Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Anyone here student of the year material?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Prodigious wrote: »
    who isn't ;)

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    who isn't ;)

Yeah, yeah :p

Not a hope of me getting it, there are one or two stereotypical "perfect" students in my year, one of them is guaranteed to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

We have an award for "Spirit of the School!" hahaha :P

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

We're one of those schools that don't give awards "in case anyone feels left out"!

• Advertisement

Glee_GG wrote: »
    We're one of those schools that don't give awards "in case anyone feels left out"!
    mine too! ha we don't have awards.. or maybe its because nobody deserves one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone know if I can get the 2000 and 1999 French marking schemes online?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Music practical tomorrow, pretty excited :)

Anybody else doing/done them? They seem to have been completely forgotten about on this amidst the talk of the orals :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

curly135 wrote: »
    Music practical tomorrow, pretty excited :)

Anybody else doing/done them? They seem to have been completely forgotten about on this amidst the talk of the orals :pac:

I did mine last Monday! Went well I think. :) Our examiner seemed nice. It's hard to know really how you got on. I didn't mess up any of my lyrics anyway! :D Just remember your dynamics, phrasing and breathing (if you're singing) and you'll be fine. Confidence in your pieces is key.

Glee_GG wrote: »

Give me a bucket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Same people in my school always get it! They could smash up the school and still be the favourites :P

Don't know if we still have awards though considering we got a new principal this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

We usually have awards on the last day. Apart from the student of the year I haven't a clue what they are though.

Then every Christmas there are more awards, after the results. Best linguist, attendance, music, sport, best overall results, beet JC results and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrySeoighe

I hope i get it :P There is only 12 people leaving Cert in my school. and i think i have a good chance. who ever wins get 350 euro and a really cool glass plaque. :D

I hope i get it :P There is only 12 people leaving Cert in my school. and i think i have a good chance. who ever wins get 350 euro and a really cool glass plaque. :D

Only 12 people!? So all your classes are practically 1:1?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

kevin12345 wrote: »
    I did mine last Monday! Went well I think. :) Our examiner seemed nice. It's hard to know really how you got on. I didn't mess up any of my lyrics anyway! :D Just remember your dynamics, phrasing and breathing (if you're singing) and you'll be fine. Confidence in your pieces is key.

Cool cool :) I don't feel nervous really, I enjoy performing. That's the best way to be going into it, just looking confident and putting on a good performance :D

Only 12 people!? So all your classes are practically 1:1?

Practically. :P I live on a tiny island so all the classes are tiny. 5th year has 6 people. and 1st year as 4. the other years are like 12 and 13. i think there is only like 64 people in my school. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Practically. :P I live on a tiny island so all the classes are tiny. 5th year has 6 people. and 1st year as 4. the other years are like 12 and 13. i think there is only like 64 people in my school. :/

Do ye have a very poor subject choice then? Like I imagine with 12 ye're hardly getting offered an Applied Maths class ;)

Unbelievable advantage though. Wow. Lucky you! :D

Do ye have a very poor subject choice then? Like I imagine with 12 ye're hardly getting offered an Applied Maths class ;)

Its **** alright. we have to choose one between Business and Engineering- (i'm doing engineering) One between home ec and construction studies - (doing CS) and then one between Biology, Art and Geography. (doing Art) oh and if any of u have any notes on them please send them on. i can trade with class engineering ones. :)

Unbelievable advantage though. Wow. Lucky you! :D

Actually because we live on an island we dont have a great advantage. Its so hard to get teachers. i have gone through 4 irish teacher and 3 science teachers. and half of our teachers dont even have full degrees its kinda crap.

• Advertisement

When I was in primary there was only 22 in the whole school :pac: And I still find it so normal even though it really wasn't! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Jade. wrote: »
    When I was in primary there was only 22 in the whole school :pac: And I still find it so normal even though it really wasn't! :P

That's mad considering my class in primary school had 31 people in it :pac:

And am I the only one here who thinks Oxegen's line-up is good? :pac:

kingcobra wrote: »

And am I the only one here who thinks Oxegen's line-up is good? :pac:

Not the only one! i don't understand everyone :P I love david guetta.. and pitbull lol

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    Not the only one! i don't understand everyone :P I love david guetta.. and pitbull lol

Ok for me Pitbull is the exception :pac: But I went to David Guetta last year and I thought he was deadly but then again I have a strange taste in music :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

I think the line up is class, dieing to see Chase and Status and Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike! Last summers gigs were unreal at SHM and Guetta, never saw a bit of trouble.

barry194 wrote: »
    I think the line up is class, dieing to see Chase and Status and Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike! Last summers gigs were unreal at SHM and Guetta, never saw a bit of trouble.

Yeah exactly I really want to go just for Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike and Chase & Status, although I don't think I will be going. I wasn't at SHM but the people I knew who did go to it didn't even see any trouble at all there and gig organisers have stepped up security since then anyway as it was very tight at David Guetta.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I did PE outside today for an HOUR. And as is the norm for my stupid frail skin...I'm all sunburnt. How?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Oral might be today :( On one hand it would be great to get it done, but on the other I need today to learn more stuff.

decisions wrote: »
    Oral might be today :( On one hand it would be great to get it done, but on the other I need today to learn more stuff.

Same happened to me.
    What's the story with all the examiners going really quickly?

• Advertisement

kingcobra wrote: »
    That's mad considering my class in primary school had 31 people in it :pac:

I had 3 in my class and 1 used to never come in :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement