon, I went out Saturday and only starting to get back to normality now. I was going to study, but family are gone so listening to some (loud) music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone pull any good April fools day pranks? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

decisions wrote: »
    I'm planning on doing the same, the boards summer challenge peatered out after a couple of weeks.

Maybe tomorrow for the diet.....

Got a giant Easter egg from my aunt so naturally that was breakfast and lunch :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Was gonna get up early this morning to study. I woke up at 3.15. I didn't even go out last night :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

http://thecolorrun.com

This is coming to Ireland sometime, by the looks of it sometime after March 2014 but it looks unbelievable. I couldn't run as far as the front gate but looks like I've got myself some time to prepare.

That looks like a hell of a lot of fun, where do I sign :D

• Advertisement

That looks like a hell of a lot of fun, where do I sign :D

I know! It's only 5km as well.

Their fb page is The Color Run Ireland and it says Irish dates will be announced soon. I'm not expecting them to be any time soon though because they have US events up to next March.

I think I've found me some motivation for fitness.

Edit: In LC related news, the film version of Macbeth is on BBC Two tomorrow at 12. At least I think it's on at 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Gr8loolz

can anyone give me predictions for art history?

Edit: In LC related news, the film version of Macbeth is on BBC Two tomorrow at 12. At least I think it's on at 12.
    Just set to record there, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I'm not the only one who woke up today thinking 'holy f*ck it's April' right? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

0mega wrote: »
    I'm not the only one who woke up today thinking 'holy f*ck it's April' right? :o

I was more conserned that it was Monday already and I still hadn't started on my oral stuff :pac:

Jade. wrote: »
    I was more conserned that it was Monday already and I still hadn't started on my oral stuff :pac:
    Snap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Lads, Brendan Grace on TV3. Get in on it :pac:

0mega wrote: »

No, I had that moment as well. The year is going far too quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

3 orals in 3 weeks HOLY ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'm honestly dreading the Irish oral. Not so much the French one. Can't imagine what I'll be like before I enter the room to the examiner!

• Advertisement

I feel like I've done nothing so far considering how close it all seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I feel like I've done nothing so far considering how close it all seems.

Wait and see, you'll come out with an A1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I haven't posted in here in ages, I always read it but can't be bothered posting :pac:

Anybody going to the killers?

I decided not to go to bed last night. I've spent the last 6 hours staring at the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

got an email this morning from wordpress (blog site) that my blog was the second most viewed Irish blog last week! just want to say thank you to everyone that had a look! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Well done and good luck in the future. I've been running a blog (kinda) for like a week a few years ago, but gave up pretty soon. If you're bored you can take a look - http://mixeryie.skyrock.com/ . I was thinking about running a soccer blog(or something on youtube with friends) but the idea never materialised. From what I'm seeing, nowadays running a succesfull blog can be a good way to get you into journalism.

I only update my blog sporadically. When I started it a few months ago I was fully intended on updating it every week but that never worked out so it's turned into more of a once a month kind of job. Although I did put a really long post on it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

I find it really hard to keep all the subjects going. I usually focus on one subject and neglect the rest. Like I am finally getting maths but now my English has gone iffy again ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Can anyone who does accountancy help me out with these two workings, as in, tell me what to do with them? :P

From a company account (Q1) - ''During the year, stock which had cost €5,000 was destroyed by fire. The Insurance Company agreed to pay compensation of €4,000. The loss is to be treated as a separate item in the profit and loss account.'' Is all you do here put the €1,000 loss into the P+L ?

From a sole trader account (Q1) - ''Goods with a retail selling price of €8,400 were returned to a supplier. The selling price was cost plus 20%. The supplier issued a credit note showing a restocking charge of 10% of the cost price. No entry has been made in respect of this restocking charge.'' I'm clueless on that one!

• Advertisement

I've been like a zombie since 12, so I've got nothing done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement