Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm so tired I just can't do anything. I even went to sleep when I came home but I just can't do anything these days. It's really getting me down seeing a I really need to study but I just can't :(

I'm exactly the same if it makes you feel any better at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

What Practicals are u doing?

just art! But combined with Irish and German orals and the geography project :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I'm so tired I just can't do anything. I even went to sleep when I came home but I just can't do anything these days. It's really getting me down seeing a I really need to study but I just can't :(

I'm the exact same! I gave up study in school cause I was too tired and lately I've been getting at least 8 hours sleep but I'm still wrecked :( and I'm always hungry these past few weeks for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'm the exact same! I gave up study in school cause I was too tired and lately I've been getting at least 8 hours sleep but I'm still wrecked :( and I'm always hungry these past few weeks for some reason.
    +1
    I have been eating rings around myself :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Hungry and tired are the only things I'm able to feel recently :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Prodigious wrote: »

I don't believe half the stories written in that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Prodigious wrote: »

God that article was total rubbish, I doubt one of those stories were true (and if they are those parents need to calm down!) It was all anecdotes, sure anyone could've made those stories up and when I saw "This article originally appeared in the Herald" I realised somebody probably did make them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrySeoighe

peekachoo wrote: »
    just art! But combined with Irish and German orals and the geography project :)

I could get up to 210 for all my practicals. Art, Construction Studies, Engineering and then my Irish and French Oral. :D

36 days!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I also have problems with being tired. In 5th year I slept less, but never had a problem with being tired. I'd get home, do my homework, help around the house, whatever. This year I'm getting more sleep, but I'm a complete wreck. When I get back home I just want to lie down. I think I might have to get myself some Berocca or something:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

decisions wrote: »
    36 days!!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Strange thing is I go to sleep for an hour or so and wake up more tired...

Strange thing is I go to sleep for an hour or so and wake up more tired...

And the grumpiest person on earth :D

I feel better reading this and knowing I'm not alone in my suffering!!
    I was at the doctors recently and I know her anyway, she was asking me about the stress of LC and that it was making me sick, told me she's never sat harder exams etc etc

Why do they torture us like this :(

Hey peekachoo, how did your german oral go?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I don't believe half the stories written in that article.
    God that article was total rubbish, I doubt one of those stories were true (and if they are those parents need to calm down!) It was all anecdotes, sure anyone could've made those stories up and when I saw "This article originally appeared in the Herald" I realised somebody probably did make them up!
    Whether the author was actually quoting from personal experience or not, I've no idea, but nothing in there seemed that wildly out of line to me (not saying they would apply to all families / parents, but s/he seemed to be citing examples of the kind of more OTT behaviour which can occur.)

Certainly I've witnessed parents in our local bookshop hunting for particular texts or notes and getting quite stressed with sales staff because they weren't available.
    mixery wrote: »
    This year I'm getting more sleep, but I'm a complete wreck. When I get back home I just want to lie down. I think I might have to get myself some Berocca or something:(.
    Stress / anxiety is tiring in and of itself.

A vitamin supplement isn't a bad idea, but take only according to the directions ... some people seem to think "if one will do me good, shure five will be better"! :rolleyes: ... and a vitamin overdose is no better for you than the opposite.

Try to get some fresh air / exercise, even if it's only 15 minutes brisk walk after school each evening, and watch what you eat ... it's real tempting to console / reward yourself with sugary treats, but it actually doesn't help.

Hey peekachoo, how did your german oral go?

ridiculously well, better than I could have hoped! I just got so lucky like I got the role play I learned just before going in! She asked me the basic basic questions and I got in all about my German film. And of course the project was all learned off anyway. Hopefully a high B? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

It was a terribly written article. LIES! LIES! LIES!

Randylonghorn,
    Fortunately I'm not a person that thinks along those lines, so I should be fine.

I'll give the fresh air one a try. I'm training 3 times a week, but something directed more towards relaxation might do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I know some people here are better at maths than others. HOW? Like what do you do? Please help me out :)

peekachoo wrote: »
    ridiculously well, better than I could have hoped! I just got so lucky like I got the role play I learned just before going in! She asked me the basic basic questions and I got in all about my German film. And of course the project was all learned off anyway. Hopefully a high B? :D

That's great to hear. I had it all prepared so the role-play and picture were fine, and I flew through AG, but I'm worried that my Grammatik has let me down. I was a bit worried and trying to do it too quick, so I made some real basic errors. Hopefully a high B also though.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

yournerd wrote: »
    I know some people here are better at maths than others. HOW? Like what do you do? Please help me out :)

Apparently a lot of it depends on how your brain functions. Some people work well with numbers/shapes etc, and on the other hand people can have flairs for languages and are better with letters/words. That said, there is no substitute for hard work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Like I get A1's in Accounting and Economics I know not really maths but still but some parts of Maths I jsut don't get and what is this article you're all on about?

I just am, Im just good at it. But I'm terrible with languages.

I'm really good with languages/history and overall writing involving subjects, but absolutely suck at maths/sciences. I hate maths. I don't understand how I can get full marks in financial maths/statistics/probability questions and then zeros in the likes of complex numbers.

Ah well, the world needs balance, if only there were more opportunities for people with interests like myself:rolleyes:.

, but I'm worried that my Grammatik has let me down .

story of my life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

A first year collapsed face first in the yard in our school today right in the middle of the yard. Everyone was grinning for a minute because they thought he fell over by accident but then I realised something was up as he just lay there. The teachers got there before I did but I felt pretty helpless nonetheless as I know nothing on first aid!
    I think I might learn first aid after the Leaving because although today was nothing 'major,' it could make a major difference when s**t really hits the fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Main thing is be willing to give anything a go, if the question is an integration context then INTEGRATE, but always do something, they can't give you marks for nothing but they can give you marks if you write something!

• Advertisement

Taking the day off tomorrow to study :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement