Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

is there anyone else in here from the midlands? if so do you hate the fact there is nothing to do round here and all the concerts etc are in Dublin? :( Id love to go to the national concert but getting there etc would just be such an effort! :(

oh and my blog passed 600 views today absolutely delighted with that only thing that cheered me up after studying for 8 hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

is there anyone else in here from the midlands? if so do you hate the fact there is nothing to do round here and all the concerts etc are in Dublin? Id love to go to the national concert but getting there etc would just be such an effort!

Yeah it's annoying when all the concerts and big events happen in Dublin only. Like, come to Galway! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Shlane 2013 is where it's at :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Try living in Tipp! Going to see a band means getting up at 6 to get the train to Dublin and forking out for a hotel for the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

West Limerick :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Westmeath all the way \o/ But yeah it is fierce annoying.

I have my plans already figured our for next year though if I go to Maynooth. For any gigs/nights out in Dublin, the night link runs from Dublin to Maynooth so I'm sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone have ideas for an English essay? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Traveling to Dublin takes a lot of the fun out of concerts, becomes a nightmare at times :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lolno

i wanted to go to college in dublin partially because of gigs, still want to go...but the rents won't let me:(

Im on the Ross westmeath border and there's just nothing going on in the west of the country I went to nick Flannery in Galway but there's rarely anything else! The travelling just ruins it!

• Advertisement

Im on the Ross westmeath border and there's just nothing going on in the west of the country I went to nick Flannery in Galway but there's rarely anything else! The travelling just ruins it!

Do you happen to be from the Roscommon part of Athlone, all most? :p I myself am from the Roscommon/Galway border!

ray2012 wrote: »
    Do you happen to be from the Roscommon part of Athlone, all most? :p I myself am from the Roscommon/Galway border!

im on the Ross side but go to school in athlone!

im on the Ross side but go to school in athlone!

Knew it. I pass there almost every week :D

Westmeath all the way \o/ But yeah it is fierce annoying.

I have my plans already figured our for next year though if I go to Maynooth. For any gigs/nights out in Dublin, the night link runs from Dublin to Maynooth so I'm sorted.

You from anywhere near athlone? Or is it north westmeath? Yeah maynooth is very handy that way!

Knew it. I pass there almost every week :D

you close enough to it yourself?

you close enough to it yourself?

Yup, in Ballinasloe so it's not too far!

Yup, in Ballinasloe so it's not too far!

there's actually a lot of people from ballinasloe in my year atm!

there's actually a lot of people from ballinasloe in my year atm!

Yeah I know a lot of people from here that go to school in Athlone. My school used to have a bad name, but it's not that bad at all now.

Yeah I know a lot of people from here that go to school in Athlone. My school used to have a bad name, but it's not that bad at all now.

my school seems to be getting worse with every year was one of the best in the midlands not so sure anymore!

You from anywhere near athlone? Or is it north westmeath? Yeah maynooth is very handy that way!

Central, Mullingar

• Advertisement

Central, Mullingar

what course you looking at in maynooth? :)

what course you looking at in maynooth? :)

*Prepares to be chased with flaming pitchforks*

Arts, most likely. I'm really liking the idea of English, geography and psychology. :)

What about yourself?

my school seems to be getting worse with every year was one of the best in the midlands not so sure anymore!

Community college?

Arts, most likely. I'm really liking the idea of English, geography and psychology. :)

What about yourself?

I know a couple of people doing it and love it :) I nearly ended up doing psychology last summer but turned it down in the end! Physiotherapy was 30 points short last year hopefully this year will be different :)

Community college?

yup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

What about yourself?

oh dear... would you not like to do something with your life? I dunno maybe become a geologist, journalist or maybe a psychologist? Or are you a sheep willing to be another pawn in somebody's master plan....go to school, become a teacher, marry someone you can tolerate, have 2 children, die.

While I admire the sustainability of your planned family management I must warn you "this is your life and it's ending one minute at a time"

yup :)

Ah not so bad, I know a few people who go/went there!

Ah not so bad, I know a few people who go/went there!

have to say the ballinasloe lads are some craic! I presume your in garbally?

oh dear... would you not like to do something with your life? I dunno maybe become a geologist, journalist or maybe a psychologist? Or are you a sheep willing to be another pawn in somebody's master plan....go to school, become a teacher, marry someone you can tolerate, have 2 children, die.

While I admire the sustainability of your planned family management I must warn you "this is your life and it's ending one minute at a time"

I'll keep that in mind.

Not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

ouch. :O

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement