Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Been like that since the start of the orals, I'm just constantly wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I can't even do my homework because I'm falling asleep never mind say study.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

yournerd wrote: »
    Yea I do sorry haha :) well hello there acquaintance :) how's your studying going?

Struggling a bit today, just feeling stressed and tired, man period!
    And yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Is it just me or do ye get so much homework that there is no time to study?

Is it just me or do ye get so much homework that there is no time to study?

This is my problem! :( The last few weeks the teachers are piling on the homework! I know it's all revision in a way but its their revision not actually what I need to revise! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Jade. wrote: »
    This is my problem! :( The last few weeks the teachers are piling on the homework! I know it's all revision in a way but its their revision not actually what I need to revise! :rolleyes:

Ours isn't even revision though, well most of it isn't anyway. I end up with nearly an hour of maths homework a night, that is all new stuff (and while I'm on the topic of maths, we have just over 3 weeks to cover 3 and a half chapters so I'm not holding out much hope of getting it all finished). Then the teacher goes mad at us every class for a) not having all of the work done or b)not having done any revision

Oh well our maths is also new stuff every night but we're done when we finish this chapter. To be fair every other subject is exam paper questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Ours isn't even revision though, well most of it isn't anyway. I end up with nearly an hour of maths homework a night, that is all new stuff (and while I'm on the topic of maths, we have just over 3 weeks to cover 3 and a half chapters so I'm not holding out much hope of getting it all finished). Then the teacher goes mad at us every class for a) not having all of the work done or b)not having done any revision

What do ye have left to cover?! We've been done for a good while!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I've given up on maths. I do barely any work in it. No point spending time on something you won't need. I believed my teacher long enough.

I'm starting to get worried, these last few weeks are crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Engineering day exam for me tomorrow. Was talking to the other lads in my class that did it today and they said its not difficult, just really long and slow

• Advertisement

Glee_GG wrote: »
    What do ye have left to cover?! We've been done for a good while!

About half of integration and then real numbers, length area and volume and induction :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

About half of integration and then real numbers, length area and volume and induction :(

I think you should try an learn them yourself now, unless you have a lot of extra classes you're not going to get it all done.
    I second the homework thing though! I can't get any sort of study done because of homework and it's really really annoying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

When ye say ye are getting a huge amount of homework, what do ye mean exactly? If it's like English essays and stuff, that's study in a way?

In my case, thankfully, I'm not get much homework at all. A few maths questions a night, but that's about it (only enlargements left). Biology is the only course we have left to finish so we are doing revision in all other classes.

I think you should try an learn them yourself now, unless you have a lot of extra classes you're not going to get it all done.
    I second the homework thing though! I can't get any sort of study done because of homework and it's really really annoying me.

My thoughts exactly.

We were having a 50 minute extra class after school on Thursdays but we were only correcting exam questions. Then everyone just stopped going because it was basically a waste of time so I think it's been shelved.

Both maths papers will be a complete train wreck if I can't get them covered. It's not helped by the fact that I can't do either geometry or trig for love nor money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

It might sound counter productive or whatever but at this stage, be selective in the homework you do. It might not all be necessary. You'll know how to judge it for yourself. Just do the hw that's of benefit to you, esp if some of it's eating into your study time

My thoughts exactly.

We were having a 50 minute extra class after school on Thursdays but we were only correcting exam questions. Then everyone just stopped going because it was basically a waste of time so I think it's been shelved.

Both maths papers will be a complete train wreck if I can't get them covered. It's not helped by the fact that I can't do either geometry or trig for love nor money.

Could you maybe get a few grinds before the leaving cert? Also try to get those trig and geometry questions because I'd say trig anyway will be a 75 marker. Some of those questions are just awful but if you look up the solutions it can be handy to spot the tricks in other questions. I feel your pain, I really do :(
    Unfortunately there isn't any homework that I can leave out at the moment. I don't do everything but almost every teacher checks it every day :( I just do it half heatedly now but for eg. tonight the only study I've done is going back over a bio chapter and exam Qs on it. It's actually a joke when teachers give out when we don't have it done, like it's so close to the exams yet they can't just let us study.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

Anyone who has done the examcraft maths mock paper 1, what did you get for the answer to the area/integration qs 8(c)? It's been bugging me all evening! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

+1000 on being tired all the time since the start of the orals, it's getting ridiculous, I can do maybe two hours of study after school before I stop functioning.

I don't know what real numbers actually involves but induction shouldn't take too long really, a few classes I'd estimate, and length/area/volume took us about a week I think though the half of integration doesn't sound pleasant. I'd say you'd get it done teacher-dependent but it's not a great position to be in alright. Maybe request some after-school classes too that actually have a point. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

What's everyone's plans for graduation?:)

My maths saga continues.....I nearly had a complete breakdown in our double class earlier and even the tiniest things became hysterrically funny. I couldn't do a single question and now we havr a grand total of 22 integration question for homework.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

My maths saga continues.....I nearly had a complete breakdown in our double class earlier and even the tiniest things became hysterrically funny. I couldn't do a single question and now we havr a grand total of 22 integration question for homework.

As awful as it sounds, to hear someone else isnt flying maths at the moment is giving me slight confidence boosts. Like im not the only one worrying over getting through! Although, youd be fairly confident of passing it all the same yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

yournerd wrote: »
    What's everyone's plans for graduation?:)

getting the teachers as drunk as possible

22?! The most questions I've ever gotten for homework is 4! :pac:

Engineering practical over, Never have to pick up a file again :)

Nearly an hour and a half later and I have managed to wade through my sea of integration homework, although I was drowning slightly in the middle and couldn't do about 9 of the questions :L

deise I'd be fairly confident of passing. I somehow managed to get a C2 in the mocks and that was without being able to do the differentiation/integration/induction questions and some woeful mistakes so if I'm lucky I might just be able to drag myself up to a B.

I'm so tired I just can't do anything. I even went to sleep when I came home but I just can't do anything these days. It's really getting me down seeing a I really need to study but I just can't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

By Friday evening I'll have 145 points of the LC done. I'm freaking out I'm not able to study for the actual exams at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrySeoighe

peekachoo wrote: »
    By Friday evening I'll have 145 points of the LC done. I'm freaking out I'm not able to study for the actual exams at all

What Practicals are u doing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement