Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Prodigious wrote: »
    A list of everything. In case anyone finds it helpful.
    Applied Maths:
    Linear Motion
    Relative Velocity
    Projectiles
    Connected Particles
    Impacts & Collisions
    Differential Equations
    I'm guessing they are your six? I still have no idea which 6/9 studied I'll do. In the pre, I didn't even do newtons particles, despite it generally being a very nice and one of the most widely answered questions. I would have been happy enough to do any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

You managed to study 9 for applied maths? How'd you even get the time? We're only doing 6 in class and I'm looking into learning Relative Velocity off someone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Covered all 10 comfortably enough, been doing revision since mid term. Still not sure what 6 I'm going to answer on, but rel velocity won't be one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I have absolutely no clue how you possible got 9 done? How many classes do you get a week? We did hydrostatics too but I didn't get it so I just left it out.

Well I have 5x40 min classes a week and our teacher really flew threw it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

We've eight done, probably could have done 9 but we said we'd just do exam questions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

That explains it. We have one double class a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Got 415 in my mocks, but in a second economics pre managed to boost from 69 to 84, 15 points better, hopefully can do that across the board!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Got 415 in my mocks, but in a second economics pre managed to boost from 69 to 84, 15 points better, hopefully can do that across the board!

That's class. What you hoping for?

Hoping for law in ucd, ill be heartbroken if I can't get it, hoping to hit 505 or 510, the course hasnt broken the 500 point barrier for years! What about you? English is my best subject, so an A in that and economics would set me on the right road!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

We have our 6th year photo tomorrow! The effort of getting ready so early in the morning :pac:

Hoping for law in ucd, ill be heartbroken if I can't get it, hoping to hit 505 or 510, the course hasnt broken the 500 point barrier for years! What about you? English is my best subject, so an A in that and economics would set me on the right road!

Hoping for around 390 or so. My best would be Business or Geography and I had the worst examiner for Business. Got a D3 when it was at least a C3. I had an entire page not even marked!

Jade. wrote: »
    We have our 6th year photo tomorrow! The effort of getting ready so early in the morning :pac:

We had this a few weeks ago, half the year was orange :P

barry194 wrote: »
    Hoping for around 390 or so. My best would be Business or Geography and I had the worst examiner for Business. Got a D3 when it was at least a C3. I had an entire page not even marked!

Where you hoping to head? Business is such a tricky one, thought it was my best exam and scraped a C... I've studied so much business since :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

I'm the same I need to boost my mocks points up by 70 just to reach last years points and the course keeps going up by about 20 every year

Don't you want to do BIS? Didn't that go down 10 points last year?

Don't you want to do BIS? Didn't that go down 10 points last year?

Yeah I do! As far as I know it went up 20 points last year and the few years before that too! Could be mixing it up though with another course but I'm almost 100% sure...

Yeah I do! As far as I know it went up 20 points last year and the few years before that too! Could be mixing it up though with another course but I'm almost 100% sure...

Was 420 in 2011 and down to 410 last year. I also want to do it :P

Where you hoping to head? Business is such a tricky one, thought it was my best exam and scraped a C... I've studied so much business since :L

Limerick or Galway for business should get Galway but want Limerick! Ya but they mark mocks harsh saw it in all the subjects!

Relative Velocity Q's on Apparent Wind

rRNT0vY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

At least you have some warning. I missed our year group photo because of a dentist's appointment and then some of our individual photos had to be retaken. I'm pretty sure my original one looked alright but then they just sprung the retakes on us so it probably looks dreadful, not a sliver of make up in sight, hair was probably all over the place too.

• Advertisement

Was 420 in 2011 and down to 410 last year. I also want to do it :P

Was it? I was told by someone who runs it in ucc that it was 390 in 2011! Hopefully so it won't increase by much this year! :P

Was it? I was told by someone who runs it in ucc that it was 390 in 2011! Hopefully so it won't increase by much this year! :P

Ok weird, had another look there http://www.ucc.ie/en/study/undergrad/cao/
    2010 = 380
    2011 = 400
    2012 = 410

I could have sworn it was 420 in 2011, damn . Thought it was on the way down! :(

barry194 wrote: »
    Limerick or Galway for business should get Galway but want Limerick! Ya but they mark mocks harsh saw it in all the subjects!

Hope you're right, was two subgrades off what I want in most!
    English -B3
    Irish -C1
    German - C1
    Economics - C1/B1
    Business - C3
    History - C1 ( assuming I get the mark in my project that my teacher gave it after 4 tedious fùcking drafts!)
    Also failed OL maths having completely neglected it all year! A few lads inmy year wanting Business in UL, popular course still so much time for everyone to boost though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Lads, you have the funds for one day ticket for Longitude, which day do you go with?

Friday - Jake Bugg, Foals, Phoenix

Saturday - Villagers, Kodaline, Vampire Weekend, Maccabees

Sunday - Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Modest Mouse

A toughie. I could sacrifice Eminem and do all three but it's non camping so that's a bit of a pain. And I've already kinda committed to Eminem so I don't wanna leave people hanging...

Ok weird, had another look there http://www.ucc.ie/en/study/undergrad/cao/
    2010 = 380
    2011 = 400
    2012 = 410

I could have sworn it was 420 in 2011, damn . Thought it was on the way down! :(

Oh I knew it was something along those lines, I think it was 380 in 2009 as well! And not everyone at 410 points got it last year! But I'm hoping that it won't increase by much this because the maths bonus points made its impact last year on the points!

Oh I knew it was something along those lines, I think it was 380 in 2009 as well! And not everyone at 410 points got it last year! But I'm hoping that it won't increase by much this because the maths bonus points made its impact last year on the points!

Says there was an interview alright. Hope I won't have to do that.

Says there was an interview alright. Hope I won't have to do that.

Really never heard that. Just hoping for the best with the points at the moment :P

Hope you're right, was two subgrades off what I want in most!
    English -B3
    Irish -C1
    German - C1
    Economics - C1/B1
    Business - C3
    History - C1 ( assuming I get the mark in my project that my teacher gave it after 4 tedious fùcking drafts!)
    Also failed OL maths having completely neglected it all year! A few lads inmy year wanting Business in UL, popular course still so much time for everyone to boost though!

Yeah I got 300 in the mocks counting 5 points for a D3 in OL because I failed Hons Biology! In pass Bio now so want at least a b3 in that. Hopefully Business isn't too popular went down 15 points last year!
    Lads, you have the funds for one day ticket for Longitude, which day do you go with?

A toughie. I could sacrifice Eminem and do all three but it's non camping so that's a bit of a pain. And I've already kinda committed to Eminem so I don't wanna leave people hanging...

Go to Electric Picnic for Arctic Monkeys :) Or the Friday Jake Bugg is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'd go the Friday I think, as I love Jake Bugg (thanks! :p) and I'd say Foals would be incredible to see live. And sure Phoenix are pretty good too. Tough choice though.

• Advertisement

I wish I had the cash for Electric Picnic but I have no job and I've got a lot of stuff other stuff on this summer so it will have to be next year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement