Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I read in the paper that with last year's higher level maths paper if you made some attempt at every question but got every single one wrong, you would come out with 47%!

There is hope for us after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Anyone know around what time tomorrow the UCD website is opening for booking accomadation?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I read in the paper that with last year's higher level maths paper if you made some attempt at every question but got every single one wrong, you would come out with 47%!

There is hope for us after all.

Any link? Id love 47%

Any link? Id love 47%

It was in yesterday's Independent, in the supplementy thing that had "The Secrets to the Leaving Cert" in it (which btw were no great secrets).

The same article said that there was one question and you got 60% of the marks for the question if all you did was draw a little diagram showing the radius of a circle touching the tangent........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Any link? Id love 47%

It was in yesterdays Sunday Independent magazine, unfortunately I don't have a link.

If anyone remembers the Exam Times suppliment with the Irish Times ages back the teacher who was writing that basically said the same thing, that in some cases you'd get 50% of the marks simply for writing a formula! In fairness though something dodgy has to be going on in the marking scheme if 3000 who ordinarily would do ordinary level come up to higher level and collectively the results are better than the year before in both higher level which gained 3000 struggling students and ordinary level, which lost 3000 of their best students!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Picked up the independent yesterday, just didn't read it yet :L

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Yeah, attempt marks is simple and can get you to pass, without even studying it. In my year, there's 57 in it and only 7 do higher level Maths right now. A huge difference between those doing higher and ordinary!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Glee_GG wrote: »
    Anyone know around what time tomorrow the UCD website is opening for booking accomadation?!

Think you can book from 7am onwards.. What's the story with it? Is it likely that you won't get a place? I live in Cork so accomodation is pretty much a necessity for me next year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

So expensive in UCD!

Prodigious wrote: »
    So expensive in UCD!

Better be worth it!

• Advertisement

Better be worth it!

In fairness it looks unbelievable! :D If I could I would!

Prodigious wrote: »
    In fairness it looks unbelievable! :D If I could I would!

I'm just dying to get out of Cork and meet new people, plus Dublin is essentially where everything is happening, being the capital and all, and I've heard nothing but good stories about it :P

I'm just dying to get out of Cork and meet new people, plus Dublin is essentially where everything is happening, being the capital and all, and I've heard nothing but good stories about it :P

Exactly :D Proper college life if you do it right !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Anyone know how much we have to pay tomorrow for ucd?

Pretty sure all that happens tomorrow is we go on the waiting list, if you want you can wait till I've registered and Ill let you know how it goes and what's involved :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Pretty sure all that happens tomorrow is we go on the waiting list, if you want you can wait till I've registered and Ill let you know how it goes and what's involved :P
    Thanks, I'll probably just do it whenever I get up though. Hopefully there isn't that long of a list!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

I have my art craft exam tomorrow and feel like I should be preparing for it but I have all my materials, ideas etc :P any advice for tomorrow? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Do ye buy some teachers presents or everyone pay to get something to say thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrySeoighe

user.name wrote: »
    I have my art craft exam tomorrow and feel like I should be preparing for it but I have all my materials, ideas etc :P any advice for tomorrow? :)

What are u doing? Lino/modeling/etc...? And what the theme? I had mine last friday, it went ok. :/

Sitting up straight for more than 5 minutes at a time is seriously painful, the one downside of playing the piano. My neck feels like it's going to snap off it's avhing so badly. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Do ye buy some teachers presents or everyone pay to get something to say thanks?

Usually if a class has a teacher for a couple of years/they are close to the teacher they will organise a group present when everyone puts in money , i just know personally there is 1/2 teachers that really stand out for me /helped me particularly so i will be getting them something small myself.
    thats just a personal choice though i know many school don't give presents

Tonight has been frustratingly unproductive! !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I'm gonna miss this thread when we're done :O

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

My school is having tea and sandwiches before mass and locking the locking the school so we can't get dressed to go out :(

yournerd wrote: »
    My school is having tea and sandwiches before mass and locking the locking the school so we can't get dressed to go out :(

Fo' real? Ain't nobody got time for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

The fact that I'm so unprepared for my art practical tomorrow worried me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Jade. wrote: »
    The fact that I'm so unprepared for my art practical tomorrow worried me :P

I'm sure you are a lot more prepared than you think , go in there with a positive outlook , best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Couldn't have been any happier with my art practical :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Do I need to do anything with the CAO letter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

peekachoo wrote: »
    Do I need to do anything with the CAO letter?

I binned mine, half of the courses aren't even on it anymore :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement