Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Met our Irish examiner today he was so lovely that I feel so relaxed now about tomorrow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I got Geibheann :D
    Kinda messed up the SP, I got the Malaga one which wasn't too bad but I forgot the word for holiday and there was this really awkward silence until he told me :(
    v. happy with my comhra though I got in everything I wanted to :)

I saw all the marks i got also? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

peekachoo wrote: »
    I got Geibheann :D
    Kinda messed up the SP, I got the Malaga one which wasn't too bad but I forgot the word for holiday and there was this really awkward silence until he told me :(
    v. happy with my comhra though I got in everything I wanted to :)

I saw all the marks i got also? :P

Did you have a peek? What'd you get? :D

Prodigious wrote: »
    Did you have a peek? What'd you get? :D

you're punny. :D 5/5, 35/35, 57/80 and I didn't see my comhra! Delighted with that since I'm aiming for a mid-C :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

So relieved Im done iswell! Got Mo Ghra Sa which I got in the last few practice orals so I was happy(I obvz give off some sort of vibe with it) and I got the summer jobs picture. Which like it could have been way, way worse but there was a phrase or two at the end I had wanted to say that I didnt!
    Then the comhra was like a proper conversation, Id say something and then he'd start talking to me about something related and ask a question on that. And there was lots of smiles and chuckles so Im ar neamh about it all tbh :D
    I was also looking at what I got during the comhra haha I saw it for the faltiu, poem and the overall for the sraith pictuir! He didnt have t he comhra one written though! |: :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

well the examiner said that I was easily the most memorable person he's ever come across in his years of doing the work so that counts for something right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

French oral out of the way. No awful questions so I'm fairly happy with it. Our examiner is actually the nicest woman ever, if I could bring her home with me I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

French oral went pretty well. :) It wasn't perfect but decent enough, I feel, I don't think I could've done an awful lot better given the circumstances. So strange though after all of the possible topics I've covered, I only discussed the tiniest amount...My examiner was grand, she generally let me talk away and only interrupted me once, so yeah I dunno, delighted to have it over with anyway, such relief after leaving that room. :D

Now time for Irish, it might be a while before I stop thinking in French though...

French oral out of the way. No awful questions so I'm fairly happy with it. Our examiner is actually the nicest woman ever, if I could bring her home with me I would.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

I thought mine went okay. Poem and picture sequence went okay, got the working in the hotel one! Didn't do amazing in the questions, but I got asked the modh con, so does that mean she thought i was good? (in pass btw) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

The Beannú, Poetry Reading and the Sraith Pictiúr went like a dream, got Spailpín Fánach and Baile Slachtmhar, not too bad :) The comhrá was a bit shaky though, a good few questions which I didn't understand... overall went better than I thought it would go, glad to have it out of the way :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Any Irish word beginning with a P that takes B as an uru is a nightmare. They sound so similar that when I speak in any way fast it sounds like I've forgotten the uru when I haven't and if I make a conscious to pronounce the b sound I end up sounding really unnatural.It'd be very annoying if I lost any marks on my cruineass because of that :( It's the same story with t and d. My examiner will hopefully give any benefit of the doubt cos' to lose marks when I know the grammar would annoy me 'till no end

These are the worries I have, not sraiths or MC but bloody urus :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Jaysus, my German oral isn't on for another week. Anyway, I've got bigger worries atm - http://www.met.ie/weathermaps/nat00_wind.png?1956 </3 S-E.

Anyone else find it hard to believe that a part of the actual LC is done? The message still hasn't really reached my brain yet.

My Amazon order finally arrived yesterday \o/ I now have stuff to read again! It's been faaaaar too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Anyone else find it hard to believe that a part of the actual LC is done? The message still hasn't really reached my brain yet.

My Amazon order finally arrived yesterday \o/ I now have stuff to read again! It's been faaaaar too long.

Yeah me, I know I need these few weeks to study but I really want to finish this tw*t now :p

Has anyone got any letters from colleges they applied for?
    Got a letter from NUIM today, basically saying thank you have a leaflet. Nice chaps.

Has anyone got any letters from colleges they applied for?
    Got a letter from NUIM today, basically saying thank you have a leaflet. Nice chaps.

Got the same one, in the lovely yellow envelope. Am I a complete weirdo or do you love the smell of their little booklet yoke?

I had ones from Griffith and DBS a while ago too. It was a case of opening it, glancing at it and then straight in the bin because I really have no intention of going there.

I did enjoy the smell! Also I got a laugh coz I knew the guy on the front cover aha I nearly choked! So is it just a thing the smaller colleges do? Most of my friends applied for UCC, UCD etc and none of them got anything.

I did enjoy the smell! Also I got a laugh coz I knew the guy on the front cover aha I nearly choked! So is it just a thing the smaller colleges do? Most of my friends applied for UCC, UCD etc and none of them got anything.

It must be or else everywhere else is just taking there time because NUIM are the only place on my Level 8 list that have sent me anything.

I feel special :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

So far I've gotten ones from WIT, NUIG and Carlow IT ;) (I think CIT emailed me and I haven't heard anything from the other colleges!)

CIT have been the only person to contact me through email. They also visited us to basically tell us everything that was in the email in person. :pac:

I'm gonna be a nervous wreck going into my oral tomorrow. Always makes me read the poems wrong :rolleyes:

CIT never emailed me. Perhaps they somehow knew that I'm taking them off my CAO :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I got a letter from NUIM, I actually forgot that I had applied there and it's way down on the list. The booklet smelled divine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

ahhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

CIT emailed me and it showed up in my inbox as "Cork Institute of Techno."

We picked our grad song earlier :'(

We picked our grad song earlier :'(

What is it?

Prodigious wrote: »
    What is it?

"Today my life begins" by Bruno Mars which I had never heard before today but it's do damn catchy!!

I knew there'd be a time when I'd hate my surname beginning with an M. Irish oral won't be until Thursday/Friday because of the way they split the year in the middle of the Ms. I got the awkward position of number 79 so I'm just at the end/start of the day too. There's only 6 people after me and I'll be the last to do it from my class by like 15 people :(

• Advertisement

So happy with how my Irish oral went today! Our examiner in so lovely felt so natural taking to him didn't feel like an exam :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement