Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

These boys here create a fairly handy Sraith Pictiúr...

601697_448592491884898_131026837_n.jpg

:D

EDIT: By the way, this was from the Criú Craiceáilte Facebook page, it's not my image or page whatsoever but it's class :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Is there any revision courses coming up between now and LC?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    Yea i know what you mean , at least tenth gives you a little time , you better just go in really early , its unfortunate but you will probably remember more than you think! Just even skimming over stuff for an hour or whatever will help to bring it back to your mind, good luck anyway!

Yeah thank you :) now to make it all worse I have my mom giving out to me :( had French last week and forgot my document cause I wasn't supposed to be till the day after and was not as prepared as I could have been but it was find in the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Yeah thank you :) now to make it all worse I have my mom giving out to me :( had French last week and forgot my document cause I wasn't supposed to be till the day after and was not as prepared as I could have been but it was find in the end :)

Ohh :/ if it makes you feel any better a good few people in my year who did a document regretted it and said they were not fully prepared for the questions on it , i don't know i didn't do one. Do you think your oral went fast , mine felt ages! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Has anyone done their Spanish Oral yet? I was just wondering what type of questions they are asking? My teacher hasn't given us any notes for the oral, a few introductory lines for us to say but that's it. Does anyone know what they'd say for the recession? Or what other social problems are ye learning about? Stressing out. :o Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Ohh :/ if it makes you feel any better a good few people in my year who did a document regretted it and said they were not fully prepared for the questions on it , i don't know i didn't do one. Do you think your oral went fast , mine felt ages! :p

God no i thought it flew! I said i went on holidays to france last summer and she changed the topic completely but after the oral was over she asked me about my holiday in english :( i was so annoyed cause i knew so much about it. I was so nervous cause I was in class and got called out to have it. So glad it's over now!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I don't know whether to bring a document into my French or not. My teacher was out for four months so we never really prepared one she only came back a few weeks ago and made us have one but I don't feel I've much prepared on it.

It's a picture on a ride in Disneyland Paris but now I feel it could lead me to a few awkward questions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Has anyone done their Spanish Oral yet? I was just wondering what type of questions they are asking? My teacher hasn't given us any notes for the oral, a few introductory lines for us to say but that's it. Does anyone know what they'd say for the recession? Or what other social problems are ye learning about? Stressing out. :o Thanks!

For social problems I just have something prepared on problems in my town :)
    Just the usual( drugs, alcohol) really.
    I need to prepare something for the recession!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

David1994 wrote: »
    For social problems I just have something prepared on problems in my town :)
    Just the usual( drugs, alcohol) really.
    I need to prepare something for the recession!

Thanks! :) A friend in another school just told me they got asked about peer pressure, they just tied that in with drugs/alcohol.

Yeah for the recession I'll just say the basics, there aren't any jobs etc. Maybe Espero que haya mas oportunidades en el futuro proximo? (Subjunctive :D) I hope there will be more opportunities in the future, to finish it off? Hopefully that would leave me onto what I want to do in college.

Jade. wrote: »
    I don't know whether to bring a document into my French or not. My teacher was out for four months so we never really prepared one she only came back a few weeks ago and made us have one but I don't feel I've much prepared on it.

It's a picture on a ride in Disneyland Paris but now I feel it could lead me to a few awkward questions

Honestly if you don't feel fully confident with your document i wouldn't bother bringing it in because it could bring you down! They can ask quite tricky questions which if you haven't prepared can be hard to make up on the spot, i do understand if you have spent some time on it and don't want it to go to waste , its a nice idea but if your not too bothered i would leave it out! just my opinion

• Advertisement

I know i'm not doing spanish so i don't know but i think it would be useful to look over what people have said came up in their french because they seem to ask very similar things!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

I did mine on Tuesday. As I said before, my examiner was nice but I thought the questions were a bit strange, and it really felt like an exam and not a conversation. She didn't let us ramble at all, I think I got a max of 4 sentences before being cut off and asked a different question. If she knew you were good, she kept switching tenses which was a bit of a pain but was easy so long as you stayed calm. I wasn't asked social problems or a conditional question, but I threw that + the subjunctive in together, si fuera posible me encantaria....

To be honest I just wouldn't get too worked up about it. It flies in, you more than likely won't get asked anything you haven't prepared for as it can only last ten minutes, and they HAVE to cover x of the basics.

Honestly if you don't feel fully confident with your document i wouldn't bother bringing it in because it could bring you down! They can ask quite tricky questions which if you haven't prepared can be hard to make up on the spot, i do understand if you have spent some time on it and don't want it to go to waste , its a nice idea but if your not too bothered i would leave it out! just my opinion

Ya that's what I'm thinking I would be able to talk about it but they could throw questions that I might get stuck on. Im not until Tuesday though and in my opinion my whole class are in the same situation with theirs so I can see tomorrow if the examiner was asking them questions they couldn't answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I got asked to the debs. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

peekachoo wrote: »

Congrats!

We had our debs back in November haha.. best night of your life, trust me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

What did you say? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Legion. wrote: »
    We had our debs back in November haha.. best night of your life, trust me!

What? That's VERY early!? Ours is 6th of August

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

David1994 wrote: »
    True... :P I would have to say my ideal one to get would of been number 9(where the school went on fire) ! It has really nice vocab which kinda let you show more knowledge of the language I suppose :L

Number nine, number nine, number nine
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVf5Cr4M-F8

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Prodigious wrote: »
    What did you say? :P

"I suppose" gahaha :D

• Advertisement

"I suppose" gahaha :D

Ouch! :P Congrats :D

What? That's VERY early!? Ours is 6th of August

I'm up in Donegal.. all the schools around here do them November - January. Not sure why, suppose it prevents some absolute wasters from being more worried about their debs than their exams..

Anyone use Revise Wise Biology and find it any good?

I know most revision books are rubbish but the book isn't helping me :pac:

I love it! it is the only revision book that i use for any subject, i think it has all the info needed and i find it easy to study out of.

I love it! it is the only revision book that i use for any subject, i think it has all the info needed and i find it easy to study out of.

Thanks I'll get it so! I normally don't use revision books but I feel like I get nowhere with the biology book it's so big :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Ya, It's great, but i wouldn't use revise wise for every subject. What subjects are you doing? If u want i can tell you want i use?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

My grad will be in November too :P

On a different note, I've been studying Hopkins all day, and I now find myself thinking in Old English T__T

Thanks I'll get it so! I normally don't use revision books but I feel like I get nowhere with the biology book it's so big :)

Yea i do think you should get it , my friends liked it too , i don't either , just this :p i think the biology book has way too much , stuff that you don't need i just use it to refer back to after revise wise.

My parents are being dicks about moving out :(

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement