Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    chill then , you can take one night off its ok

N'aww thanks :D Decision made!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Prodigious wrote: »
    N'aww thanks :D Decision made!
    Haha *such a bad influence* enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'm not finished classes in school until like the 31st of May :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'm at the Leinster game, everyone needs a night off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Our last day of proper classes is the 22nd. Then grad is the next day, the 23rd. Everyone goes in and does absolutely nothing for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Our last day of proper classes is the 22nd. Then grad is the next day, the 23rd. Everyone goes in and does absolutely nothing for the day.

That's what it would be for my school. The school usually orders dominos for the 6th years on the last day.. however that hasn't happened in a while as 6th years always seem to find a way to get kicked out before grad in the last few years :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Macklemore sold out fast :O Rudimental in the Academy in October for 22 euro is a must :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Graduation is 23rd. nothng is organized. principal doesnt want us to go out either. on the other hand. i hate study.

8 higher level subjects of bull****e is too much for me.
    i also lost my job. ugggggggh and gym membership is finishing. ugggggggh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

not personally but it's on my Facebook feed from students there, its basically being taken out of proportion apparently :pac:

• Advertisement

Anyone got any plans for the long weekend?

Mine are non-existent thanks to the 2 maths papers and 12 integration questions/ English essay/ 2 geography essays to be learned/ French opinion question to be done :(

I plan on starting my weekend by watching crappy tv and hanging around on IRC later so feel free to join me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

barry194 wrote: »
    Macklemore sold out fast :O Rudimental in the Academy in October for 22 euro is a must :)

Do Rudimental do a proper live show or is it a DJ set?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Do you guys think that just concentrating on the A and B parts (in the questions with just A,B and C parts) for Maths from now on is a good idea? I'm aiming for a C3. (this is HL I'm talking about btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Do you guys think that just concentrating on the A and B parts (in the questions with just A,B and C parts) for Maths from now on is a good idea? I'm aiming for a C3. (this is HL I'm talking about btw)

Ya, our teacher is getting us to nail the A and B partsand hopefully pick up a few attempt marks in the C parts. Im hoping to pass

I don't think that focusing on any part of a question in particular will make a huge difference. They aren't as straight forward as they used to be with A being the easiest and getting harder from there.

The most annoying thing is that a lot of the time the A is the hardest part but you need the answer to do the other parts! I know how to do the rest of it but I haven't the foggiest where to start with part A!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

They aren't as straight forward as they used to be with A being the easiest and getting harder from there.

I don't know, I seem to find them harder as they go on.

I don't know, I seem to find them harder as they go on.

It tend to be more the trig/geometry questions that I can never do the start of I suppose.

If I see a 75 mark trig/geometry question on the paper I will have a breakdown in the middle of the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I sooooooo don't want to do any work this weekend! Laziness ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Colm! wrote: »
    Do Rudimental do a proper live show or is it a DJ set?

DJ set I'd imagine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

The most annoying thing is that a lot of the time the A is the hardest part but you need the answer to do the other parts! I know how to do the rest of it but I haven't the foggiest where to start with part A!

Couldn't agree more. Especially in the middle section of paper 1, contexts and applications. If you can't make a good start on it then you're screwed for the whole question, but once you do figure out how to make a start on it it's relatively easy for the rest of the question. Our teacher went through Q6 from the 2013 SEC sample paper 1 today, he stressed that if you couldn't do part A, then the rest of the questions would be downright impossible :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Planned on going to study at 10-5 today but I've been awake since 5 this morning with what I would think is a crick in my neck but the pain is unbearable I mean even moving my left arm sets it off :-/
    There's always something to stop me studying :P

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I'm sitting in my bedroom in the dark while its sunny outside planning on studying 'any minute' for the last two hours now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I was working from 9 this morning and everything was going grand until I hit an applied maths question that just won't work out. That was about an hour ago and I haven't done a tap since.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I got up thus morning with great intentions .. Was up before 10, took the dogs for a walk and came back feeling great! Until I sat down to do some study and couldn't! :( might go practice driving instead ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Last day of the Championship > study. Prioritising has never been my strong suit...

There's 16 minutues of added time in the Watford game. 16 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

decisions wrote: »
    I was working from 9 this morning and everything was going grand until I hit an applied maths question that just won't work out. That was about an hour ago and I haven't done a tap since.

Thus resonates with my soul! A bad applied maths question and it just throws me out for the whole day!

Maths teacher gave us the Examcraft paper 2 to take home for the weekend. Very manageable compared to the DEB

Maths teacher gave us the Examcraft paper 2 to take home for the weekend. Very manageable compared to the DEB

Plus the fact that you're three months on :P

• Advertisement

Plus the fact that you're three months on :P

Ya haha, The Question about the taps is tricky though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement