Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Oral tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Ugh for god sake, I had my oral this time last week for Irish, so I was expecting my French to be today also, only he decided he was doing X amount of people today (the I was 3rd after the last person) and that was that! I wouldn't have minded but for the fact that he finished with 3/4 of an hour to go so I could've been finished today! I'm so tired of hearing everyone delighted to be finished their orals! I know I won't do more French work tonight, I was totally prepared (as much as I'll ever be) yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

I also quite like the Oxegen lineup if I'm honest. I was hoping for a couple of big-name festival bands, but I'm a big Alesso fan and I like the EDM feel this year. Especially since its nigh on impossible to get Tomorrowland tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Had my Irish oral today and it went really good (I think!). I got the Timpiste sa Cholaiste Samhraidh, which I was happy about cause it wasn't my worst at all but not my best at all. I messed parts of the conversation up but I'm still confident I did well.. :D My examiner let 2 people in my year pick their sraith picture also :O Such an unfair advantage over others but shur.

... Burn the sraith pictiuri!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

My Irish examiner let you see what he was writing .. Got 5 for the beannu, 35 for the poem and 66 for the sraith :D happy seen as I'm not great at Irish :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Did my french now today and Im fairly happy with it.
    Genuinely couldnt have asked for nicer examiners! You could see they just wanted you to do your best and were smiling and (perhaps feigning) enthusiastic throughout.
    I really think by smiling back at them and noddling along to their "non questions, just input sentences" you were earning a lot of marks.
    Chuffed to have dealt with now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

German oral tomorrow, just want it over with! Sick of hearing everyone saying how happy they are that there finished! On a plus side though our Irish teacher told us that nearly 70% of our class got an A in the oral, he was thrilled :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

For the geography project, if you're writing it in pen, would you write it in blue or black? Or does it matter?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

For the geography project, if you're writing it in pen, would you write it in blue or black? Or does it matter?

I dont think it matters, we were never told either or! :)
    And my headings are all in pink(:L), so Id say its grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Just so long as you stick to the same colour throughout it'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Two people in my year didn't even bother coming in to do their orals! I'll never understand people like that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Jade. wrote: »
    Two people in my year didn't even bother coming in to do their orals! I'll never understand people like that :rolleyes:

One in my year hasn't come in for his Irish or French.. I hope he has a doctor's note or something and hasn't just thrown away all those marks..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

ANYONE DONE DOING RUSSIAN?

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I DONT LIKE THIS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

sorry was on caps lock!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

AAAAHHHHH LOUD NOISES!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Irish Oral was sound, only awkwardness was the sraith which I made up on the spot and hadn't a clue of, the fecking tidy towns one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Does anyone know for the Geography project if it matters (in gathering section) if you have your method (say beach profile) on one page and have the diagram to go with it on another page?

Or would you just advise to do it all on the same page?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Geography booklets due in tomorrow and my teacher has decided to take the week off...D:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Lena137

I'm writing my history project into the booklet later this evening and unsure wheter to write with pen or pencil... I wrote my geography in pencil but my mom said she thought all exams had to be in pen which makes sense. Is it pen or pencil or either?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Lena137 wrote: »
    I'm writing my history project into the booklet later this evening and unsure wheter to write with pen or pencil... I wrote my geography in pencil but my mom said she thought all exams had to be in pen which makes sense. Is it pen or pencil or either?

Pen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Irish oral done and dusted and I am over the moon :)

So the sraith I pulled out was obair dheonach and afterwards he told me when he saw me pulling it out he was getting worried because it is supposedly the hardest one and every school in Ireland hates it with a passion. I actually don't find it too bad.....

During the comhra then I used the words "chuile" and "scaiti" so he asked me where I'd heard them because they're Connemara words that he would use because he's from Connemara but that he has never heard a student using them. I'm hoping I picked up some bonus marks there so.

Then he capped it all off by telling me that I should be an Irish teacher because they're in short supply. He was amazed that I hadn't been to the gaeltacht and said I was "very natural"!

I'm practically bouncing off the walls here I'm so high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

^^^
    Good job! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Irish oral done and dusted and I am over the moon :)

So the sraith I pulled out was obair dheonach and afterwards he told me when he saw me pulling it out he was getting worried because it is supposedly the hardest one and every school in Ireland hates it with a passion. I actually don't find it too bad.....

During the comhra then I used the words "chuile" and "scaiti" so he asked me where I'd heard them because they're Connemara words that he would use because he's from Connemara but that he has never heard a student using them. I'm hoping I picked up some bonus marks there so.

Then he capped it all off by telling me that I should be an Irish teacher because they're in short supply. He was amazed that I hadn't been to the gaeltacht and said I was "very natural"!

I'm practically bouncing off the walls here I'm so high.

So maybe you'll do my oral for me then... :) just joking
    I have mine tomorrow after lunch, and so worried about it. I can hardly string a sentence together, just hoping for a D3 cos anything higher is unrealistic. I think i'll just skip the sraith pictuiri altogether :(

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

borrch wrote: »
    So maybe you'll do my oral for me then... :) just joking
    I have mine tomorrow after lunch, and so worried about it. I can hardly string a sentence together, just hoping for a D3 cos anything higher is unrealistic. I think i'll just skip the sraith pictuiri altogether :(
    Just give a go at the sraith! Don't give up on it completely cause its 80 marks .. Try come up with some very basic sentences to get some marks! The examiner can only give you marks if you say something! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Thanks Charlie, my nerves are getting the better of me. You know that awful feeling... akward silence & a blank expression aghhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I had a complete blank on the word 'siopadóireacht' if that makes anyone feel better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Crazy sh!t went down in my school over facebook. Course I'm not on it anymore so I missed out </3 :( Apparently someone hacked the school system and uploaded the whole list of usernames/passwords. Legendary. Unfortunately I'm a kind of rebellious spirit with a bit of technical knowledge, with a bit of love for Anonymous, so a few people have accused me! :eek: Not something I want to be associated with!

• Advertisement

If something like that happened in my school, I'd be top of the list of suspects :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement