Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Had my French oral today! Went fairly good, I must say! Could have been a lot worse, could have been better, overall I'm happy. Hoping I managed an A in it..! Really liked the examiner, she was really sound and let us speak. She didn't interrupt us much. But she didn't ask me anything about my past-times/music/sport O__o I tried bringing them in but she just refused to ask me.. Got asked 1 or 2 tough questions I hadn't prepared and that I didn't do great on, like for my document on environment, she asked me what I think of the water tax being introduced in 2014.. Also got asked on what I would do if I was president to combat the problem of unemployment in my town. That was a tough question as I hadn't prepared unemployment really.. But overall, I'm pleased!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

today the entire year had to meet the irish oral examiner at 9am before he started, we were all sitting in the libary expecting some old cranky man from the gaeltacht to walk in the door, but no, instead in walks this really handsome 20 something year old, i think everyone was just in a state of both shock and love..... one girl even joked about asking for his fón uimhir when he asks for her scruduimhir :p this should be a fun week !

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

today the entire year had to meet the irish oral examiner at 9am before he started, we were all sitting in the libary expecting some old cranky man from the gaeltacht to walk in the door, but no, instead in walks this really handsome 20 something year old, i think everyone was just in a state of both shock and love..... one girl even joked about asking for his fón uimhir when he asks for her scruduimhir :p this should be a fun week !

Same here with french haha we were all expecting this middle aged man and next minute this 20 something year old god walked in :) haven't got mine until tomorrow but kind of looking forward to it now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

The exact same thing happened in my school hahha, unless you're secretly in my school ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Irish oral finished. Went well I think. Got Baile Slachtmhar and An tEarrach Thiar, both of which were lovely. Cómhra was okay, was generally fine but didn't really get in much essay topic stuff. My Modh Chionnoilach was poor as well as there wasn't really any particularly nice questions from which I could bring it in easily. Yer one just kinda sat there and told me to go. Was very passive thoughout, though I was at the end of the day, so I'd say she was sick of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

German Oral today, thanks be to god it's done. Got the Camping Picture series (Which I hate) and the Airport Roleplay. Went well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Would it be too cheeky to ask your examiner after the oral what mark you got? They're bound to have a rough idea surely

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Oh god Id love to ask what I got so bad. Its gonna be awful never knowing :(

This is very late to be asking, but yano how the sraith pictuirs are out of 80 marks? 50 is for telling the story and 10 is for questions.. Whats the other 20 for??

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Would it be too cheeky to ask your examiner after the oral what mark you got? They're bound to have a rough idea surely

Wouldn't really thinks its cheeky but there not supposed to tell you so they'll probably just say nothing to you

deise_girl wrote: »
    Oh god Id love to ask what I got so bad. Its gonna be awful never knowing :(

This is very late to be asking, but yano how the sraith pictuirs are out of 80 marks? 50 is for telling the story and 10 is for questions.. Whats the other 20 for??

Your grammar/structure I think :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

YES , do not ask them :/

Dayum :( Don't wanna wait

Deise, it's for cruinnes na Gaeilge. Your accuracy

^ I know at the end of mine today, I mentioned that I was hoping for an A1 in Irish and she just said "oh your well able for it don't be worrying about that" so like I'd just take it from that how I got on, so you could do something like that, I just wouldn't come straight out and ask it!

Approx 40 hours to learn off all 20 sraiths.

Challenge accepted. :pac:

Glee_GG wrote: »
    ^ I know at the end of mine today, I mentioned that I was hoping for an A1 in Irish and she just said "oh your well able for it don't be worrying about that" so like I'd just take it from that how I got on, so you could do something like that, I just wouldn't come straight out and ask it!

Yeah, true :) Might have a sly peep at their results sheet either :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

peekachoo wrote: »
    Approx 40 hours to learn off all 20 sraiths.

Challenge accepted. :pac:

Christ, good luck. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Had my oral. It was great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Yeah, true :) Might have a sly peep at their results sheet either :pac:
    Tried that. Saw I got 18/20 on Cruinneas I think. Couldn't see the rest though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Did my Leaving last year but I just wanted to say good luck to all of you lads doing your orals this week <3 And make sure you don't sneeze on the tape recorder like I did and you'll be fine :pac:

Rumour has it that somebody uploaded the notes from the cd of the English book "New Explorations".
    If anyone would like to have the link, PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Prodigious wrote: »
    Rumour has it that somebody uploaded the notes from the cd of the English book "New Explorations".
    If anyone would like to have the link, PM me.

What's on the cd?

Notes about all the poets and their poems. It's a pdf.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Prodigious wrote: »
    Notes about all the poets and their poems. It's a pdf.

Oh really I didn't even know it existed I could have doing with it all year

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LiamGGG

argh. french oral tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Could you send me it please?
    How did the orals go peeps?
    Anyone apply for sciem conaithe anywhere??

Am I the only one feeling bad over sympathizing with myself over having exams and there's people in America being bombed :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I lost everything in my life last week and I feel horrible. life is hard.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I think im going insane.. Im having random bouts of "OMGGGGGG IM GONNA DO SO BAD AND THIS IS MY LC" but then I go into total chill mode like "come on dude youve got this". So much depends on my sraith pictuir(i know that sounds ridic) but itll either knock me assunder or give me confidence!

Sorry to hear, hope things pick up.

Is it bad that when I heard about the Boston bombing the first thing I thought was "s**t what if i get asked about this in the oral?!" D:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I guess I'm fortunate enough to be Irish exemed. I wonder if all those people that say they've come in unprepared are speaking the truth. I guess I don't know too many people that like doing Irish. I think one of those days I might join the LC reform debate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement