Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

any topic suggestions for my blog? or anything ye would like to see?

just about studying this week have no motivation need to be back in school quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

borrch wrote: »
    I do about 8 hours a day since hpat finished, maybe 6 on a bad day, sometimes 10 if i get up early enough. I intend to do 10+ from May onwards. I'm repeating externally so I need to be putting in those hours :(

jaysus this nearly made me cry. I'm lucky to get one or two hours on a schoolnight and I haven't done a scrap over Easter! Aiming for 540...hahahaahhaha

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

As embarrassing as it sounds I need around 420 and I'm finding that impossible at the moment :P I wish I had the motivation to even do an hour a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

peekachoo wrote: »
    jaysus this nearly made me cry. I'm lucky to get one or two hours on a schoolnight and I haven't done a scrap over Easter! Aiming for 540...hahahaahhaha

reassuring this. I reckon the last 2 or 3 weeks before leaving is where its all at and at that point the hours will be put in out of sheer fear!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

10 hours? wow. I'm barely awake 10 hours during the day! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

ray2012 wrote: »
    10 hours? wow. I'm barely awake 10 hours during the day! :P

wake at 10 or 11 on a good day, breakfast, study from 12-1, eat lunch, study from 2-3, plaay sport, shower, dinner, study from 7-8, tea, tv, bed. Horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

I had a lot of catching up to do, and am still behind in maths & chemistry (organic), did hardly did anything before xmas as my father died, i'm not in school so i have more time. I start around 10 or 11am, keep going until 6ish (1hr break in between) and then usually another 2 hrs 8-10pm, I have grinds a couple of times during the week as well. I've given up everything until June,no sport, no reading, and hardly go out, only watch 1 hr of tv before going to bed.
    But i'd rather do this than regret it when the results come out, last year i started studying a week before the LC... bad idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Jade. wrote: »
    I love studying in UCC it makes me feel a lot more motivated

As my brother says "They should hold those revision courses in CIT, scare them into working" ;)

Anyway sorry to leave my last post in such an unfinished state I was writing it, then posted accidentally and was editing but I never got around to finishing it!

What I was saying was: Got into the Boole Library in UCC today after my revision course, twas dead useful got loads done cause there was no distractions and the atmosphere almost intimidated you into studying ;) still though have an English paper 1 to do and a full DCG paper plus getting into a reasonable state for the orals!

Our debs are the 21st of August I think, which good cause its after the results and CAO offers while everyone hasn't started uni yet, however if I were to have any complaint it would be that maybe it is too early after all of it, that if someone didn't get their course they might not really be in the mood to go.out and get plastered with their delighted classmates but as far as I remember when the date was being discussed there was a reason we choose this day. I've never heard of schools having Debs before the results I know of schools though that have it way out in September or even October!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I need to get some work done tomorrow, so no Internet, no phone and no TV.

Maybe just maybe it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Our kettle has developed a mind of its own - it keeps turing on and boiling by itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Our kettle has developed a mind of its own - it keeps turing on and boiling by itself.

That sounds very handy :pac:

As my brother says "They should hold those revision courses in CIT, scare them into working" ;)
    Ha Love this!
    never heard of schools having Debs before the results I know of schools though that have it way out in September or even October!
    I know a few schools too that have it late Septhember October (we could possibly be talking of the same schools :P) but I would prefer that to having it before the results!

That sounds very handy :pac:

If you like tea, yes. I don't like tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

I don't like tea.

It's always great to know that there are others out there who don't like tea. I always get odd looks when I express my distaste for it :pac:

I also don't like tea (or coffee) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

borrch wrote: »
    I had a lot of catching up to do, and am still behind in maths & chemistry (organic), did hardly did anything before xmas as my father died, i'm not in school so i have more time. I start around 10 or 11am, keep going until 6ish (1hr break in between) and then usually another 2 hrs 8-10pm, I have grinds a couple of times during the week as well. I've given up everything until June,no sport, no reading, and hardly go out, only watch 1 hr of tv before going to bed.
    But i'd rather do this than regret it when the results come out, last year i started studying a week before the LC... bad idea!

I admire your determination! Fair play to you, I'm sure you'll get what course you want this year! :)

Hey since the US and n Korea are at the brink of war...
    If war breaks out can we cancel the leaving? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I also don't like tea (or coffee) :D

Mmmmmmm coffee. Tea..... BLEH

Lads all this talk about debs made me try on my dress. Is it possible to be in love with a dress? Because I think I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Lads all this talk about debs made me try on my dress. Is it possible to be in love with a dress? Because I think I am.

You've a dress?! :O I may get on that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone not have someone to go to the grad with? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Ah i need to get a dress, i just spend hours online looking instead of trying on, but it is totally possible to be in love with a dress :)

You've a dress?! :O I may get on that...

I couldn't help myself really. We were over in England for the New Year, visiting my sister so we took a ramble in Debenhams one day. The sister spotted it at the end of a rail and forced me into trying it on, because we weren't planning on buying anything. It turned out to be practically a perfect fit but it was the price that swung it for us. £75 reduced to £22.50!!!

I love a good bargain.

I would be the happiest person alive if I got my dress at that bargain! I'm gonna be one of the people who spend hundreds on a dress I'll wear once! :pac:

I just got around to reading the LCVP case study for the first time on Axel Computers. Not liking it at all! Struggling to think of questions that would be asked.

I'm possibly bringing my dog in a tux?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

I'm possibly bringing my dog in a tux?

Speaking in a purely practical level, as long as your dog is properly toilet trained you'd likely be in a better state at the end of the night than some people with their dates. No puking or unwelcome sexual advances, could be quite nice!

Then there's the adorable image of a dog in a tux.. :D

Speaking in a purely practical level, as long as your dog is properly toilet trained you'd likely be in a better state at the end of the night than some people with their dates. No puking or unwelcome sexual advances, could be quite nice!

Then there's the adorable image of a dog in a tux.. :D

You see, we are on the same wavelength! I can imagine my little mutt being much more bearable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Generally people don't bring dates to the grad in my school, it's a lot more casual than the debs.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Generally people don't bring dates to the grad in my school, it's a lot more casual than the debs.

Hang on...there's a difference between a grad and the debs?!? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

My grad night just involves going to a club and getting very very drunk. Bringing a date is considered a big no no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement