Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

When you say you have to think is it masculine or feminine is that just for la or le or for adjectives you mean?

That wasn't me who said that but you need to know it for like la cuisine, la fac an then for adjectives to make them agree like beau/belle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

oh tbh I never think of the adjectives at all I just keep yapping. What would be an example of beau belle used in different contexts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

oh tbh I never think of the adjectives at all I just keep yapping. What would be an example of beau belle used in different contexts?
    la belle fille, le beau garcon

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

When you say you have to think is it masculine or feminine is that just for la or le or for adjectives you mean?

Both. The 'le/la/un/une' and also the adjectives. A few examples are :

La belle langue
    Le beau pays
    e.g - Je trouve la langue tres intéressante
    e.g - Je trouve le
    livre tres intéressant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Ok I get it I think I do it without thinking sometimes but I could brush up on adjectives for sure, cheers!

• Advertisement

I've come to the conclusion that I may actually survive on my own if I move out next year. Since the parents left for a concert earlier I have : entertained some visitors (albeit it was possibly the most awkward 20 minutes of my life) by making them tea (which I never do) and providing them with apple tart, made myself some noodles, rewashed the dishes that my brother only half washed, filled and put on the dishwasher, put coal and stuff on the fire and pulled the curtains in every room in the house. And all in the space of little more than an hour.

I've come to the conclusion that I may actually survive on my own if I move out next year. Since the parents left for a concert earlier I have : entertained some visitors (albeit it was possibly the most awkward 20 minutes of my life) by making them tea (which I never do) and providing them with apple tart, made myself some noodles, rewashed the dishes that my brother only half washed, filled and put on the dishwasher, put coal and stuff on the fire and pulled the curtains in every room in the house. And all in the space of little more than an hour.
    Wow, I'd be stumped at the thought of having to entertain people let alone make them tea!
    Although being totally serious I don't know how I'd survive on my own. How the hell would I ever get up in time by myself? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

This is only the start of the LC dreams I think.

How many points are ye hoping to go up by from the mocks?

I got 585 in the pres, so I suppose just keep doing what I'm doing and I should hopefully be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Radio Colm is live, for anyone else like me who isnt studying!

http://mixlr.com/radiocolm/chat/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Colm! why you not tell us you were live tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

... let alone make them tea!
    Um ...

1) Rinse teapot with small quantity of boiling water; discard water down sink.
    2) Drop in teabag(s)
    3) Fill with boiling water
    4) Serve in cups / mugs, accompanied by optional milk / sugar.

It's not exactly rocket science! :p:D
    How the hell would I ever get up in time by myself? :P
    Admittedly, this can pose more problems.

nV2to43Ze_Clocky.jpg

I need one of these, it runs away and hides while making noise.

I could probably just about survive on my own. But id need house keys permanently attached to my body. I'm always forgetting them.

decisions wrote: »
    I need one of these, it runs away and hides while making noise.

I need one of these, it makes you a cup of tea when your alarm goes off!

STM100.jpg

I need one of these
    That could also be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Em.. you're on your own, why would you bother waking up?

Anyway, I wasted majority of the holidays, only got about a quarter of what I wanted to do done, and still have lots of homework to complete by monday. Arghh c'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Had an insanely productive first week, the second week was a bit of a disaster all things considered but happy enough overall I guess. Actually delighted to be going back to school, worst holiday ever.:p

It didn't really feel like a holiday at all :(

I keep changing my mind about the CAO :L

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I wish I had more options than two on my cao :pac:

I had a dream last night I got 572 points :P I also forgot to check my Hpat results.. Strange dreams!

• Advertisement

I had a dream last night I got 572 points :P I also forgot to check my Hpat results.. Strange dreams!

Didn't I tell ya we were only at the beginning of the LC dreams!

Didn't I tell ya we were only at the beginning of the LC dreams!

I'm pretty sure that was one of my first ones about points.. Thanks guys, now all I'm gonna dream about is te leaving cert :P my dream was actually way more weird than that though..

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

How do ye find Biology?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

barry194 wrote: »
    How do ye find Biology?

To be honest, it's one of my least favourite subjects. I just find it ridiculously boring, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I remember in the lead-up to JC results I dreamt I got an R in Irish. Devastating.

Mam has decided that today shall be a day of debs dress shopping so I'm prepping on the internet beforehand, ugh is anyone else just not bothered? Don't even know where to look tbh, such effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

My ex debs date threw it back in my face yesterday over a bullsh1t argument. </3

Dunno what I'm going to do now, going to have to chill on the whole thing for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

ray2012 wrote: »
    To be honest, it's one of my least favourite subjects. I just find it ridiculously boring, to be honest.

Ah stop its awful. I literally can't do it. Had to go down to pass to have any chace of getting some points from it.

Its the last day of work to do and I've still got pile of work to do, and I didn't even get an acceptably small mount of oral work done over the last two weeks, they've been a total write-off!

I can already feel my Junior Cert disaster playing itself out again, I did really well in the Pres and then went onto autopilot for the rest of the year and laid back and went down massively for my results in the real thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

I seem to dream in Irish all the time lately, its slightly worrying :L
    Also got a bad case of tonsillitis at the moment, better be gone by the end of the week!

• Advertisement

I was the opposite, didn't do as well as I wanted to in the JC mocks and was slightly gutted and managed to pull the grades up for the real thing. If I could do the same this time around I'd be delighted.

I had such great plans to really get some worl done today but my head feels like it's about to split open :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement