Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

decisions wrote: »
    My grad night just involves going to a club and getting very very drunk. Bringing a date is considered a big no no.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

kingcobra wrote: »
    Hang on...there's a difference between a grad and the debs?!? :eek:

Grad is before the leaving cert (we've had ours), guys wear suits, girls wear dresses and we all go to a private nightclub among ourselves. There's a mass beforehand and straight after everyone goes to the pub for a few drinks including some of the teachers. Then we get the bus to the nightclub where we get heavily intoxicated. A fine night had by all.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Grad is before the leaving cert (we've had ours), guys wear suits, girls wear dresses and we all go to a private nightclub among ourselves. There's a mass beforehand and straight after everyone goes to the pub for a few drinks including some of the teachers. Then we get the bus to the nightclub where we get heavily intoxicated. A fine night had by all.

You've had yours already? Mine isn't until the end of May :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Already?! Ours is always the night of the last day ever in school, I think it's the 23rd of May. It's basically the same thing though. Mass with the families, head back to the school, abandon them with the tea and biscuits while we change out of uniform into going out clothes, then head to the pub down the road with some of the teachers and from there to a club or something. I remember some photos floating around on fb after last year's grad of a few people having pre-drinks shots in the staff room.....

Same, ours is the last day of the school year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Ours is sometime early May.

I think they want it to be early so it's out of the way before the leaving cert. The Grad is a much better night than the debs in my school.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

Are any of you guys doing 7 subjects and not studying for one?
    I do 5 honours and 2 passes (irish and math) and I'm definitely going to get atleast a B in Math, where as Irish, I'm terrible at and have my orals in 2 weeks (haven't studied.) If I do bad in my Irish oral I probably won't study much (just enough to pass) for Irish as realistically I won't count it.

Any of ye doing an lc holiday after?

Eh I'm pretty much gonna leave Physics on the back burner. A pass will do.

Not going on a LC holiday, but plan on going skydiving the 22nd. :D

• Advertisement

Elceeney wrote: »
    Are any of you guys doing 7 subjects and not studying for one?
    I do 5 honours and 2 passes (irish and math) and I'm definitely going to get atleast a B in Math, where as Irish, I'm terrible at and have my orals in 2 weeks (haven't studied.) If I do bad in my Irish oral I probably won't study much (just enough to pass) for Irish as realistically I won't count it.
    I'm putting everything into my orals, if I fail French or any other subject I need the A1 in OL Irish to cover me.

I will study everything as best as I can but if push comes to shove, French is going to take a hit. With the extra points for maths, I'm expecting to be counting it instead of French as they're probably my two weakest subjects.

haha I'd love to do a skydive aswell.

What date are ye finished? I'm done on the 14th which is mad early like :)

21st </3

17th

17th

Same, along with half the schools in Dublin from what I've heard.

Wait, are ye on about the leaving or school?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lolno

finished on the 20th, i've a week to study for ag science BOOM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Finished school 21st of may, Finished leaving the 19th of june

School the 24th, Leaving the 21st :pac:

• Advertisement

17/5 to the 5/6 is plenty if time to cram everything, be grrraaaaaaaannnndd.

Prodigious wrote: »
    Wait, are ye on about the leaving or school?

Well I'm on about the Leaving. Finished school on the 23rd.

Well after graduation attendance is optional in my school.

All of my options fell in the first week. Geog, Biology, German and Business.

I like how my lc timetable looks, no big gaps, only one day with 2 exams. Finishing on the 21st isn't the best but ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I'm gonna be going into school till the very end. Better study environment, and can always get some help. My last exam is Ag Sc, whenever it is on.

mixery wrote: »
    I'm gonna be going into school till the very end. Better study environment, and can always get some help. My last exam is Ag Sc, whenever it is on.

I think Ag Sc is the 2nd last day.

I should go in but unless a teacher is taking us for something I probably won't. If last years LCs are anything to go by nobody gets any work done.

I would stop going in from the first week in May if it wasn't for Maths. I learn nothing in every other class and that's how it's been for my entire time in secondary school.

We have to go in until the 23rd, when we officially finish. I wouldn't be surprised if we still have to go in for extra maths or something in the 2 weeks up to the exams. I'd say it'll be a push for us to finish the course on time. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I'm finished the leaving on the 14th, just so happened my options are all in the one week :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement