Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Mine got bumped up to tomorrow, guess it means I can watch the football tomorrow night haha. Will be glad to get it done with!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrySeoighe

My Irish Oral could not have gone better. :) my sraith pictur was 'timpiste sa Choláiste Samhraidh' and i had to read the last two verses from 'An Spailpin Fanach" which i was not that happy about cuz i thinks its the hardest out of them all, but it went fine. :) Only thing now is the practicals in May. :( Construction Studies, Engineering and Art. cant wait to have them over with.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

ORALS DONE :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Irish is finished! :D could not be happier :)
    My Irish Oral could not have gone better. :) my sraith pictur was 'timpiste sa Choláiste Samhraidh' and i had to read the last two verses from 'An Spailpin Fanach" which i was not that happy about cuz i thinks its the hardest out of them all, but it went fine. :) Only thing now is the practicals in May. :( Construction Studies, Engineering and Art. cant wait to have them over with.. :D
    HugsiePie wrote: »
    ORALS DONE :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

welldone everyone! :) , now breath out a big sigh of relief and move onto other study ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I went to the bank straight after my German oral today and when the woman said thanks i said "danke", the leaving cert is controlling my life! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

peekachoo wrote: »
    I went to the bank straight after my German oral today and when the woman said thanks i said "danke", the leaving cert is controlling my life! :P

Thinly veiled "I've got money" post. :p

Prodigious wrote: »
    Thinly veiled "I've got money" post. :p

Hahahahahhaha don't worry, far from it ~ none of it was mine it was debs money. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Oxegen "headliners" announced earlier lads. Some "headliners" they are - I've only heard of two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Oxegen "headliners" announced earlier lads. Some "headliners" they are - I've only heard of two of them.

Ya ha I hadn't a clue who most of them were! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Im back :D

French oral on Wednesday and I know nothing for it. But I'm last in the day so hopefully I'll have it 1st thing on Thursday instead.

• Advertisement

Has anyone tried the new malteser bar? heavenly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Great dipped in tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

how can i get a french accent over night?

yournerd wrote: »

watch videos with french people speaking/news reports , anything www.france2.fr
    don't worry too much they understand that you are not french, you may be lucky enough to have an irish examiner like me who didn't have much of an accent himself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

yournerd wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 21,686 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

12% of my Leaving done after doing my French oral today, my Irish oral and my History project. Feels pretty good.

There should be a rule against doing PE when it's that hot outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Don't know how I feel about my French oral today! Went really well at times stumbled on the awkward questions I was asked! :pac: But happy they're now out of the way!
    There should be a rule against doing PE when it's that hot outside!

We don't even do PE at senior cycle, my body would go into shock if I exercised at this stage :P

Irish Oral done. Went almost perfectly, apart from on the sraith pictuir.. When I had to ask her questions about Madra ar strae I asked her one, then went blank for a minute and just sat there looking around me. Scariest experience ever. Made up for it in the comhra though, managed to throw in the modh chionnialach a couple of times and gave really detailed answers. Pretty sure I managed an A of some sort :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

It's annoying not knowing what exact day you're on for the oral. It's only a small detail but still. It's actually kinda ridic that you're not given a specific time with it being a state exam and all

• Advertisement

It's annoying not knowing what exact day you're on for the oral. It's only a small detail but still. It's actually kinda ridic that you're not given a specific time with it being a state exam and all

Don't get me started.. For Spanish I was meant to be on a Monday evening and got put off until the Tuesday morning. For Irish, I got brought forward to today from tomorrow morning. Not much you can do I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Legion. wrote: »
    Don't get me started.. For Spanish I was meant to be on a Monday evening and got put off until the Tuesday morning. For Irish, I got brought forward to today from tomorrow morning. Not much you can do I suppose.

Oofft :eek: Getting brought forward is tough enough. Suppose I can't complain after what happened to you, I have it easy by comparison :p

Our French was all over the place no one knew when they would be. She told a load of people she wasn't doing them today then changed her kind towards the end of the day. She left the last 3 people waiting ages to do it then decided she'll finish tomorrow instead. Would hate to be them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Orals finished! Just Engineering practical and LCVP exam next week

The only word I can find to describe the oxegen line up is COMICAL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Orals: no comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

It's better than nothing.

Oh, wait :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Gonna need the bullet proof vests :P

There isn't one person in the whole line up that I would like to go see :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Spanish Oral completed. :D Honestly could not have gone any better. Conversation felt so natural and dare I say it, fun. :p Delighted they're all over and done with now, completely drained after them though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement