Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I am beyond fúcked for the Sraith pics and the French oral.

Anyone want to give me a few tips for French?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

decisions wrote: »
    I am beyond fúcked for the Sraith pics and the French oral.

Anyone want to give me a few tips for French?

Hand gestures... Hand gestures everywhere! That plus eye contact and just giving the impression you know what you're on about really helps, also learning a few little fillers like 'Alors' 'moi, je..' etc for starting off a sentence really helps. As my teacher says, if you're going to hesitate, at least hesitate the French way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Early? Ours is July 31st :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Anyone have a seanfhocal for timpeall san ionad eachtraiochta? Can't think of one at the moment.
    Decisions, try and get a few general phrases you can use for the SPs, like na bheag nar thit sé I laige. It cuts down on your learning and you can use a lot for each one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Anyone have a seanfhocal for timpeall san ionad eachtraiochta? Can't think of one at the moment.
    Decisions, try and get a few general phrases you can use for the SPs, like na bheag nar thit sé I laige. It cuts down on your learning and you can use a lot for each one.

The ones we use are "Ni bhionn in aon rud ach seal" for the 4th picture when everything's going grand and then he gets his foot stuck in the rock and then in the last picture we use "Ni neart go cur le cheile" for when there's two people helping him to walk. They're weak enough but we could't get any better ones :o

Sorry about the fadas, can't get them on the iPod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Do you mean timpiste san Ionad Eachtraíochta ? For the third picture of that SP, you could say "bhí siad sásta tosú ag dreapadóireacht laithreach baill mar thuig siad an seanfhocal 'tus maith leath na hoibre'". I use that exact same line (just switching the 'ag dreapadóireacht') in every one of my SPs :P
    Or else maybe "Ní raibh fúithi ná tháirsti ach an sliabh a dreapú'' ? I made up that bit in italics, not sure if it's right. It should mean, they had their hearts set on climbing the mountain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Whaaaaaat? 31st of July is way too early! To be honest i wouldn't go to mine if it was before the results!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Ours are August 7th! I don't really get schools having them in september, its seems a bit late

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Agreed. All the schools around our area have them late july/early august. We have it before the results as a last hurrah of sorts! Sure in September everyone's in college, seems like a lot of hassle?

Ours are after the results, before college. Perfect IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Prodigious wrote: »
    Ous our after the results, before college. Perfect IMO.

This.
    Ours are like around the second week of September. It's good because you it is just before starting college and good to see everyone.

Boost in confidence for me:

63 days left. Adding up all the chapters in all my subjects gives 98 chapters. (Includes English poets etc)

So if I do *counts on fingers* 1.5555 chapters per day properly I'll be grand.

Which means if I do 3 chapters a day I can get all the courses done twice before the end.

Graaaaaaaand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Ours is August 9th, the Friday before results. It was the same day last year.

I think I remember someone telling me that debs in Dublin schools are always in September.

I hate getting English homework especially when it is something you hate writing about.
    Like I don't like doing speeches for section B's but would much prefer a good old diary entry or a proposal or something :L Of course we have to do a speech for easter and it will probably be crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

David1994 wrote: »
    I hate getting English homework especially when it is something you hate writing about.
    Like I don't like doing speeches for section B's but would much prefer a good old diary entry or a proposal or something :L Of course we have to do a speech for easter and it will probably be crap!

Our teacher, who is a bit loopers at the best of times, has stopped caring if we hand up work, and since I'm not counting english I am delirah! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

ray2012 wrote: »
    Do you mean timpiste san Ionad Eachtraíochta ? For the third picture of that SP, you could say "bhí siad sásta tosú ag dreapadóireacht laithreach baill mar thuig siad an seanfhocal 'tus maith leath na hoibre'". I use that exact same line (just switching the 'ag dreapadóireacht') in every one of my SPs :P
    Or else maybe "Ní raibh fúithi ná tháirsti ach an sliabh a dreapú'' ? I made up that bit in italics, not sure if it's right. It should mean, they had their hearts set on climbing the mountain.

Thanks Ray and Brownbear! Sorry autocorrect was going mad trying to type in Irish :P i had no neart go cut le cheile so I'll stick with that and I'll put the 'no raibh fuithi na thairsti' in. Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Finally spent that amazon voucher that I got for Christmas \o/ Looks like I've got myself some reading to do.

Estimated delivery isn't until the 22-27 of April though which is aaaaaggges away.:( Anyone know if it will really take this long? I'm having my doubts. Although I have the feeling that one of the books wasn't in stock so that could be the delay.

Our teacher, who is a bit loopers at the best of times, has stopped caring if we hand up work, and since I'm not counting english I am delirah! :D

Ah lucky! Our teacher is just so nice and she normally doesn't mind if we don't hand it up...But she seems like she wants this one done by everyone :P And seeing as we had two weeks for it I kinda feel obliged to do it :L

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

All the schools around here are Septhember too for the debs/grads. The earliest I've ever heard of them being here has been the last few days of August :P

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

Has anybody not done their history project yet? :((( Freaking out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 TheGilch13

Elceeney wrote: »
    Has anybody not done their history project yet? :((( Freaking out.

If your in fifth year you've plenty of time. If your in sixth year then you should definately be freaking out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Went for a round of golf to release the leaving cert stress :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

I went down to the local graveyard with the boys coz that where all the young wans hang out for some reason... best way to relieve the stress I tell ya, theyre all trollied and think you are some sort of celebrity coz ya do the lc lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

What I would give to play a proper round of golf.

Pitch and putt @ child rates all the way :pac:

How many hours daily are ye getting in, tbh im gettin only 1 or 2 maybe 3 max so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Got into the Boole Library in UCC today after my revision course today

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I love studying in UCC it makes me feel a lot more motivated

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Thanks Ray and Brownbear! Sorry autocorrect was going mad trying to type in Irish :P i had no neart go cut le cheile so I'll stick with that and I'll put the 'no raibh fuithi na thairsti' in. Thanks! :)

No problemo! I was just revising that SP there, and thought of a good sentence you could put into the second picture of it :

"Dúirt an treoraí leo go rachaidís ag dreapadóireacht i rith an lae"

You're getting the modh coinnolach and tuiseal ginideach in there which will make it stand out! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

How many hours daily are ye getting in, tbh im gettin only 1 or 2 maybe 3 max so far?

I do about 8 hours a day since hpat finished, maybe 6 on a bad day, sometimes 10 if i get up early enough. I intend to do 10+ from May onwards. I'm repeating externally so I need to be putting in those hours :(

• Advertisement

borrch wrote: »
    I do about 8 hours a day since hpat finished, maybe 6 on a bad day, sometimes 10 if i get up early enough. I intend to do 10+ from May onwards. I'm repeating externally so I need to be putting in those hours :(

sick sick man, I could never put these hours in. I go out pretty much most weekends too and im going for 560 pts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement