Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

In comhrá-related new, talking about unemployment is bound to lead to emigration isn't it? Did anyone do anything on eisimirce cos' that's potentially nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

1,2,3,10,20 <3<3<3<3
    If any of them came out I think I'd be speechless I'd be so happy.

The two cooking ones (8 and 18?), the tidy towns (14?), the end bit of 19. I shudder to even think about them.

Everything else in between could go either way really.

If I get one of the ones that have been modified for Colm vs. The Sraith Pictúirí there's a fair chance I will lol in my exam :pac: Also, if the examiner asks "Cá bhfuil tú i do chónaí?" or "Cad as tú?" I... I just won't be able to cope. "F*ck it, Robert" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

In comhrá-related new, talking about unemployment is bound to lead to emigration isn't it? Did anyone do anything on eisimirce cos' that's potentially nasty

My way of avoiding that question .. just not mentioning unemployment! :p

The only social problem I usually try to talk about is drugs/alcohol as I've prepared those..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I'm really tempted to go in and say something like "Bhuel, tá a lán taithí agam leis na drugaí! Bhain mé triall as hearóin don chéad uair an seachtain seo caite. Níor bhain mé taitneamh as in aon chor!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Oh my god if I get Scolaire Na Bliana I actually might cry. It's disgusting, like that must've been the point where the Sraith Pictiur makers just said 'lol fuq dis' and gave up, THERE ARE THREE PICTURES OF ALMOST THE EXACT SAME THING. Ugh.

Other than that I dislike the Malaga one, the Simon community one and the one in the Gaeltacht, the tidy towns one (so little to say) and comortas cocaireachta. If I get anything other than those I'll be happy enough. Fingers crossed for 1 or 2 though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

How do they lay out the SP in the oral? In my mock the examiner held the sheets up in a bundle so i could see through the page what the closest one to me was. I picked that one cause i knew it, Irish college one :)

peekachoo wrote: »
    How do they lay out the SP in the oral? In my mock the examiner held the sheets up in a bundle so i could see through the page what the closest one to me was. I picked that one cause i knew it, Irish college one :)

Last year they had them piled up inside an envelope and we were asked to pick one. Could depend on the examiner though because I've heard of it being done in other ways

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I heard of examiners giving people a choice of which one they wanted to do would love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Well my teacher, is an oral examiner inspector (higher up than an oral examiner) and what he has is this sort of half envelop thing which they're all in and he holds it upright with the blank sides facing you and asks you to pick whichever one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

They put ours in a brown envelope you can't see in , the hold it and you pulled one out , wow i just saw someone say that the examiner let you pick one that is seriously not allowed :/ haha

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Well my teacher, is an oral examiner inspector (higher up than an oral examiner) and what he has is this sort of half envelop thing which they're all in and he holds it upright with the blank sides facing you and asks you to pick whichever one!
    I had an oral yesterday and he used half a brown envelope thing aswell. And the sraith pictiurs were all printed on card so you couldn't see through.

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    wow i just saw someone say that the examiner let you pick one that is seriously not allowed :/ haha

He asked them which one they wanted to do before hand. He seemed to make up his own rules and do whatever he wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

ray2012 wrote: »
    My way of avoiding that question .. just not mentioning unemployment! :p

The only social problem I usually try to talk about is drugs/alcohol as I've prepared those..

My plan too, I have drugs an drink, so Ill try to stay away from unemployment.(fingers crossed)

I dont like the whole pick your poison thing, with you picking the S.P, I'm just such an unlucky person!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I am seriously more worried about the sraith Pictuir than the comhra, you can bluff the comhra a fair bit but the sraith Pictuir UGGGGHHHH, and there's 20! It's just pure nasty imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

bit of a longshot here but does anyone have the marking scheme for the Examcraft HL maths paper 1?

Jade. wrote: »
    He asked them which one they wanted to do before hand. He seemed to make up his own rules and do whatever he wanted.

hahah thats crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Ahhhhhhhhhh only hit me now the Leaving Cert is starting for real this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

good luck everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Good luck everyone with their orals! My French one is tomorrow, hoping it goes well! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

My German oral is not on for another few days, but I'm still fairly worried. On one hand I feel like I'm not doing enough, on the other that I'm doing too much compared to other subjects. I just want it to be over, so I can get on with other work..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

How would one solve this?

F(x) = 2x^3 + ax^2 -17x+b

Given that (x-1) and (x+4) are factors of F(X) find the values of a and b

Just the steps will do, no need to work it all out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Sub in x=1 and x= -4 then equate the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

For anyone doing Irish this week;

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=We0Y1ECBGHg&sns=fb&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWe0Y1ECBGHg%26sns%3Dfb

Sorry for the bad link blame my poxy phone :P

mixery wrote: »
    My German oral is not on for another few days, but I'm still fairly worried. On one hand I feel like I'm not doing enough, on the other that I'm doing too much compared to other subjects. I just want it to be over, so I can get on with other work..

Exactly how i feel! couldn't have put it any better

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I've a bet on Scott to win the Masters....the nerves I'll feel the in the oral tomorrow are absolutely nothing compared to this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Arghh I hate you so much now! Can't wait for the summer to spend a couple of nights simply grinding on FM!

My ag. sc. project is officially finished. It's not the longest but original, so I'm hopefull of a good grade. It's also another weekend where I've done nothing in maths, not even opened a book ;/ .

How's the weather like in other parts of the country? In the 'sunny south east' it's "vindictive wind and rain". So much so the electricity was down. Couldn't even go shopping...

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Nuim accomodation applications next week? :o what about ucd? Does it matter if u apply for accomodation in different colleges?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ErinT

Doing German oral this week and i have no idea where to start ! :( any websites that can help ?? :D

• Advertisement

All my friends from that don't go to my school are all finished Irish now! Jp jealous they never have to look at a sraith pictiur again!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement