Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Yeah, Friday was the day I was considering cos' Bugg and Foals together is ridonkulous :D Like, I'd pay to see them both play their own gigs so it's hard to miss them together. Plus Phoenix rarely do Ireland. Still, Saturdayyy, damn my lack of money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I'd seriously be torn between Friday and Saturday but I'd probably go Friday because I have serious Jake Bugg love.

That being said though I love Villagers, Kodaline and VW too. I think I'd need to see the rest of the lineup tbh.

I'd seriously be torn between Friday and Saturday but I'd probably go Friday because I have serious Jake Bugg love.

That being said though I love Villagers, Kodaline and VW too. I think I'd need to see the rest of the lineup tbh.

http://www.longitude.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Colm! wrote: »
    You managed to study 9 for applied maths? How'd you even get the time? We're only doing 6 in class and I'm looking into learning Relative Velocity off someone else
    Prodigious wrote: »
    I have absolutely no clue how you possible got 9 done? How many classes do you get a week? We did hydrostatics too but I didn't get it so I just left it out.

We have one 1-and-a-half-hour class a week. It didn't feel like we were flying through any particular topic either. We had the Folens textbook and just worked through it, doing out the worked examples for each of the topics, as well as any of the more awkward questions from the paper and exercises. We've been revising since easter, doing exam questions. System seems to have worked as well as we all did really well in the pre.
    decisions wrote: »
    Covered all 10 comfortably enough, been doing revision since mid term. Still not sure what 6 I'm going to answer on, but rel velocity won't be one of them.
    We could have covered Hydrostatics as well in terms of time, but the teacher only ever covers the 9.

As for my questions, relative velocity is one that seems to be easy, but which I still tend to make a mess of. Did it in the pre, but will probably avoid for the actual one.
    To be honest, I'd be happy enough to do any of the other questions, with preference towards Moments of Inertia, Collisions and Projectiles and then a toss up between the rest. In the pre, the rest were chosen on the basis of the order I read the question.

I wish I had money :(

I really need a job of some sort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I wish I had a job and money. I just want to go to Reading/Leeds :(

Lads, you have the funds for one day ticket for Longitude, which day do you go with?

Friday - Jake Bugg, Foals, Phoenix

Saturday - Villagers, Kodaline, Vampire Weekend, Maccabees

Sunday - Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Modest Mouse

A toughie. I could sacrifice Eminem and do all three but it's non camping so that's a bit of a pain. And I've already kinda committed to Eminem so I don't wanna leave people hanging...

I'd say Saturday. Villagers seem to be very good live, Vampire Weekend are just a fantastic feel-good band whose live set was very enjoyable when I watched them on tv for Glasto 2010. Was sickened I missed them at Oxegen 2010. Kodaline have potential, but don't know much about what they are like live.

peekachoo wrote: »
    I wish I had a job and money. I just want to go to Reading/Leeds :(
    I'm trying to get people to go to either FIB (Spain) or Pukkelpop (Belgium) with me. :D Glasto has the best line in my opinion, but would prefer to go further afield than England.

Reading Fest looks great, but classes with my Debs. >.<

Yeah actually, I've changed my mind, I'd rather go on Saturday.

I'm not that pushed on either Foals or Phoenix. I'd probably go to see Jake Bugg on his own eventually so I'd be a bit meh about going on Friday. As Jackobyte said, VW usually seem pretty good live, I loved their Coachella set from a few weekends ago. Then there's Villagers, Local Natives.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

You people are all underestimating how unreal Foals would be though.

The crowd are annoying as sh*t in that video but being there for the climax of that song would probably make me unashamedly weep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I'm trying to get people to go to either FIB (Spain) or Pukkelpop (Belgium) with me. :D Glasto has the best line in my opinion, but would prefer to go further afield than England.

Reading Fest looks great, but classes with my Debs. >.<

pukkelpop looks great as does Rock AM Ring.
    Sigh. :pac:

I'm just not a massive Foals fan. I do like them but I haven't had a whole lot of time to really get into them. Get back to me in summer.

Slow Show wrote: »

The crowd are annoying as sh*t in that video but being there for the climax of that song would probably make me unashamedly weep.
    Compare with VW Glastonbury 2010.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Honestly I prefer Foals older stuff to their latest album. In saying that, I'm glad to see them becoming more popular, heh.

I'm still stuck on the Jake Bugg/ Foals combo. I'm a big enough Foals fan that I'd regret not going and... well you all know of my love fr Jake Bugg :o There'll be so many other opportunities to see Villagers and I could forgive myself for missing VW. (Although Kodaline :( ) But yeah, I'm stuck on Friday

I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Compare with VW Glastonbury 2010.:P

I don't really get the comparison tbh, they're two very different performances.:P

Scratch that, I'm gonna go Fraturday. Failing that I'll just go Sriday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

What hours is the LCVP exam on Wednesday? I don't do it, just wondering if I get a lie on, or a half day haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Concerning the applied maths we've 8 questions done, (all excluding statics and moments of inertia) I've one 1.5 hour class each week, and I've been doing it since 5th year. I'm planning on doing questions 2,3,4,5,9,10 assuming all goes to plan, I find question 1 a bit too schizophrenic, one year its grand and then others its totally incomprehensible, and for the last few years its been a disaster in terms of difficulty. It was between that and question 5 for my 6th question but at least with 5 the steps are almost always the same and the scope of questions they can ask is fairly limited.

Also I can't understand why so few people do Hyrostatics Q9, its very easy once you get the hang of it. Having said that my teacher is mad into applied maths and has a particular love for Hydrostatics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I love 8 and 9. I don't know why more people don't do 8, a is a proof and b is not that difficult, you just find the moment of inertia of the system and then it's just energy at position 1 = energy at position 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Legion. wrote: »
    What hours is the LCVP exam on Wednesday? I don't do it, just wondering if I get a lie on, or a half day haha :)

10 to 12.30 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

10 to 12.30 :)

We were told 8:45 to 11:15! :pac: I thought I was gonna be getting a nice half day for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

How do peopl study English?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

yournerd wrote: »
    How do peopl study English?

By being well rested and having early nights :pac: haha just kidding, let the race to law begin!

Ooooohhhhh I don't want. To do law??

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Was sure u posted before saying you did! My bad!

I don't really get the comparison tbh, they're two very different performances.:P
    Yeah, they are, I just felt like fighting fire with fire, by posting a great performance by VW to your great FOALS one. No point discussing it any further, either day would be massively enjoyable and I'm sure BB will love whichever he goes to.

Was sure u posted before saying you did! My bad!

Yea I do sorry haha :) well hello there acquaintance :) how's your studying going?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I saw Foals play in the Olympia, and they were really really amazing :) I'd nearly go on the Friday just to see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Anyone else seem to have just hit a brick wall?

When I get home after an hours study I'm sooo tired :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement