Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

decisions wrote: »

I can't help but wonder what that video would be like if Tiger Woods had been involved...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Prodigious wrote: »
    Class! :D Intentionally? Were you going for lucidity or what?

Can you intentionally get it? I wasn't trying to anyway, it was pretty freaky. I tried to move and then shout out but I physically wasn't able, it only lasted about 30 seconds. I didn't experience any hallucinations of an intruder or anything like some people do, but I felt like there was something in my room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Can you intentionally get it? I wasn't trying to anyway, it was pretty freaky. I tried to move and then shout out but I physically wasn't able, it only lasted about 30 seconds. I didn't experience any hallucinations of an intruder or anything like some people do, but I felt like there was something in my room.

That's pretty cool :D

When people try to Lucid dream, or Astral project too, they often have to enter sleep paralysis first to achieve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I looked it up and got a page "How to Induce Sleep Paralysis in Four easy steps". Seems interesting! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Ah lads, sleep paralysis is horrible! It's like your minds awake but your body's still asleep. It's weird, bad weird like. I only got it once a year or so ago. Makes you all panicky and uneasy. It's awful

• Advertisement

Still , be cool to experience it once!

Does the thought of maybe having to repeat make anyone else sick to the stomach?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I wish my brain could keep up with my mouth when I'm doing the French oral. I'm basically saying the first thing that comes from my mouth and it's awful. My mouth really needs to let my brain think about it first, before it goes blurting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Not doing anything else except the bare minimum of oral stuff for the rest of this break, I'm absolutely exhausted and it's a f*cking holiday, that ain't right. It's for the best I think, I've genuinely worked quite hard over Easter and if I don't chill now I won't survive the next two months. At least that's how I'm justifying this. :L

Also The National have announced Irish dates for November when I'll actually be able to go! Currently bombarding all my friends with pleas to go with me so fingers crossed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Slow Show wrote: »
    Not doing anything else except the bare minimum of oral stuff for the rest of this break, I'm absolutely exhausted and it's a f*cking holiday, that ain't right. It's for the best I think, I've genuinely worked quite hard over Easter and if I don't chill now I won't survive the next two months. At least that's how I'm justifying this. :L

Also The National have announced Irish dates for November when I'll actually be able to go! Currently bombarding all my friends with pleas to go with me so fingers crossed! :)

Irish dates for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Irish dates for what?

A concert. :p The National. 10th November in the 02. Are you a fan? :)

• Advertisement

I want to experience sleep paralysis just to see what it's like, but I'll probably be too scared to try. :P

The National <3

If only my friends were big enough fans for me to convince them to go. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Just sat down to do my two Macbeth essays I put off until now and can't even find my book :pac:

Im gone a disaster recently for misplacing my books!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

We got this letter this morning from eircom saying they are aware we were illegally downloading music, and gave a list of the music. (all of which I have never heard of before) so it clearly didn't happen by us. Aha very strange.

peekachoo wrote: »
    We got this letter this morning from eircom saying they are aware we were illegally downloading music, and gave a list of the music. (all of which I have never heard of before) so it clearly didn't happen by us. Aha very strange.

I got that too around a year ago! .. But I did know the song! :rolleyes:
    I deleted Limewire I think it was. It's a site where you can download music for free, and apparently illegally. It also contains a load of viruses, so nobody use it if it's still up! But yeah we didn't take much notice of it, just deleted that website. Youtube converter is quite good, can be slow sometimes though.

Yeah I deleted whatever music I did have but my mam is freaking out. I was never taking much notice like but the woman thinks we're gonna be jailed or something it's hilarious haha!!

Hey, hey Eircom!

....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

UPC FTW! :cool:

UPC FTW! :cool:

Amen to that, 100mB/s and a f*ck you to hollywood.

Yeah I deleted whatever music I did have but my mam is freaking out. I was never taking much notice like but the woman thinks we're gonna be jailed or something it's hilarious haha!!

Out of curiosity do you use anything like Vuze or Tor?

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity do you use anything like Vuze or Tor?

I have vuze but haven't used it in at least 6+ months, never bothered to update it!

I <3 TED

Seriously if you have a spare 20 min watch a Ted talk or 2. Really good for essay/speech ideas in P1.

Ah lads, amateurs. Pretty sure it's against to rules to tell you how to download, but all one needs to do is imagine a bay. A bay of pirates. As in a Pirate Bay. But just not any pirate bay, this one is significant, you might call it ThePirateBay. :rolleyes:

Eircom blocked ye olde pirate bay years ago and proxy tunnels are way too much effort ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

We're stuck with eircom too unfortunately! Wish there was UPC here. Is it just Limewire that eircom can tell by? Or other methods of downloading too? Apparently they give you 3 chances blocking you for various lengths each time after your first.

They sent us a list saying they can tell by bit-torrent, utorrent, limewire bearshare and vuze.
    Also in the letter they said it's our second warning but it definitely isn't because if we had a letter before the parents would have said something!
    Ah I dunno I'd say them lads are all over the place at eircom :P

They sent us a list saying they can tell by bit-torrent, utorrent, limewire bearshare and vuze.
    Also in the letter they said it's our second warning but it definitely isn't because if we had a letter before the parents would have said something!

I'd definatly delete Vuze and I'd email them about the 2nd warning thing to get that sorted out. It could come back to bite you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Uh oh :P although my brother has been downloading for ages and loads of other people who I know download from utorrent all the time and they haven't gotten any letters! I wonder if they actually cut anyone off properly for downloading, I'd say if they did it to many they'd lose a good bit of business!

I can't multi quote via phone but decisions; I have it uninstalled along with any music I had downloaded previously, I think mam is ringing them tomorrow because our neighbours hacked our WiFi before and it could possibly be them!
    And cookiemonster; yeah I don't know anyone that actually pays for music!

• Advertisement

Lads, I think I've found some motivation to get me through the orals: NFL Division 1 and 2 finals in Croke Park on the 28th.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement