Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I still haven't done any of my homework I'm a disaster :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Jade. wrote: »
    I still haven't done any of my homework I'm a disaster :pac:

we should mate... (dodgeball reference before spurious infracts me again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

we should mate... (dodgeball reference before spurious infracts me again)

You're a bit of a hard man, aren't you? :rolleyes:

Prodigious wrote: »

I've fought many a traveller in my time and mated with their sisters for good measure if that's what you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I looked at your blog and thought it was really interesting! :) i take it you are really good at English in school? your writing style was something that really caught my eye! Your post about the LC was brilliant! keep it up :)

Aw thank you! :) I do love English, it's probably what I'll do next year. I did toy with the idea of studying journalism for a while but I finally decided that if I did want to get into it later I wouldn't necessarily need a degree in journalism. Can I ask what it was that caught your eye about the style? I thought it was pretty standard tbh but that's probably because it's just how I'm used to writing......

For whoever was wondering where to find it, the link is in my sig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Painted all day again today.
    I swear tomorrow I'll start studying! :P
    All of these posts are giving me the idea to start a blog...so much distraction :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

peekachoo wrote: »
    Painted all day again today.
    I swear tomorrow I'll start studying! :P
    All of these posts are giving me the idea to start a blog...so much distraction :pac:

Consider the painting art study :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

Aw thank you! :) I do love English, it's probably what I'll do next year. I did toy with the idea of studying journalism for a while but I finally decided that if I did want to get into it later I wouldn't necessarily need a degree in journalism. Can I ask what it was that caught your eye about the style? I thought it was pretty standard tbh but that's probably because it's just how I'm used to writing......

For whoever was wondering where to find it, the link is in my sig.

your welcome :) i was the exact same looked into it quite a bit and talked to a couple of journalists and they said the same as it is becoming more online based! of course :) it is really free flowing and quirky the word that springs to mind is eloquent :) your expression is brilliant! :)

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Consider the painting art study :)

I keep telling myself that! And then I get mad at the art exam coz these paintings all take me 6-8 hours and the exam is 2.5 and I'm just like -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

your welcome :) i was the exact same looked into it quite a bit and talked to a couple of journalists and they said the same as it is becoming more online based! of course :) it is really free flowing and quirky the word that springs to mind is eloquent :) your expression is brilliant! :)
    Me quirky and eloquent?! Thanks though, it's nice to know someone finds it interesting :) I don't really read a whole lot of blogs but there's something I like about it yours too - it's a bit of everything really so it's good, it keeps you interested :)

• Advertisement

peekachoo wrote: »
    I keep telling myself that! And then I get mad at the art exam coz these paintings all take me 6-8 hours and the exam is 2.5 and I'm just like -_-

Sure that's why you need to keep painting :P get quicker (I actually have a friend who has started timing her sketches, and there still amazing, sigh)

It's like not even possible they need to extend the painting to the same length as the craft :-( plus idk how much painting celebrities is much of a practice anyway hahaha
    I know and don't even start me on the 15 minute sketches!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

Me quirky and eloquent?! Thanks though, it's nice to know someone finds it interesting :) I don't really read a whole lot of blogs but there's something I like about it yours too - it's a bit of everything really so it's good, it keeps you interested :)

you certainly are you should do well in english :) your welcome :) thanks I really appreciate it I didn't want to corner myself my keeping it to one topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Slow Show wrote: »
    I've never understood how people can like one Q1 and not another, I mean bar a few things they're practically the same thing. Like I wouldn't lose any sleep over which one comes up, though I suspect it'll be Sole Trader. That's just me being ignorant though. :p

I don't mind anything really, I really do kinda love Accounting, but Published takes so long with those notes as well. We never did any 60 markers that don't come up as 100 markers but yeah, I'd be so so happy if Club/Services and Tabs came up but the former is highly unlikely:(. I refuse to do Interpretation, like I just never seem to get over 85 in it no matter what I wrote so I'll have to hope that I like the other two that come up!

I dunno why I despise the sole trader Q but don't mind the manufacturing. I think I'm just stuck in that mindset after failing all the sole trader Q's. :P There are a few workings that are different, but I agree that they aren't a whole lot different. I'm crap at accounting so I don't like it any of the questions tbh. Yeah I think it'll be a sole trader too, but who knows! Same, we've never done any 60 markers that don't come up as 100 marks. Like I've never done that Debtors Control a/c and Revaluation thing I think (Thank God!). My ideal paper would be a Manufacturing account, Interpretation, Club/Service and the Marginal (I think? The one where you must find the different selling prices/variable costs if the company change something). The interpretation seems to be a question that weak students (like me) bank on. :P It's average percent a few years ago was like 56%, which is horrible, when it's known always (so far) to come up. I know I will answer it as I'm weak at the Q 5/6's, but I still don't do too well on it, I maybe get 50%/60%. I just go blank on the formulas in the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

When you're doing the poetry question for English, how many poems do you write about? I usually do four or five.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

When you're doing the poetry question for English, how many poems do you write about? I usually do four or five.

I usually do 2/3 in good detail, and then I might use one or two quotes from a different poem.

Is it just me, or does anyone else just make up (believable) quotes for their comparative answer? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Just asked a girl to the debs, she said yes thank god!! Relief :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Congrats :)

1.) Congrats.
    2.) OH DEAR GOD THE DEBS!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

When is everyones debs?

6th of August for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

When is everyones debs?

6th of August for us

Friday the 13th of september ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

When is everyones debs?

6th of August for us
    Never heard of any that early!

11th Septemer for ours

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Nah, a well-balanced individual, in fairness ... the chip on either shoulder is equally big! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

If I was able to wake up at this time everyday life would be so much more productive!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Jade. wrote: »
    Never heard of any that early!

11th Septemer for ours

I've never heard of any that late! Mine's the 31st and all the other schools in town have their's before that

Our debs are exactly a week after the results.

Lads, cant f*cking wait for summer!

Our debs are exactly a week after the results.

Lads, cant f*cking wait for summer!

You're a bit of a softy, aren't you?

*sigh*

the beauty of the off topic clause

• Advertisement

I'm beginning to be a real pain around here. For that I apologize and blame struss na hardteiste. I guesses a tuiseal ginideach, that's the wildest thing I have done since last summer!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement