Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Woah, that's fairly serious ;o.

Orals done. Contentwise I did very well, but my grammar has let me down. I rushed too much. The examiner was cool though, I was doing all the talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Worst part is I wore an anonymous mask in on one of our non uniform days for a bit of fun :P

My oral examiner today asked me what I thought of the Irish language. Needless to say, buachaillí:

"Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam."

They eat that shït up :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

All finished with my orals, had my French oral today, the examiner was lovely really put me at ease only at the start he asked what my Star Sign was (I was able to say Capricorn I knew that much) but really after that I wouldn't be able to answer it in English. It went uphill from there and in general I love speaking French anyway (I did a French exchange last year so I have a proper accent and would be able to speak it reasonably well, however writing it's a different story! ;) ) but for a few terrifying seconds I was trying to say "Des fois" but my tongue lost all ability to pronounce it and I ended up saying "Des flu . . . .eh. . . .des flop . . . .eh. . . DES FOIS!" I genuinely sounded like Joey from Friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

peekachoo wrote: »
    Geography booklets due in tomorrow and my teacher has decided to take the week off...D:

Do you go to my school?!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Do you go to my school?!!!!!!!

omg haha it depends, what school are you in? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Spent the last hour polishing my engineering day test pieces :p Hands reek of Brasso!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Not one of my friends going to school tomorrow because their taking the day off to get ready to go out tomorrow night! As if Fridays weren't awful already

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

peekachoo wrote: »
    omg haha it depends, what school are you in? ;)

Sligo, you?

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Sligo, you?

Tipp. :( I was excited there for a second!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Pretty much have the Geography finished now, might make a few changes tomorrow though. The last few days have been incredibly stressful and I rarely get stressed. Will be so glad tomorrow evening when we're finished with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Sounds like your class left it pretty late. We had ours finished up before Easter, much less stress that way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Ah, but where's the fun in that? :pac: We were still finishing them off last class!

Same here, it was half three and I was like "MISS GIVE ME AN ISSUE AND OBSERVATION PLEAAAAASE" just got it done, just. Good feeling :pac:

There's something wrong me with so allergic to the thoughts of going out tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

I did my Irish oral today after lunch. I was so so nervous, but i reckon i got about 30% out of the 40%. I saw i got 10/13 for sraith. The examiner was so very nice. I'm so happy, as i was aiming for 10% in total as my Irish is really bad... I'm only ordinary level (borderline foundation to be honest) I was even asked about what I thought of Dr. O'Reilly. Thanks for all yer support yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Our school was broken into last night :/ Nothing taken strangely

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Booked my Oxegen tickets today :) Something to look forward to I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

\o/ weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Do you have to be 18 to go to oxygen?

Anyways 600 pages on boards mobile :D

• Advertisement

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Do you have to be 18 to go to oxygen?

Anyways 600 pages on boards mobile :D

Unfortunately if you are under 18 on arriving at OXEGEN you will not be allowed on site without a guardian/relative 25 years or over who will sign for and accept responsibility for you. If you are under 18 please do not turn up to the festival without a guardian as policy will be strictly enforced and persons who purchase tickets and ignore conditions will be refused entry with NO refund. If you are 18 or over please make sure you bring ID. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

*incoming overly happy post* :p

Irish oral went exactly to plan! I'm reluctant to say whether or not I did well because I just don't knowhow high the standard is but it went much the same as all of my mock orals which were given As so I suppose I'll be hopeful. I know from the first 120 marks (sraiths, beannú and poetry) I got 112 and then the comhrá was as hoped - got in all the phrases and grammar-y stuff that I wanted too so I'm happy with it :D

Got the history project finalised today which has been the bane of my life for too long. I wonder how many points have been accumulated already with orals and projects and all done? That was a seriously stressful week so +1 to bluejay's "\o/" post :D

The best thing of all is I'm meeting up with the lads tonight for the first time since Easter weekend (damn you , repeating!) so I'm buzzing about that :D:D:D

So yeah... in conclusion, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Why did that Irish examiner have to go and tell me that I should be an Irish teacher, as if I wasn't already having trouble picking what I want to do! He's just added another possibility to my list :(

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone know if any good websites to buy a dress for the grad mass? Not too short but not too long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Why did that Irish examiner have to go and tell me that I should be an Irish teacher, as if I wasn't already having trouble picking what I want to do! He's just added another possibility to my list :(

my personal advise is if you want to be a teacher - go for it, but don't learn to be an Irish teacher. I'd imagine there won't be much demand when they inevitably drop it as a mandatory subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

Anyone know if any good websites to buy a dress for the grad mass? Not too short but not too long :)

Maybe try asos.com or nelly.com. They do all kinds of dresses for all kinds of prices and the delivery is super quick :) Ordered my grad dress from nelly and it came in 5 days!

Had the worst night out last night! To make it worse I really wanted to study last night but felt like I had to go to this party!

Our team had a race night fundraiser and I won 85 quid on the last race of the night :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

N64 wrote: »
    my personal advise is if you want to be a teacher - go for it, but don't learn to be an Irish teacher. I'd imagine there won't be much demand when they inevitably drop it as a mandatory subject.
    Strangely enough, good Irish teachers are one of the few teaching subject areas for which there is reasonable demand at the moment, certainly in this region.

Nor do I see anything inevitable about your "inevitably" tbh, though personally I would certainly welcome a thorough overhaul of the way the subject is approached throughout the school system.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement