Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

The joys of compulsory Transition Year... we'll have some of our courses completely finished by the end of 5th Year, leaving 6th Year for revision! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

FIFA 12 :)

fjsanchez wrote: »
    FIFA 12 :)

Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Parent Teacher Meeting next Friday= an abundance of tests :/

We got our Maths book today! It's so colourful! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

This thread has been so quiet over the past few days - I decided to break the silence :)

How's life with everybody? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I'm bored as hell all day every day. the boredom reached new heights in my new signature, the result when I tried to scan my face.

Other than that, graaaaaaaand. And yourself?

Colm! wrote: »
    I'm bored as hell all day every day. the boredom reached new heights in my new signature, the result when I tried to scan my face.

Other than that, graaaaaaaand. And yourself?

You tried to scan your face? Wow you must be reeeeeally bored! :D

I haven't been that bored considering the AMOUNT Of homework I got at the weekend...took me all Saturday to do, plus studying for a Biology test which we never had today (I never thought I'd get angry over NOT having a test!) and learning off my french debating speech...stress :eek:

Can't wait til this weekend....french debating finishes yesssssssss!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

You know that time when I said I was liking 5th year....

Well I have no clue why that insane idea came into my head!!!

french debating speech...stress
    You debate in FRENCH? That's hardcore.
    I heard that our teacher ****ing forgot to enter us into the debating competiton this year and we're three weeks after the closing date now :L The debating team, who literally lived to debate and not do much else, is freaking out and are having fits of depression and anger. to anyone who doesn't do debating, it must look like the weirdest thing in the world, some of us are acting like we lost a child. no exaggeration.

We are entering a debating competition now though, but we're up against less challenging teams and motions. We don't want to win, we want a challenge.
    You tried to scan your face? Wow you must be reeeeeally bored! :D
    yep. I was bored at home, I even resorted to cleaning stuff I was that bored. I scanned something into my computer, and then wondered what'd happen if I tried to scan myself, so I put my head against the printer, hit "scan" and then looked at the result (warning: massive picture).
    That is how bored I was. And yes, I did all my homework and study for the weekend before I got to that level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Anyone going to the des this year? (And by this year I mean summer 2012)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

FYG wrote: »
    We got our Maths book today! It's so colourful! :pac:

Project Maths 4?

DermotOH wrote: »
    Project Maths 4?

Active Maths 4.

Colm! wrote: »
    You debate in FRENCH? That's hardcore.
    I heard that our teacher ****ing forgot to enter us into the debating competiton this year and we're three weeks after the closing date now :L The debating team, who literally lived to debate and not do much else, is freaking out and are having fits of depression and anger. to anyone who doesn't do debating, it must look like the weirdest thing in the world, some of us are acting like we lost a child. no exaggeration.

We are entering a debating competition now though, but we're up against less challenging teams and motions. We don't want to win, we want a challenge.

yep. I was bored at home, I even resorted to cleaning stuff I was that bored. I scanned something into my computer, and then wondered what'd happen if I tried to scan myself, so I put my head against the printer, hit "scan" and then looked at the result (warning: massive picture).
    That is how bored I was. And yes, I did all my homework and study for the weekend before I got to that level.

Yup...in french. Unfortunately... but I didn't really have any choice in the matter. I amn't anything special when it comes to speaking French but compared to the other people in my year...I seem fluent :rolleyes: Do you debate in English? That sounds cool! I'd love to do that...a lot less stress.

The motion for the French debate in case anybody is at all interested is:

"Transition Year should be abolished" and my team are going against the motion so we are keeping TY.

By the way, the fact that you scanned your face and actually have a picture to prove it made me laugh so much. Fortunately, I have not resorted to that yet! :D

decisions wrote: »
    You know that time when I said I was liking 5th year....

Well I have no clue why that insane idea came into my head!!!

This summed up my thoughts to a Tee! I can't remember what I must have been on when I said I loved 5th year... :eek:

Do you debate in English? That sounds cool! I'd love to do that...a lot less stress.
    Yep, I was in the national finals of the concern debates last year but due to problems with getting in this year (in other words: our teacher FORGOT TO ENTER), we're doing a more local competition this year. I love it. It's actually the most fun thing I did in TY, and also the least-fun sounding thing I did in TY.

I actually debated that motion against other non-debating team members of my class before. It was basically Debating Team vs. Everyone Else, and we won conclusively because the other team wouldn't volunteer anyone to speak due to being too nervous. Winning.
    By the way, the fact that you scanned your face and actually have a picture to prove it made me laugh so much. Fortunately, I have not resorted to that yet! :D
    Yeah, it makes people laugh, so I made it my facebook pic
    b7HTa.png

I came this
    leo-this-close.jpg
    close to just walking out of french today.

I came this

close to just walking out of french today.

Pourquoi? What happened? :confused:

Pourquoi? What happened? :confused:

Teacher is being a total cow to me. Its not my fault I cant speak french!!!:mad:!!!

Teacher is being a total cow to me. Its not my fault I cant speak french!!!:mad:!!!

I hate teachers like that! I am having the same problem with my Biology teacher and my friend actually did walk out of her Irish class. She was late because she was at the office so she walks in and says "Sorry I am late Miss, I was at the office" and the teacher goes and mimics her in a really patronizing tone and then tells her to clear up her attitude when she didn't do anything! So she walked out and slammed the door...and moved classes! Nobody ever had the guts to walk out of her class before including me so everybody was so proud :D

• Advertisement

I hate teachers like that! I am having the same problem with my Biology teacher and my friend actually did walk out of her Irish class. She was late because she was at the office so she walks in and says "Sorry I am late Miss, I was at the office" and the teacher goes and mimics her in a really patronizing tone and then tells her to clear up her attitude when she didn't do anything! So she walked out and slammed the door...and moved classes! Nobody ever had the guts to walk out of her class before including me so everybody was so proud :D

Nice one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Waaah I had an Accounting test today and mine actually balanced and I came out in a 'Yay 100%' mood and now I'm just after realising I did loads of stuff wrong, putting stuff in the wrong place etc...I'll probably still get in the 90's but I really wanted 100. :( This is ridiculously insignificant and an A is an A but still... :p I guess I'll never make those mistakes again though, mhmmmm...meh, sigh.

Lyf iz hrd, clearly. :p

Slow Show wrote: »
    Waaah I had an Accounting test today and mine actually balanced and I came out in a 'Yay 100%' mood and now I'm just after realising I did loads of stuff wrong, putting stuff in the wrong place etc...I'll probably still get in the 90's but I really wanted 100. :( This is ridiculously insignificant and an A is an A but still... :p I guess I'll never make those mistakes again though, mhmmmm...meh, sigh.

Lyf iz hrd, clearly. :p
    I hate those moment. One of the main reasons I didn't do accounting. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who is disappointed/slightly pissed off with 90% :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Got back an English essay on the poetry of Hopkins yesterday. Before I got it back the teacher said to me that she might need to get it back off my at some point to put it in the photocopier to hand out to everyone else.....There was me sitting there bright red in the face....I can see myself sliding very far down in the chair whenever she decides to photocopy it......I seriously hate that kind of thing.......although she did draw a smiley face on the bottom of it...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Got back an English essay on the poetry of Hopkins yesterday. Before I got it back the teacher said to me that she might need to get it back off my at some point to put it in the photocopier to hand out to everyone else.....There was me sitting there bright red in the face....I can see myself sliding very far down in the chair whenever she decides to photocopy it......I seriously hate that kind of thing.......although she did draw a smiley face on the bottom of it...:)

Ah, sickener. English is my best subject so I'd be mortified if that happened to me, the sh1te I stir up in an English essay is soooo far off what I'm like in real life, I'd sound like a tool :pac:

Finally, french debating is OVER!!! We didn't win (although, not being biased, Everybody thought our team spoke better!) but I won Best Speaker!!! I was delighted and shocked ... and it was so awkward because I didn't know whether to stand up or not when they said my name but ah well, I am just so happy!

Could not be bothered to go to school today.

I hate the song and the video is slightly creepy but it sums up my plan for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Oh lads...maths is hard. Really, really hard. I thought I was motoring on fine, thought the hardness of Honours Maths was overrated. Then we had a test, oh lordy...never have I ever been so lost in an exam setting, the thought of it makes me shudder a small little bit. So I probably failed, well I might've passed, I was able to get like two out of ten questions totally right and another few perhaps, though highly unlikely...also if attempts marks are easy to come by, maybe...Gah, I vaguely remember someone else saying they didn't do great in a HL Maths test despite always being grand before...me in a nutshell, I got an A in the JC and got 90's and 100's in class tests and I am dumbfounded. Waaaaaaaaaaaah.

I have failed 2 maths tests this week, am I worried?
    No.
    Should I be?
    Most defiantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Jaysus the amount of homework like... 4 hours just for today, the joy.

Irish teacher hasn't been in the past 2 weeks and the sub just brings us to the computer room :pac: :o

oh and macbeth is a bollocks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement