Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

We had the world's most annoying sub for biology the last few days and if she's still here tomorrow I might actually blow a fuse. Thankfully we've finished the course so we're just revising, well I am anyway she keeps trying to give us work to do though.

She wandered around the last day asking us all how we got on in the mocks, not just 'were you happy' but 'what grade did you get' and then shushes us if we so much as whisper.

I will not be a happy bunny if I see her face in my favourite class tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Cant wait to get my irish oral done. Doing OL so I'm gonna wing the sraith with basic sentences and hopefully nail the general conversation and the poem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Freaking out over German is an understatement. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I felt very confident all the time for my French oral now not so much! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Royally fúcked for German!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Jade. wrote: »
    I felt very confident all the time for my French oral now not so much! :(
    Why are you not confident anymore?

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    Why are you not confident anymore?

I'm just panicking now feeling like I know nothing! I don't think I'll be untill Tuesday so if the examiner seems nice tomorrow hopefully I'll feel a bit more confident!

I'm just panicking now feeling like I know nothing! I don't think I'll be untill Tuesday so if the examiner seems nice tomorrow hopefully I'll feel a bit more confident!

I see i think everyone gets that feeling you are not alone! You definitely know more than you think ;) I'm sure that will happen! best of luck :)

Royally fúcked for German!

do you know (or anyone doing German) if we will definitely be asked have we seen a German film? I would love to waste a minute or two raving about Lola Rennt!

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    I see i think everyone gets that feeling you are not alone! You definitely know more than you think ;) I'm sure that will happen! best of luck :)

I think it's the fact it's my first French oral we've only ever been asked questions in class! :/ thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

The german oral examiner asks you if you want to talk about a book or a movie you have seen. However I think its something that would be discussed in depth if you said yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Well, I found out today I didn't get a part on my musical and to be honest I'm not too bothered I was expecting it, i knew I wouldn't get a part, but I have to admit I am slightly disappointed, and it keeps playing on my mind, and I can't concentrate, and my Irish oral is tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestions?

Prodigious wrote: »
    The german oral examiner asks you if you want to talk about a book or a movie you have seen. However I think its something that would be discussed in depth if you said yes.

I have a summary and various questions prepared, did you like it/what did you think of x character/did you have a hard time understanding the film/had you any criticisms, so I think I would be okay (would I?)

peekachoo wrote: »
    do you know (or anyone doing German) if we will definitely be asked have we seen a German film? I would love to waste a minute or two raving about Lola Rennt!

Why not just bring it in yourself! You can direct the conversation so include it :)

I have a summary and various questions prepared, did you like it/what did you think of x character/did you have a hard time understanding the film/had you any criticisms, so I think I would be okay (would I?)

I didn't do the question but I'd imagine you are!

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Well, I found out today I didn't get a part on my musical and to be honest I'm not too bothered I was expecting it, i knew I wouldn't get a part, but I have to admit I am slightly disappointed, and it keeps playing on my mind, and I can't concentrate, and my Irish oral is tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestions?

Aw bummer , i suppose that would have taken up alot of time when you could be studying , at least you won't have to panic now about not having enough time? I'm sure there will be another musical in the future which you will get a part in, everything happens for a reason in my opinion! :)

Thanks guys! Freaking out, at least a film discussion knocks a minute or two from the allegemeine frage it's the part I'm most worried about! Phew :)

Thanks guys! Freaking out, at least a film discussion knocks a minute or two from the allegemeine frage it's the part I'm most worried about! Phew :)

It's actually fine. I was in the exact same boat but they ask simple questions - family, school, hobbies.

Thanks it's just niggling at me, you know, but I'll try to keep the everything happens for areas in thing in mind, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Hate these orals to be honest. I just sit thinking about it, then I'm hit with a question I haven't prepared and multiple supplementary questions. Not good craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrySeoighe

I was exactly the same as u. but honestly its not that bad. we had a really nice examiner which helped me a lot with my nerves, and am really bad with nerves and I flew through. Have irish 2moro so hopefully it be as easy as french. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone else having a major sraith pictiurs cramming session? ;) 2 done 18 to go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

freaking ot..

Does anyone know how to say I would give in Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Does anyone know how to say I would give in Irish?

Thabhairfinn. It's pronounced like "hawr-hing" :)

Thabhairfinn. It's pronounced like "hawr-hing" :)

Thanks soooo much! I have my oral in a few hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Thanks soooo much! I have my oral in a few hours

No problem! Oh yeah? Go n-eirí an tadh leat :D Beidh sé togha

Oh man!
    After all the freaking out I did over German I don't think it could have went any better! :D
    I got the roleplay I learned this morning so I can't believe how lucky I was. Also she was v. impressed as i was the only one who discussed a German film with her. She kept it fairly basic but I'm soooo happy now :)
    Now 6 weeks to the leaving i guess it's time to focus on the written papers. :/

Don't know how I survived school today without having a heart attack! Just escaped the French oral by one person I couldn't have been any less prepared :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Irish is finished! :D could not be happier :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement