Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Left a party early tonight because I couldn't hack the guilt of being out late with study in the morning and the mountain of work ahead of me, despite jumping to 84% in a second mock economics paper having got 69 in February! Load of bollix this conscience craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Left a party early tonight because I couldn't hack the guilt of being out late with study in the morning and the mountain of work ahead of me, despite jumping to 84% in a second mock economics paper having got 69 in February! Load of bollix this conscience craic!

Ah it's mad altogether, I'd feel fairly guilty for not doing enough study, and yet people say I'm doing too much and overworking... hard to know where to draw the line :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

LCVP exam starts this Wednesday... The nerves are starting to set in now..! Then I have my Engineering practical on Thursday... Hopefully I can take the Friday off for a hell of a lie in. In dire need of it now at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

If anyone has done EDCO Sample D or just the Financial Maths bit of it, would anyone care to explain the answer for 5(e)? I did it out and was nearly sure I had it right as it really didn't seem like anything too difficult but my answer isn't matching up with the answer at the back. It'll just really annoy me if I don't find out the right way to do it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I just can't be bothered to get out of bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

You lot seem much more focused than me.. might stop coming in here haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Does anyone know where i can get the ABQ from the 2008 mock paper? The teacher gave it out on Friday and i left it in my locker :( I know you prob cant get them though! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Does anyone know where i can get the ABQ from the 2008 mock paper? The teacher gave it out on Friday and i left it in my locker :( I know you prob cant get them though! :(

You seem to have a habit of forgetting stuff :P

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Prodigious wrote: »
    You seem to have a habit of forgetting stuff :P

Hahaha I know :o Maybe having all of the same copies is a bad idea :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Slow Show wrote: »
    If anyone has done EDCO Sample D or just the Financial Maths bit of it, would anyone care to explain the answer for 5(e)? I did it out and was nearly sure I had it right as it really didn't seem like anything too difficult but my answer isn't matching up with the answer at the back. It'll just really annoy me if I don't find out the right way to do it. :p

How far are you out? I got 1033.63. It could be that you rounded off differently, I think I remember my teacher saying that they round off early in the solutions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    LCVP exam starts this Wednesday... The nerves are starting to set in now..! Then I have my Engineering practical on Thursday... Hopefully I can take the Friday off for a hell of a lie in. In dire need of it now at this stage

Iv Engineering tuesday and LCVP wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Lost the stupid CD for the exam papers, found the aurals online but do they have the year I need, nooope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Iv Engineering tuesday and LCVP wednesday

Engineering is on Thursday followed by after school maths.. Oh the wonderful live of a Leaving Cert student... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I think I'm possibly the only person who knows they aren't going to get the points they need but still doing nothing about it :rolleyes:

I take procrastination to a whole new level :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Jade. wrote: »
    I think I'm possibly the only person who knows they aren't going to get the points they need but still doing nothing about it :rolleyes:

I take procrastination to a whole new level :pac:

same.
    I need to boost the points from my mocks by 100 and I still haven't opened a book D:

How far are you out? I got 1033.63. It could be that you rounded off differently, I think I remember my teacher saying that they round off early in the solutions.

Nah I'm a good bit above that, fairly certain I just did it wrong now, what was your method? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I couldn't do geometry or trig if my life depended on it :(

And my new side-fringey thing is annoying me to no end. There's one piece of hair that just doesn't want to act like a piece of the fringe and keeps shnaking its way over to the opposite side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Nah I'm a good bit above that, fairly certain I just did it wrong now, what was your method? :)

Maybe I'm wrong? I'll show my method here anyway, it's been a while since I did it so it's a but hazy!
    Okay so the amount for the pension is 155250.
    Using the formula p=f/(1+I)^t, p=155250/(1.00375)^120
    Giving p = 99075.12.
    Then using the amortisation formula,
    99075.12 (0.00375(1.00375)^119) / (1.00375)^119 -1 )
    Gives 1033.63.
    Sorry it's probably quite hard to understand! As I said it's been a while since I've done these so I'm not sure if it's right (I just took it because it was close to the solution). Feel free to ask and I'll try my best to answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

I did it a different way to cookiemonster and I got the answer at the back:

We're looking for the amount she has to contribute so I let that equal A:
    A + A(1.00375) + A(1.00375)2 +....+ A(1.00375)^119

The sum of the series = 155250

A(1-(1.00375)^120) / (1-1.00375) = 155250

Working that out A = 1026.80

Cookiemonster is probably right too but I'm not too confident with the amortisan formula to know! :)

• Advertisement

A list of everything. In case anyone finds it helpful.

Maths:
    - Algebra
    - Trigonometry
    - Line, Circle
    - Differentiation
    - Integration
    - Complex Numbers
    - Binomial theorem
    - Financial Maths
    - Sequences & Series
    - Proof by Induction
    - Probability
    - Statistics

English:
    Shakespeare
    Mahon
    Hopkins
    Plath
    Comparative
    Macbeth

Irish:
    Géibheann
    Colscaradh
    Mo Ghrá sa
    An Spailpin Fanach
    A Chlann
    Caoineadh Airt Ui Laoighaire
    Fill Arís
    Colmáin
    Eiceolaí
    Seal i Neipeal
    Oisin i dTir na nOg
    Dis
    An Lasair Choille
    Aiste

Physics:
    Light
    Mechanics
    Heat
    Waves
    Sound
    Electricity
    Semiconductors
    Magnets
    Modern Physics
    Particle Physics

Chemistry:
    The Atom
    Periodic Table
    Chemical Bonding
    Tests for Anions
    Stoichiometry
    Gases
    Acids & Bases
    Oxidation & Reduction
    Rates of Reaction
    Chemical Equilibrium
    Water
    Electrochemistry
    Fuels/Heats of Reactions
    Organic Chemistry

Applied Maths:
    Linear Motion
    Relative Velocity
    Projectiles
    Connected Particles
    Impacts & Collisions
    Differential Equations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

The mother got the wrong type of tea (her not being a tea drinker, she wouldn't understand!) This is going to put me in a bad mood all week!

Ah thanks guys, it never ever occurs to me to use the Amortisation formula, but I think I might actually remember that it exists from now on. :) I actually did it HPMS' way but miraculously got about 600 over what I should've got. :p Thanks again!

The mother got the wrong type of tea (her not being a tea drinker, she wouldn't understand!) This is going to put me in a bad mood all week!

Ugh I understand your pain, multiple cups of tea a day is the only thing keeping me sane!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Irish:
    Géibheann
    Colscaradh
    Mo Ghrá sa
    An Spailpin Fanach
    A Chlann
    Caoineadh Airt Ui Laoighaire
    Fill Arís
    Colmáin
    Eiceolaí
    Seal i Neipeal

Oisin i dTir na nOg
    Dis
    An Lasair Choille
    Aiste

Are they the 5 extra poems? We do the play (An Triail) in my class, and I think that is way handier than an extra 5 poems (which seem pretty difficult!). What do you think? Questions on An Triail are usually grand!

Edit : 6 extra poems, actually?:L or is that an extra play?

ray2012 wrote: »
    Are they the 5 extra poems? We do the play (An Triail) in my class, and I think that is way handier than an extra 5 poems (which seem pretty difficult!). What do you think? Questions on An Triail are usually grand!

Edit : 6 extra poems, actually?:L or is that an extra play?

Yeah, you're completely right. Our teacher is a knob who likes to do things her way, despite asking her to do the play.

Seal i Neipeal is a stor we did instead of Gnathrud.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Yeah, you're completely right. Our teacher is a knob who likes to do things her way, despite asking her to do the play.

Seal i Neipeal is a stor we did instead of Gnathrud.

Ah right. Yeah I never understand why people go for the extra poems option.. Oh ok, never heard of it! :P

I think the extra poems are the easiest things ever! There so easy to write about, your using the same vocab from the other poems you just need to be able to write a bit on the theme

It's the time of the year where I have to do a yearbook page of myself for tomorrow. Have not idea on what to write and what photos..! Anybody have layout of a yearbook page for 6th years only. American yearbooks are different to what we're doing. We all do a page about ourselves, what do we want to do, quotes and photos.. etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

peekachoo wrote: »
    same.
    I need to boost the points from my mocks by 100 and I still haven't opened a book D:

I'm the same I need to boost my mocks points up by 70 just to reach last years points and the course keeps going up by about 20 every year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement